IGNORED

James Rodríguez

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whilst the virtues of prime Troy Deeney were discussed on here akin to what DCL does for us... It's James Rodriguez Keys is saying we should have got instead.    James is probably the most intelligent player I've seen play for us, his touch and technical ability and vision is ridiculous.

I didn't think he would be this good, I knew he would be good but not this good so quickly. 

Agreed. Can’t wait for him to get up to full speed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54328590

Not that I hold Garth Crooks in any particular high regard, but Rodrigez has made it in to all three of his 'team of the week' picks so far this season. Not just us Evertonians drooling over his performances :) 

What is he going to be like when he actually gets use to his team mates and the cut and thrust of the Premier league!! 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54328590

Not that I hold Garth Crooks in any particular high regard, but Rodrigez has made it in to all three of his 'team of the week' picks so far this season. Not just us Evertonians drooling over his performances :) 

What is he going to be like when he actually gets use to his team mates and the cut and thrust of the Premier league!! 

I’m not sure he needs to get used to anything. He looks to me like it doesn’t matter where he is playing football, he is just at a level that the game is easy and it’s all at his pace. If he does somehow get better, I don’t think I can handle that. 😍

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not sure he needs to get used to anything. He looks to me like it doesn’t matter where he is playing football, he is just at a level that the game is easy and it’s all at his pace. If he does somehow get better, I don’t think I can handle that. 😍

I’d like his pace to pick up a little, though that will come with time

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I know, I just can't get my head around how a complete new midfield four of Allan, Dacoure, Gomes and Rodriquez with not one pairing ever having played together have just slotted in together and it works. It difficult enough bringing one or two player in to the heart of a team. I was expecting a few 'horror show' collective midfield performances to start with given the extent of the changes made - but it almost the opposite. As the 'luxury' player I was expecting Rodriguez to maybe suffer the most in a completely new midfield - but no that does not seem to be happening. 

I suppose we just not used to seeing real quality coming to the club - as you said a player of such ability, it doesn't really where he plays football - just give him the ball and he is just oozes quality with it. 

But less than a month in, this midfield is only going to get better once they get to know each others and the rest of the teams game.

Massive credit to Ancelotti and then the board for backing these transfers.  

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Pace? I’ve never seen him do anything other than walk with the ball! I move quicker playing golf. 😂

He just seems to walk around the pitch doing magical things. I love the slow bastard!

You like him now, tell the missus that your #10 James sock is going to get a lot more of attention 

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

Absolutely superb in the second half. One special special player 

Amazing to have a player who doesn't react to a press by panicking and unloading to the nearest player. His composure on the ball is outrageous, like Iniesta... Opponents seem in awe of him, they squeeze him and he finds a teammate in space and then they are out of shape.  The look on their faces.

It will get to the stage where they don't press him, retain shape and mark the passing options. 

I was panicking that last 20 minutes whenever he had the ball and had players snapping around him.  just wanted him to get rid so they'd keep away from him!

ran the game brilliantly, hopefully Richarilson isn't out long because he is such a good outlet for James with his running down the wing

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Amazing to have a player who doesn't react to a press by panicking and unloading to the nearest player. His composure on the ball is outrageous, like Iniesta... Opponents seem in awe of him, they squeeze him and he finds a teammate in space and then they are out of shape.  The look on their faces.

It will get to the stage where they don't press him, retain shape and mark the passing options. 

He reminds me of the old PlayStation games when you’d have the ball and just dribble over the pitch with the ball stuck to your feet easing around the opposition. He just flows like water round whatever is in the way. Gomes can do that too but James is menacing with it.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It's the free part that still gets me. An unbelievable bit of business done by Brands and the entire team that got this one done. Quickly building a reputation and legacy that will hopefully last for a very long time. And the JOY that is on his face when the team scores. You can just tell this is the first time he's really enjoyed playing in quite some time. 

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's the free part that still gets me. An unbelievable bit of business done by Brands and the entire team that got this one done. Quickly building a reputation and legacy that will hopefully last for a very long time. And the JOY that is on his face when the team scores. You can just tell this is the first time he's really enjoyed playing in quite some time. 

yeah i was gonna say this too, you can tell he is enjoying being with a manager that appreciates him, and being the top dog here. he doesn't back down from it, he's calling players out, telling them where he wants them, and he always wants the ball.  sometimes he can act like a spoiled child (throws up hands when someone makes a bad run) but on the whole very impressed with him.