IGNORED

James Rodríguez

On 08/10/2020 at 13:26, SpartyBlue said:

North America is a good idea but it’s an absolute must we have some friendlies in South America while James is with us.

On 08/10/2020 at 13:34, markjazzbassist said:

article said friendlies in both americas, so we're good :)  

Looks as though our footprint in South America is growing by the day, an official partnership with Everton which should be really beneficial commercially. 

Hopefully we can send the kids over to have them take part in a friendly on the Starting XI's behalf next summer. 

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

something is better than nothing but they are a small club in chile, and James is from colombia.  like trying to woo ronaldo by getting links with real sociedad or something.  not really applicable.  but nice to see them doing something positive!

That's not the point of the partnership though, we're not looking to sign players that have already established themselves, we will be looking at kids who have the potential to be the next James Rodriguez. 

We will literally be scouting at South American soccer schools (ages 5-16?) along with looking at the young talent that is on the fringes of the Chilean league and signing them for buttons - we'll have first refusal on all Everton Mar departures and will more than likely have a set compensation fee so that negations are pretty much non existent. 

In return, Everton Mar get some of our pocket money annually which helps them ticking over in what is a financially poor league. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

That's not the point of the partnership though, we're not looking to sign players that have already established themselves, we will be looking at kids who have the potential to be the next James Rodriguez. 

We will literally be scouting at South American soccer schools (ages 5-16?) along with looking at the young talent that is on the fringes of the Chilean league and signing them for buttons - we'll have first refusal on all Everton Mar departures and will more than likely have a set compensation fee so that negations are pretty much non existent. 

In return, Everton Mar get some of our pocket money annually which helps them ticking over in what is a financially poor league. 

Has an Everton mar player ever made the premier league?  Have they made any major league for that matter?  Wouldn’t it make more sense to partner with a top club in Brazil where they churn out quality?  Not trying to be negative, I think the Everton/Everton is clever and cool from a club and commercial perspective.  But I’m not expecting anything player wise from them.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Has an Everton mar player ever made the premier league?  Have they made any major league for that matter?  Wouldn’t it make more sense to partner with a top club in Brazil where they churn out quality?  Not trying to be negative, I think the Everton/Everton is clever and cool from a club and commercial perspective.  But I’m not expecting anything player wise from them.

This club has class not everything it does is done solely for profit or gain, we are there supporting their community through football, and if something else comes from that then that’s a bonus, not the be all and end all. 

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Why would Flamengo or Santos want to tie themselves into a partnership with a single club when they know full well that they will have Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc all creating bidding wars for their players and driving their prices up? 

It would be a ludicrous business decision. Everton Mar on the other hand are more than grateful for the partnership and it gives us a foot in door to them, the Chilean Division and the entire country. 

43 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This club has class not everything it does is done solely for profit or gain, we are there supporting their community through football, and if something else comes from that then that’s a bonus, not the be all and end all. 

yes and i am all for this.  i was speaking to the people who are saying this will benefit us in a sporting way, i don't see that ever happening.  it's more an EITC thing (which i love and support) than a sporting thing IMO.

55 minutes ago, Btay said:

I feel Ancelotti could be playing some games here as this takes the media limelight away from Pickford. James probably will play against Southampton in my opinion.

I hope do but doubt it.

My guess is he probably needs a week off more than he's injured. 

On 17/10/2020 at 16:54, markjazzbassist said:

i loved seeing him yelling at pickford about his bad distribution, he's right.  don't just punt it unless someone is open.

On 17/10/2020 at 18:29, Palfy said:

I noticed Allan and Keane when in possession were well  pissed off with the lack of movement in front of them when they wanted to move the ball forward. 

MJB - To be fair to Pickford, the ball was fine but DCL was offside. Pickford will struggle to tell if he is offside from that far away. 

Palfy - I think this is part of the reason possession turned over too easily in midfield at times because no-one was available. A lot of that is down to how well Liverpool press though!