IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sunday December 1st

markjazzbassist

i'll miss this one i'll be at a santa brunch at the german cultural center eating breakfast and drinking steins of beer at 10am with my extended family (i love this family tradition :) ).  Leicester play attacking football which actually favors us, i think it will be open end to end stuff i can honestly see it being a draw.  

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Beni

Davies      Bernard

Richarlison      Kean       DCL

I can see this going horribly. They are on a hot streak and playing good football. 

It'll be Schneiderlin who lines up next to Davies. There's really no one else. I guess you could play Beni, but that makes me equally nervous. Can't believe I'm hoping that Delph is fit for this one. The center of the park is a sad state of affairs at the moment. 

What about a midfield three of Tom, Beni and Schneiderlin?  Morgan sitting in between the two CBs and the other two providing energy.  Key to the next set of games is we can never field more than 1 of Tosun, Gylfi or Morgan at a time.  Since we have no reserves at DM, we have to play Morgan, which means Tosun and Gylfi on the bench.

Richarlison Dom and Walcott up front.

Back for has to stay as Luca Mason Yerri and Sidibe

------------Pickford--------------------

Sidibe-Yerri-Mason-Luca

------------Morgan----------------

---Beni----------------Tom

Walcott ---Dom -- Richy

Assuming we make it through without enforced changes then I'd be bringing on Kean and Gordon if we're needing a goal.  If the pace slows last 15 then you can think about Gylfi.

Wonder though if Marco (assuming he's still around) might go for safe as house back line.   He must think that if he makes it to the weekend then his only chance of survival is to not loose:

Mason--Yeri --Keane -- Lucas

Coleman ---  Morgan --- Baines

Walcott -----Dom --- Richy

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'll miss this one i'll be at a santa brunch at the german cultural center eating breakfast and drinking steins of beer at 10am with my extended family (i love this family tradition :) ).  Leicester play attacking football which actually favors us, i think it will be open end to end stuff i can honestly see it being a draw.  

Pickford

Beni

Davies      Bernard

Can I come, please?

I agree with Mark with playing Beni, but maybe not behind Bernard and Tom. I don't feel like Beni can do any worse than Morgan has. I'd prefer a 442, but doubt Silva will play that way.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Beni  Davies

Iwobi

Walcott Richarlison Berard

Sid had an awful game and Coleman came on and looked like he was playing for the shirt. Holgate didn't do too well either and I think it's time for Keane to come back in. Iwobi has a bit more pace and can help out Beni and Davies sitting. Walcott provides extra defensive cover, as does Bernard. Richarlison is our best striker at the minute and IMO needs to be played there until we get someone in - which is a shame as he is also our best wide man and I'd much prefer him there.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

What about a midfield three of Tom, Beni and Schneiderlin?  Morgan sitting in between the two CBs and the other two providing energy.  Key to the next set of games is we can never field more than 1 of Tosun, Gylfi or Morgan at a time.  Since we have no reserves at DM, we have to play Morgan, which means Tosun and Gylfi on the bench.

Richarlison Dom and Walcott up front.

Back for has to stay as Luca Mason Yerri and Sidibe

------------Pickford--------------------

Sidibe-Yerri-Mason-Luca

------------Morgan----------------

---Beni----------------Tom

Walcott ---Dom -- Richy

Assuming we make it through without enforced changes then I'd be bringing on Kean and Gordon if we're needing a goal.  If the pace slows last 15 then you can think about Gylfi.

Wonder though if Marco (assuming he's still around) might go for safe as house back line.   He must think that if he makes it to the weekend then his only chance of survival is to not loose:

Mason--Yeri --Keane -- Lucas

Coleman ---  Morgan --- Baines

Walcott -----Dom --- Richy

Is Delph fit? I’d feel sick if I was Marco knowing my jobs on the line and his only options in midfield are Morgan, Davies, drop Gylfi deeper or bring in Beni.

Delph and Davies with Iwobi in front playing on the half turn. Richarlison DCl and Walcott/Kean up front 

No idea if Bernard and/or Delph will be fit and in contention. Should be quite a fast paced game, and I can see Sidibé getting caught out a bit and leaving the back exposed. Doubt we'll get anything from this one other than a consolation goal in 90th minute.

Pickford

Sidibé Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Sigurdsson

Iwobi

Walcott Richarlison

Tosun

On 26/11/2019 at 14:05, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Beni

Davies      Bernard

I would rather be with you drinking Steins than watch this game that's for sure!

