IGNORED

James Rodríguez

48 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Dont understand why anyone would want him, failed everywhere hes been,  bad attitude, and fitness issues, keep well away EFC

His goal/assists return per game are fantastic everywhere he's been pretty much every single season what are you talking about? 

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

For those James supporters, please check his injury statistics for the past 3 seasons, and then share your honest opinion do you really want him to come here. He's not wanted in Real and Bayern did not activated his loan to buy clause for a reason. I'll make it easier for you:

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
19/20 Medial Collateral Ligament Injury Nov 15, 2019 Dec 23, 2019 38 days 8Real Madrid
19/20 Unknown Injury Nov 1, 2019 Nov 11, 2019 10 days 3Real Madrid
19/20 Calf Injury Aug 26, 2019 Sep 13, 2019 18 days 1Real Madrid
18/19 Calf Problems Apr 28, 2019 May 19, 2019 21 days 4Bayern Munich
18/19 Adductor problems Apr 18, 2019 Apr 23, 2019 5 days 1Bayern Munich
18/19 Ruptured knee ligament Nov 13, 2018 Dec 24, 2018 41 days 8Bayern Munich
18/19 Cold Oct 28, 2018 Nov 1, 2018 4 days 1Bayern Munich
18/19 Ankle problems Aug 9, 2018 Aug 22, 2018 13 days 2Bayern Munich
17/18 Calf Injury Jun 28, 2018 Jul 31, 2018 33 days -
17/18 Fitness Mar 8, 2018 Mar 8, 2018 0 days -
17/18 Calf Problems Feb 22, 2018 Mar 12, 2018 18 days 3Bayern Munich
17/18 Rest Feb 15, 2018 Feb 19, 2018 4 days 1Bayern Munich
17/18 Concussion Nov 27, 2017 Nov 30, 2017 3 days -
17/18 Back trouble Oct 23, 2017 Oct 26, 2017 3 days 1Bayern Munich
17/18 Hamstring Injury Aug 3, 2017 Aug 28, 2017 25 days 4Bayern Munich

That's not bad! Clearly had calf issues.   Other than that ok.

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Dont understand why anyone would want him, failed everywhere hes been,  bad attitude, and fitness issues, keep well away EFC

If Carlo Ancelotti wants him and has managed him twice.... then I want him.

If Carlo Ancelotti says that he wants to build a side around Lee Cattermole then Lee Cattermole it is..... 

An obvious exaggeration but you get my gist.

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Injury record is not as bad as I thought 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

That's not bad! Clearly had calf issues.   Other than that ok.

Sure, but he missed most games this season and haven't touched a ball for 2 months, currently is still injured AFAIK. 29 years old this summer, won't come cheap and will demand a massive salary. On top of that he has no premier league experience. Would be a huge gamble and I don't think he's worth the risk.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If Carlo Ancelotti wants him and has managed him twice.... then I want him.

If Carlo Ancelotti says that he wants to build a side around Lee Cattermole then Lee Cattermole it is..... 

An obvious exaggeration but you get my gist.

If Carlo puts his head in the oven so will you, yes i get your drift.

20 hours ago, Tonsta said:

If Carlo puts his head in the oven so will you, yes i get your drift.

Is this is metaphorically speaking then I’d have my head in the oven. If not it would have to off and a new Neff one. Got to trust and believe in the manager. 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

Is this is metaphorically speaking then I’d have my head in the oven. If not it would have to off and a new Neff one. Got to trust and believe in the manager. 

We have trusted and believed in the last 3 managers, Nothing wrong with an opinion of your own.

27 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Things are looking so much more positive with Ancelotti, but do we dare to believe that we will have Usmanov with us at some point, for him to be involved with negotiations with Ancelotti prior to him joining you would like to think it will happen. 

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, StevO said:

I know it’s far fetched, but I would love to see us bring in a player like him. I’d prefer Grealish. But James would really put us on the map again, like Robinho did for City. 

I think there’s better out there, younger and command less financially.

It could go well but he could easily be another Gylfi.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I think there’s better out there, younger and command less financially.

It could go well but he could easily be another Gylfi.

He could and to some extent that’s the gamble with any player, but he’s got a history with Ancelotti and that has to count for something. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

When a manager who has won the Champions League with three different clubs, including countless league titles and trophies as both player and coach wants a specific signing, then you can't really disagree.

If Carlo Ancelotti puts anyone at the top of his transfer list, then he should be signed regardless of public opinion.

agreed, wages could be a concern if he's on a free though.

• MikeO changed the title to James Rodríguez
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, StevO said:

Honestly think the wide left position for us could be made for him. He knows the role well and how Carlo want it to work. 

Thought he plays through the middle, more of an upgrade on Siggy, but unsure if he can do a 4-4-2. Would be a marquee signing thought (we're still waiting) - wonder if Yerry can have a word?

7 hours ago, Cisk said:

Thought he plays through the middle, more of an upgrade on Siggy, but unsure if he can do a 4-4-2. Would be a marquee signing thought (we're still waiting) - wonder if Yerry can have a word?

Whoever plays on the left in our 442 has to be able to play centrally. When we have the ball they move inside, when we don’t have the ball they drop back out wide. 

When Carlo had him at Bayern he also had Thiago, Vidal, Tolisso and Rudy. It looks like they played centrally between them. And Ribery, Robben, Coman and James playing the wide positions. With Levandowski and Muller up front. 
I may be wrong, but that’s how it looks. Not looked at his time with him at Real. But from Carlos book the only time he’s ever wanted to play a number ten was when he had Zidane, making an exception due to him being a ridiculous player.