IGNORED

James Rodríguez

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Articles circulating that we didn’t even pay a fee for Rodríguez. Fantastic business if so. Think he’s going to bring the whole squad up another level.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8717445/Everton-signed-James-Rodriguez-FREE-Real-Madrid-share-future-transfer-fee.html

I was checking out his pecs and shoulders in his interview ... The blokes a unit.  Looks like good 14 stone player who can shift and run all day. 

I need to watch some ladies beach volley ball or something..... spent 90 minutes developing man crushes

Sorry.... Just realised this is the Rodriguez thread.... Was talking about Doucoure.  James is my svelte silky left pegged sweetheart

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Stunned by the quality of his play and the way he was able to fit into the team so effortlessly.

So much joy watching him in this team, genuinely counting down to the next match.

Effortless, he’s 2/3 steps ahead no doubt if he stays fit he’ll be double figures in assists 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Couldn’t wait to see him. Now.... fuck me what a player!
I was really expecting him to be a little light weight... but damn he isn’t is he! 

If this is what we call an introduction, the. This guy is going to take the prem by storm.

I thought he might be lightweight or a bit timid up against Davies but he was more than up for the fight both in terms of attitude and physically. 

Very impressed when he’s up to speed he’s going to be a right handful, I just hope DCL and Richarlison can get onto his wavelength so his best isn’t wasted if you know what I mean. 
I don’t think we are going to see him helping the defence out to much, but then why would you when you can use your energy hurting teams going forward the way he does. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Very impressed when he’s up to speed he’s going to be a right handful, I just hope DCL and Richarlison can get onto his wavelength so his best isn’t wasted if you know what I mean. 
I don’t think we are going to see him helping the defence out to much, but then why would you when you can use your energy hurting teams going forward the way he does. 

That’s the thing. This midfield has had no time together. It’s exciting to think about where they will be in a couple of months when they start to really understand each other’s games

10 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

the five chances he created in the game are the most by any player making their Premiership debut since Alexi Sanchez for Arsenal in 2014!! and the most by any Everton player in two years!! :D. I just can't wait for him to get his eye in!!!! 

Don't think the Premiership is going to phase him!! 

He was up for it, this whole thing about him not defending - I didn’t see any evidence of that. It’s easy to jump in the bandwagon because of reputation but he was sliding around and cutting passing lanes. He won’t be like richarlison, all energy getting back and getting a foot in but he is smart.

Best part for me was when he was on the end of a kick and went down and there was about 4 Everton players there instantly. Teams won’t bully us. I also wouldn’t lay a finger on James if Mina is on the pitch, asking for trouble that!

8 hours ago, Btay said:

He was up for it, this whole thing about him not defending - I didn’t see any evidence of that. It’s easy to jump in the bandwagon because of reputation but he was sliding around and cutting passing lanes. He won’t be like richarlison, all energy getting back and getting a foot in but he is smart.

Best part for me was when he was on the end of a kick and went down and there was about 4 Everton players there instantly. Teams won’t bully us. I also wouldn’t lay a finger on James if Mina is on the pitch, asking for trouble that!

I was coming in here to specifically say that his work rate defensively was a pleasant surprise. He doesn't do it all the time, and I don't want him to because he's a silky, sexy bastard going forward, but when he needs to he does the graft as well.

Moshiri has wanted a superstar signing, a proper marquee player... well, he's got it in James Rodriguez.