IGNORED

James Rodríguez

The thing I liked most about the pass is that a lot of players in that position would have played the ball the other side of the defender. There was more space and would have been an easier ball but it would have made it a more difficult touch for Richie and he would have likely been on his left foot. James takes the hard option and puts the perfect weight on the ball for Richie to smash it home. It was a good run from him too though, they were both on exactly the same page.

The only disappointing thing in the end from James is that he didn't do a great deal for the rest of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.football24.news/soccer/108062/jens-lehmann-highlights-the-best-of-james-and-david-ospina.html

“At first he played fantastic games, but then he got injured and it was much more difficult for him. What was most difficult for him was finding the right place, but with his creativity and his danger in the rival area he always proved to be outstanding“, He said.

Lehmann, who went through English football being a great Arsenal figure, also showed that he is very up-to-date with what the Colombian midfielder is currently going through.

“Now he is playing for Everton and they have improved too much. He is a part of the team’s success. With his time at Bayern, he possibly became a different player. Now that he is in the Premier, we miss footballers like him because he is a world star full of grace“, Assured the ex-German archer.

Rodriguez had been playing less than fully fit but has missed the last three matches as Ancelotti wants him to fully recover from a calf problem which is restricting him.

It means the Colombia international will miss at least Saturday’s visit of Burnley and next weekend’s FA Cup quarter-final at home to Manchester City.

“James played well, really well, against Man United and against Liverpool but he was not 100 per cent fit,” added the Everton manager.

“We decided to give him a proper recovery and don’t let him play at 70 or 80 per cent. We have taken this decision together. The player agrees.”

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m not worried, I’m curious about your claim

Not claiming anything Matt, just a throw away comment. If I was going to directly quote people.... I would have haha. 

Honestly Think most who read that would have realised I was referring to the conversation that we are better without him. 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Not claiming anything Matt, just a throw away comment. If I was going to directly quote people.... I would have haha. 

Honestly Think most who read that would have realised I was referring to the conversation that we are better without him. 

Fair enough mate. 2 different things for me hence my confusion 🖖

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

We were without him for Chelsea and Burnley and we certainly weren’t better off! 

James is a fun one - there was some stat doing the rounds a few weeks ago - that points wise we have gained more per game when he hasn't played than when he as played. However, since I read that stat without him, the team have been trying to address this stat over the past couple of games with defeats to both Burnley and Chelsea. 

Its been very much an up and down season for him so far with us. I have missed him not being in the line up this past month or so - I would have so liked to have seen the team being built around him more, particular in the home games. 

Injury wise we have been pretty unlucky with Allan, James and now Doucoure missing a considerable chuck of games. This season could turn out a case what might have been if we could have seen more of the three of them playing together. All three signing have shown they will progress this team.  I just want to see them consistently playing together - but looks like we will have to wait till next season now - 

We have missed him especially in games were the first thought isn’t being defensive, Burnley is a good example of were we missed his quality, they are one of dozen teams that are losing more than they win, because they can’t cope with teams that take the game to them with a bit of flare and quality, we couldn’t do that which gave them the momentum to get at us, if James was available we would have seen a totally different game, but we can’t keep relying on James to be the only genuine player maker in the team, we are desperate for another James, Ancelotti will be lining up another midfielder to work with and cover for James. 

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree Palfy, I think we have a massive gaping hole when it comes to creativity in the squad. We need a few players who can create, and in different ways.

To be honest we struggle to put a few worth while passes together, I’m looking forward to the day when Gomes Iwobi and Gylfi aren’t guaranteed starters but are sat on the bench fighting to get back in the team. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t wait to see James in the flesh at Goodison. He’s been the best part of watching Everton at times this year hasn’t he?

Also, thanks Bill.  Selling to Moshiri, who hired Brands, who together hired Ancelotti, who along with Brands went and signed James on a free from Real Madrid. Top work Bill!! 😂

Sorry lads, couldn’t resist. 

21 hours ago, StevO said:

I can’t wait to see James in the flesh at Goodison. He’s been the best part of watching Everton at times this year hasn’t he?

Also, thanks Bill.  Selling to Moshiri, who hired Brands, who together hired Ancelotti, who along with Brands went and signed James on a free from Real Madrid. Top work Bill!! 😂

Sorry lads, couldn’t resist. 

Not so sure about the hiring Brands bit hes wasted loads of money on rubbish think last summers signings where down to Carlo