IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Away) Wednesday December 4th

markjazzbassist

I would go with the 3 at the back and the 2 wingbacks to try and keep Robertson and Trent Alexander in their own halves, if Sidibe plays as well as he did against Leicester he’s going to give Robertson loads of problems, and if Digne and Bernard get to play on the left they will give Trent Alexander plenty of problems, so the key is push them back, and that will cut the supply to the front men most of Liverpool’s attacks start with them 2.

Pickford  

Holgate.      Keane.     Mina. 
Sidibe.                                                 Digne. 
                       Gylfi.        Davies 

Iwobi.              Richarlison.             Bernard. 

2-3-3-2 formation                                                                                                  Pickford                                                                                                                                    Sidebe  Baines                                                                                                                           Davies   Mina   Digne                                                                                                             Iwobi   Siggourdson   Bernard                                                                                               Richarlison   M Keane                                                                

1 hour ago, mahmud said:

2-3-3-2 formation                                                                                                  Pickford                                                                                                                                    Sidebe  Baines                                                                                                                           Davies   Mina   Digne                                                                                                             Iwobi   Siggourdson   Bernard                                                                                               Richarlison   M Keane                                                                

No offense, but I feel like this formation has too much space, and Iwobi looks to be completely isolated. 

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would go with the 3 at the back and the 2 wingbacks to try and keep Robertson and Trent Alexander in their own halves, if Sidibe plays as well as he did against Leicester he’s going to give Robertson loads of problems, and if Digne and Bernard get to play on the left they will give Trent Alexander plenty of problems, so the key is push them back, and that will cut the supply to the front men most of Liverpool’s attacks start with them 2.

Pickford  

Holgate.      Keane.     Mina. 
Sidibe.                                                 Digne. 
                       Gylfi.        Davies 

Iwobi.              Richarlison.             Bernard. 

Agree we should go with 3 at the back to negate their full backs.

More I think about it the more I reckon we might as well go toe to toe with them, 4-3-3 and attacking. Got nothing to lose. Plus, best way to stop them is push their full backs back and out play them in midfield. I don't see the formation we played at Leicester working against them. 5 at the back would leave Salah, Firminho and Mane going one to one with our three CBs and the quality of the delivery from their full backs means our full backs would practically have to go man to man to deny them any space. Plus, leaving a two man centre mid vs their 3, they'd just get over run. 

I think the best way to pin their full backs back is to play a high, narrow front 3, I'd go Richarlison, DCL and Kean. Go long, Alexander-Arnold will leave space all game, Robertson will have to drop back to help their CBs. I'd play a reasonably attacking 3 in midfield, too - Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi/Bernard, aim being to pick up balls in the spaces and play round their 3, which is a lot easier without Fabinho. Sidibe and Digne play like old fashioned full backs, ie a proper back 4 to counter their front 3. We might still get murdered but I don't see we've got the players to stop them any other way. 

Liverpool tend to struggle when they are asked to create just as they did against us last season. I would argue that Leicester are more creative than Liverpool but Liverpool carry more of a threat. 

If AOC plays, which I expect he will, then this makes them more dangerous against those tactics as he does just enough to cause that little ripple in the defensive line that he or the others can exploit. 

The other thing to consider is that Klopp has now seen our 541 in action. It only took Rodgers 60 mins to find it out and Klopp is probably one of the sharpest tactical minds out there and I don't see how any midfield pairing we could get out could stop them completely dominating the ball in our half. 

If they do dominate possession like that they will eventually create more than enough chances to score. We would have to score at least 2 of our own IMO.

2 hours ago, nogs said:

More I think about it the more I reckon we might as well go toe to toe with them, 4-3-3 and attacking. Got nothing to lose. Plus, best way to stop them is push their full backs back and out play them in midfield. I don't see the formation we played at Leicester working against them. 5 at the back would leave Salah, Firminho and Mane going one to one with our three CBs and the quality of the delivery from their full backs means our full backs would practically have to go man to man to deny them any space. Plus, leaving a two man centre mid vs their 3, they'd just get over run. 

I think the best way to pin their full backs back is to play a high, narrow front 3, I'd go Richarlison, DCL and Kean. Go long, Alexander-Arnold will leave space all game, Robertson will have to drop back to help their CBs. I'd play a reasonably attacking 3 in midfield, too - Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi/Bernard, aim being to pick up balls in the spaces and play round their 3, which is a lot easier without Fabinho. Sidibe and Digne play like old fashioned full backs, ie a proper back 4 to counter their front 3. We might still get murdered but I don't see we've got the players to stop them any other way. 

Don't be thinking before the derby nogs, it's dangerous. 

I spend months telling myself to expect a loss, then the week before convincing myself we might nick a point, before finally reaching the last 24 hours adament that this is our year! 

39 minutes ago, badaids said:

New neighbour moved in last week. Gave him a knock to say hi yesterday and it turns out he’s a toffee too!

So we’re going to watch the match tonight and provide trauma counselling to each other afterwards.

Sounds cozy you buying him chocolates as well 😉

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Two of his kids have season tickets at Analfield. They’ll enjoy watching him ref tonight. 

its nuts that in this day and age you can find out info like that.  wow.  probably back in the day it happened all the time and people thought the refs were impartial, now it's easy to see just how partial they are.