IGNORED

James Rodríguez

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Coy was touted at £24m, James at £25m

Wow James cost real 63m pounds when they bought him.  Selling for less than half.  I didn’t realize he was going for that cheap!  Although with not a lot of suitors at that price kinda speaks for itself, something not right there.  Coutinho has performed better of the two IMO but he’s the more expensive and doesn’t really fit our formation.  It will be interesting to see where they end up, honestly I’d be fine if we said no to both and looked elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Wow James cost real 63m pounds when they bought him.  Selling for less than half.  I didn’t realize he was going for that cheap!  Although with not a lot of suitors at that price kinda speaks for itself, something not right there.  Coutinho has performed better of the two IMO but he’s the more expensive and doesn’t really fit our formation.  It will be interesting to see where they end up, honestly I’d be fine if we said no to both and looked elsewhere.  

Financially he will be worth nothing on Reals books, They bought him six years ago. So if his first contract was four years it’s cost them under 16m per year in write down. If we pay 25m it’s all profit for them. Not to mention they will already have had fees from Bayern for the loan, they were probably in profit on him last season. 

James also revealed that he was the one who made sure his Bayern loan did not become permanent.

“Bayern is a top club, but the one who did not want to continue was me. They wanted to activate the purchase option, but I spoke with a leader so that they did not do it because I was not comfortable and I was not happy.

“When that happens in your life you have to make decisions, they understood it perfectly. At that time my decision was that and I do not regret it. ”

https://onefootball.com/en/news/james-rodriguez-reveals-real-madrid-blocked-permanent-switch-30244265

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Financially he will be worth nothing on Reals books, They bought him six years ago. So if his first contract was four years it’s cost them under 16m per year in write down. If we pay 25m it’s all profit for them. Not to mention they will already have had fees from Bayern for the loan, they were probably in profit on him last season. 

I quoted the monies to show how far he’s fallen, I don’t care about real’ finances and how he looks on the books.  He was a 63m player and is worth less than half now. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I quoted the monies to show how far he’s fallen, I don’t care about real’ finances and how he looks on the books.  He was a 63m player and is worth less than half now. 

Bayern paid £10m loan fee and had the option to make it permanent for £30m so would have paid £40m in total for him which is still a decent amount. Plus real only want rid as he doesn't suit their managers vision, not because he's a bad player. 

He's touted for less than £30m at the moment as he's turned down a move to Munich and he's in his last year of his contract. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

But that’s my point, as the player owes the club nothing his transfer value will have been reflected in that. Obviously he’s not worth the same value as he was when they signed him, but what a players contract owes the club will always affect what they are willing to sell him for. So in this instance they could be happy to sell him for as little as £10m, but he’s a player who is more than likely worth more than that. 
My point is that a players value is not necessarily the same as what is paid for him. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

But that’s my point, as the player owes the club nothing his transfer value will have been reflected in that. Obviously he’s not worth the same value as he was when they signed him, but what a players contract owes the club will always affect what they are willing to sell him for. So in this instance they could be happy to sell him for as little as £10m, but he’s a player who is more than likely worth more than that. 
My point is that a players value is not necessarily the same as what is paid for him. 

oh i get that, and i get the reality that selling him at any price is still profit for them, but to see his transfer fee listed that low is surprising, that's all i'm saying.  i still thought he would go for 50m or something.  call me naive (don't call me shirley)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Whatever the fee, he's on mad wages.  Exactly what we're struggling to get rid of now.  Overpaid undermotivated players.  Easy to sign, impossible to get rid of if it doesn't work.

Just because he’s on mad wages now, doesn’t mean he will be next time. He only has one year left on that huge contract, so do you take a one year deal on 250k or take a four year deal on 150k?

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rodríguez, Allan and Doucoure... I might just get excited if Brands and Ancelotti pull that off!

Would be amazing but i cant see all three coming at once. I think it will be either Rodriguez or Doucoure personally. If the rumors where true about a fee under 10 million for Rodriguez then thats a huge coup. Whilst i know it shouldn't be the case but id be most excited to see Gomes in the midfield with Allan and Rodriguez - Huge improvement on the midfield we endured for 19/20 season.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They were three players for the same role, these are three players who have different games.

Exactly this. 
If Rodriguez comes in he’ll play wide like has in the past for Carlo. 

Cant help but think DCL in the middle, James and Richarlison out wide, with Doucoure, Gomes and Allan begins them. 
Don’t know about anyone else, but that excites me, a lot!

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Exactly this. 

Cant help but think DCL in the middle, James and Richarlison out wide, with Doucoure, Gomes and Allan begins them. 

I'm not sure you would want to play with wide men like that with 3 in midfield. You would end up with a cluster of players all inside the width of the 18 yard box and then you would be relying on the full backs doing most of the creative work out wide because the middle of the park is too congested.

I think you would need at least one natural winger with 3 men in midfield. 

He looks the ideal fit in a 4-4-2 though (from what I have read of him).

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Exactly this. 

Big thing is Rodriguez is left footed. Finally. I think if we can get all those players into a fluid 4-3-3 we could really be onto something.

At this stage a loan is the best option for us. A fantastic player if he feels like it and not injured and fuck me the eye watering wages.

Lets loan him, make him feel wanted and give him game time (if of course he can displace Davies) and if it all works out sign him on a free. He might lift the other players too to have a name like that at Goodison.

Too much risk to spunk 40 mil plus wages on him at the moment.

2 hours ago, badaids said:

Too much risk to spunk 40 mil plus wages on him at the moment.

The fee will be nowhere near £40m! The fee will be less than £10m and reported as undisclosed - similar to us selling Schneiderlin - it’s about getting the player off the wage bill. James will have to take a big wage cut for it to happen. 3 year deal now is perfect in my opinion - there’d be no guarantee that he’d choose us as a free agent next summer and it’s whether Real would sanction a loan in the final year of his contract anyway. He’s clearly someone Ancelotti knows, rates and trusts so we need to put our faith in that.

My one recent memory of Rodriguez was when he came on for Columbia vs England in the world cup......  night and day difference to their side.  It was like watching a genuine match winner who could pick apart our defence and he wasn't fully fit. 

For me, we don't have anyone with that type of guile up front. Bernard if on his game maybe, Richarlison is more a finisher than creator....

If the numbers are right then it's a no brainer. Carlo trusts him, if he thinks he will improve us then I'm all for it.  

A different way to assess this is:' how would you feel if Liverpool, man city or Chelsea came in for him.  Personally I would think "no brainer".... it's only because we've had our fingers burned with players at the latter part of their careers.