IGNORED

James Rodríguez

A player with potential to be be the Premier leagues signing of the year!! no doubt. 

Great deal, with a 3 years being a CLUB option. 

I actually think this proper marques signing will also lift the weight of expectation and pressure of a lot of the players we already have - that can only make them feel better.

A big coup in my eyes - no matter how it turns out and definitely highlights benefits of employing a big name manager. 

38 minutes ago, Aidan said:

James Rodriguez created 5+ chances in 3 of his last 6 league starts - no Everton player’s created 5+ chances in any game this year. 

Not saying he won’t be a tremendous help for us but this is a grain of salt stat since hewas around much better players on a much more dominant team.

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Very encouraging that it appears like the marketing boys are on to this already by announcing Everton stores in the US and South America

We signed him 5 minutes ago and a pic of him on his FB profile in an Everton shirt has already got over 31.5M likes !

Maybe, just maybe we will become more media savvy.

Really pleased we’ve done this deal in the way we have, every transfer is a gamble, and on this we’ve reduced our exposure with option for more if it works out.... which of course it will👍💙😎

53 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Maybe, just maybe we will become more media savvy.

Really pleased we’ve done this deal in the way we have, every transfer is a gamble, and on this we’ve reduced our exposure with option for more if it works out.... which of course it will👍💙😎

Whether he works out here the way we all hope or not this really is a fantastic bit of business. In the end we've gotten a potential match winner with loads of experience for winning clubs for a modest fee and even have a club option if it goes south. Really a great job done on this one.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-james-rodriguez-plans-18895190

Very encouraging that it appears like the marketing boys are on to this already by announcing Everton stores in the US and South America

We signed him 5 minutes ago and a pic of him on his FB profile in an Everton shirt has already got over 31.5M likes !

Game changer! 31.5m likes is another planet for a club like ours. 
It’s a shame this couldn’t happen sooner, it could have opened up another level of sponsorship. Hummel will be made up!

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

The option is for us to extend. But if he plays a set number of games it will automatically extend. 

That is a good bit of business in my eyes. Gives us an out if it doesn't work but means we can get another year out of him (at least) if it does! 

I'm not sure this will sink in even when I watch him playing. I think it will be more a case of Bernard looks taller and better looking today!

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

No need to wait that long!

I want to downvote that so badly, Mike.

This is massive. As you all have mentioned, as much as I want to believe he still has what it takes on the pitch to take us to the next level, this lifts our profile to extreme new heights. When was the last time we signed two proven players with a track record longer than a year in the same offseason for under their market values? I don't think we have in the decade+ I've been following Everton.

May sound weird but I couldn’t care less about the media boost. All my excitement is about what he will bring to us on the pitch. This isn’t Rooney coming back, this isn’t just a massive marquee signing. This is the definition of intent and ambition, which is the second time Moshiri has understood it following Carlo’s appointment and it’s about bloody time.