IGNORED

James Rodríguez

37 minutes ago, badaids said:

I’m still traumatised by the whole ‘Muller is flying to Goodison in a helicopter to finalise his contract’ in 1994.

So I will never believe that we have signed a high profile player again. The only proof I will accept that we have signed them is that we have transfer listed them.

There’s been plenty more since then! 😂

I know the pain. 
I saw Manny Fernandes in La Tasca in town after he had flown in due to sign tomorrow. Said hello and asked him if he was there to sign for Everton, he said “tomorrow, tomorrow” and we left him to his dinner. 
The next day he jumped on a flight to Valencia. 
He was in the fucking city centre, get the contract signed then go and get a bit of tapas. 

Actaully, I’ve only just seen the irony of him going for a Spanish meal and deciding to bugger off to Spain. 
😂

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Kudos to the Everton owners and management team. Despite the disappointments of Koeman and Silva, they’re willing to spend to support their manager. Third time lucky. You can’t blame a lack of commitment, that’s for sure. 

I agtee, and i have said before big part of the shambolic transfers over the past 4years has in the main been down to Moshiri and almost over egerness to build a better team. He has spent with the right intentions, lesson being you can't just throw big wages at players!! 

But it sounds luke we are a little more sencible. Rodrigeuz is reportedly taking about a 50% pay cut in order to come here. Straight away Rodriguez has my respect. Given he would have been available as a free transfer in 12 months time, i am sure he would have been able to get a sign on fee and better wage deal. I would guess by signing for us, Rodriquz is giving up around £4m to £5m a year for the next 3years!!! So maybe a sacrifice of at least £15m!! So he will have a vastly different attitude to a lot of big money signings made in the past. He is not going to be lacking passion and enthusiasum, he is definately come here with hunger and a point to prove. 

Just for taking a significant paycut Rodriques gets my respect however this transfer turns out. His agent must be puling his hair out!! 😂

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I agtee, and i have said before big part of the shambolic transfers over the past 4years has in the main been down to Moshiri and almost over egerness to build a better team. He has spent with the right intentions, lesson being you can't just throw big wages at players!! 

But it sounds luke we are a little more sencible. Rodrigeuz is reportedly taking about a 50% pay cut in order to come here. Straight away Rodriguez has my respect. Given he would have been available as a free transfer in 12 months time, i am sure he would have been able to get a sign on fee and better wage deal. I would guess by signing for us, Rodriquz is giving up around £4m to £5m a year for the next 3years!!! So maybe a sacrifice of at least £15m!! So he will have a vastly different attitude to a lot of big money signings made in the past. He is not going to be lacking passion and enthusiasum, he is definately come here with hunger and a point to prove. 

Just for taking a significant paycut Rodriques gets my respect however this transfer turns out. His agent must be puling his hair out!! 😂

I agree if true, but it is likely he will still be on a decent sign on fee now. Its not just free agents that get sign ons, they just usually get bigger ones because there is no transfer fee involved. I am very sure agents will be playing the card of "he only has one year left and could get a big sign on fee if he waited".

42 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree if true, but it is likely he will still be on a decent sign on fee now. Its not just free agents that get sign ons, they just usually get bigger ones because there is no transfer fee involved. I am very sure agents will be playing the card of "he only has one year left and could get a big sign on fee if he waited".

From all I have read, I genuinely believe this transfer is more about Rodriguez wanting to leave Real, coming to playing under Ancelotti and getting on the pitch to play football, rather than him wanting to earn as much as he can out of the game on his last contract. In this day and age it feels like breath of fresh air a player coming here on a reduced rather than an inflated salary!!!  I am going to enjoy the moment.

I think he would be a fair amount wealthier just running is £11m a year Real contact down and being a free agent next summer. 

Maybe I am being naive, and we are being rinsed some other way, but ignorance is bliss as they say :)

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

From all I have read, I genuinely believe this transfer is more about Rodriguez wanting to leave Real, coming to playing under Ancelotti and getting on the pitch to play football, rather than him wanting to earn as much as he can out of the game on his last contract. In this day and age it feels like breath of fresh air a player coming here on a reduced rather than an inflated salary!!!  I am going to enjoy the moment.

I think he would be a fair amount wealthier just running is £11m a year Real contact down and being a free agent next summer. 

Maybe I am being naive, and we are being rinsed some other way, but ignorance is bliss as they say :)

Seems that way. Even for the cynical among us though his career income may be boosted long term by getting games in the Premier League vs. sitting on Real's bench.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours of issues around this deal now. It wouldn’t be an Everton transfer without scare stories and delays :lol:.

If transfers go at the same speed he should be a little behind Allan. The fact that Allan’s still not signed means there’s still a while to go. Maybe reception have borrowed the only pen in the building 🤔