I wouldn't want to go toe to toe with Leicester so this has to be a sit back and counter job. Typically they have struggled with those teams, drawing with Wolves and Newcastle, losing to Utd, narrowly beating Burnley, Sheffield and Palace (late 2nd). They are set up to dominate possession and their full backs fly forward so if you can take Ndidi out of the picture you have Syuncu who looks decent and quick and Evans who reads the game well but he won't beat DCL/Richarlison/Walcott/Bernard in a foot race.

I would get Keane back in as he will suit a packed set up even if the pace of Holgate might be more ideal up against Vardy. I don't care which RB starts as I don't think there is much difference.

In front of them I would play a three so that would have to be Schneiderlin, Davies and Siggy but with Siggy alongside Davies and tasked with being the chief midfield support runner, moving into space rather than facing back towards goal.

Ideally I would like to see Bernard or Iwobi left, DCL through the middle for his physical attributes and then Richarlison right because Walcott just isn't a good "footballer".

The key to doing well in this game would be how well we hold onto the ball when it goes forward and therefore how effective we are at creating chances. We should have enough in midfield and at the back to hold them at bay for large periods of the game, subject to not making any silly errors, but its then about how we string those passes together and get up the field. Its for that reason that Bernard will be massively important for us if he is fit. If he isn't I don't see us winning because Iwobi doesn't quite fill that role as well. If he was that little bit quicker I would stick him on the right to play in a similar way to Bernard.

Jonny Evans has been struggling with fitness and Wes Morgan is their back up - if he starts we need to get at him with pace. I’d like to see Bernard and Richarlison getting at their defence. This could be a good one for Kean actually against their backline. We won’t dominate the ball here and if I’m watching the first 10 minutes of Tosun trying to challenge Wes Morgan for pace to a ball over the top I’ll probably turn it off then.

I was looking forward to this from when Davies emerged as matching up against Tielemans will give a good indication of where he is at. Ndidi will break the play up but Delph, Davies, Gylfi and Bernard are all capable of passing around him. 

Ive shown Marco a lot of support but the key to getting at Leicester is literally what every team has done to us this year. Soak up the pressure - quick turn over and exploit exposed areas from advanced fullbacks with quick transition. Pace uptop for the love of god Marco.

Coleman out, Morgan and Theo major doubts. I can see silva going five at the back to try and stop the balls into the channels for vardy.

Pickford
sidibe.  Holgate. Keane Mina  digne

Davies 

Kean       Iwobi     Charly

DCl 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Coleman out, Morgan and Theo major doubts. I can see silva going five at the back to try and stop the balls into the channels for vardy.

Pickford
sidibe.  Holgate. Keane Mina  digne

Davies 

Kean       Iwobi     Charly

DCl 

I like the formation, but I would go with Walcott on the right for his pace and experience. 

13 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Well it's Friday, which means anything is possible again.  Close as I get to praying for proper performance.  Craft beer event here tonight so going to be drowsy come morning, will need something lively to keep my eyes open at 7am.

Sounds nice mate, and quite a good idea drowned your sorrows before the event. 

15 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Well it's Friday, which means anything is possible again.  Close as I get to praying for proper performance.  Craft beer event here tonight so going to be drowsy come morning, will need something lively to keep my eyes open at 7am.

Think your ok to stay in bed, were playing on Sunday 🤪

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Hopefully with morgan and Delph out it gives Beni a chance to shine. 

I'd imagine Silva will drop Siggy deeper though with the thought of two kids sitting in CM. 

I hope you’re wrong,  I don’t want to see Gylfi starting he’s a liability that we can’t afford in the position we’re in. 

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Hopefully with morgan and Delph out it gives Beni a chance to shine. 

I'd imagine Silva will drop Siggy deeper though with the thought of two kids sitting in CM. 

Doesn’t matter what he does - if he drops siggy deeper then he should have played the kids if we lose. If he plays the kids and we lose again then he should have dropped siggy. Noise will come from the same fans regardless of what decision he makes.

29 minutes ago, Btay said:

Doesn’t matter what he does - if he drops siggy deeper then he should have played the kids if we lose. If he plays the kids and we lose again then he should have dropped siggy. Noise will come from the same fans regardless of what decision he makes.

He has put himself in that position though. Last week for example he subbed a RB for a RB with a £30m striker on the bench.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

That noise came from the majority of the fans at the Norwich game, they can’t all be wrong.