IGNORED

Everton Soares

18 hours ago, Matt said:

The laziest of lazy journalism. 

“Everton football club need a striker. There’s a striker called Everton. Quick, there’s an article to be written!”

Actually this one is quite good, but is another winger. Perhaps if we move Theo, this guy would be perfect fit. Not sure Everton would be comming to Everton though. There are a lot of clubs interested right now.

51 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Actually this one is quite good, but is another winger. Perhaps if we move Theo, this guy would be perfect fit. Not sure Everton would be comming to Everton though. There are a lot of clubs interested right now.

If there is any truth to this rumour then I hope he didn't catch the game last night and isn't aware of where we are in the table. 

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

He was being touted for CL teams not long ago. I saw he’s a winger but pretty sure I’ve read elsewhere that he can play as a forward, like Richarlison. Both of them on either side of DCL or Kean could be formidable 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, patto said:

Got pace skill can score goals what more do you want move Walcott on I think he's a lot younger than Theo

He’s 23, so yes much younger. Good age and looks dangerous

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He is vastly over valued by his club 

Also yes. Allegedly asking something like 40m US. Of course if he’s another Richarlison then utd will be buying him off us for 80 in no time. 

Not a completely ludicrous price, but hard for me to imagine that we're looking to add more wide attacking players.  Another bloke did a blog post recently about Ancelotti's initial signings when at a new club, almost exclusively focuses on the "spine" and almost never buys wide attackers.  Will post the link if I can find it.

Edit: found the lnk

https://toffeeanalysis.com/2020/01/04/carlos-ancelotti-his-transfer-history-his-tactics-and-so-much-more/

40 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Not a completely ludicrous price, but hard for me to imagine that we're looking to add more wide attacking players.  Another bloke did a blog post recently about Ancelotti's initial signings when at a new club, almost exclusively focuses on the "spine" and almost never buys wide attackers.  Will post the link if I can find it.

Edit: found the lnk

https://toffeeanalysis.com/2020/01/04/carlos-ancelotti-his-transfer-history-his-tactics-and-so-much-more/

As any competent manager would. From day one I was worried about Silva spunking our budget on a winger from his former club, more so when he had just been managing Doucoure who'd have added some steel we were missing. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As any competent manager would. From day one I was worried about Silva spunking our budget on a winger from his former club, more so when he had just been managing Doucoure who'd have added some steel we were missing. 

We had steel in Gana and he added class in Gomes. Nothing wrong with that. If you still think we are better off without Gana then I’m really not sure what you are watching.

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

We had steel in Gana and he added class in Gomes. Nothing wrong with that. If you still think we are better off without Gana then I’m really not sure what you are watching.

Gana had energy not steel, really don't see how a headless chicken would have helped if anything we'd have been even lower. 

58 minutes ago, barryj said:

One of a forward three. Not an out and out striker. 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, Richarlison is a winger being played as a striker, its a proper striker we need not another winger.

regardless of what anyone calls it, in the 442 richarlison is played as a striker.  therefore we have only 2 wingers bernard and walcott.  walcott is crap.  we need another winger.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

regardless of what anyone calls it, in the 442 richarlison is played as a striker.  therefore we have only 2 wingers bernard and walcott.  walcott is crap.  we need another winger.

I think what we are saying is that if he plays this formation then if we had another viable striker he would be a winger! 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Richy would be playing his natural position on the Wing not in the middle.

I personally think Richarlison is much better as a striker when he’s got a partner. If we’re after another striker, I’d like it to be a partner for him. I’d prefer we get a winger to replace Walcott.