IGNORED

James Rodríguez

I don't understand many of the terms used when discussing positions these days: it's mostly mumbo-jumbo to me. From my perspective, I would simply say that James should have the freedom to roam in the middle, with players around him whom he can target with his sublime passes. Maybe drop Sigurdsson and move James more to that position.

I hope that plane is a single trip journey. Get the fuck out of our club. To say I'm angry is putting it mildly.

Let's not try and paint over this.... The wages we pay him to play have been spent on a private jet to take him away from club commitments. The last game of the season ...... This is a serious watershed moment for Carlo to manage.  How the fuck can any player accept any criticism for low effort or shite performances when Rodriguez has given them the biggest whataboutery wild card to use. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

You really think he's just flown off without getting the ok to do so?

We knew he wasn't going to play because "he's tired" so he wasn't in the squad..... Carlo came out and said it wasn't anything to do with the copa America.

So just to make things really unclear..... James posts a picture aboard a private jet with the Columbian flag on the tweet the day before our final game.

At best this is an unnecessary tweet.   Let's put it another way Matt.....  If you told your boss you wanted to go home cos you were shattered and your workmates had a last day of the project to deliver..... Would you be posting a picture of yourself lying back for them to see???

We clearly struggle with a lack of commitment from the players as we have seen many times this season.  This is a fucking joke. 

Carlo said in the pre match press conference he still isn’t fit, he’ll miss the game, so they have let him head off for his summer break now. 
They also let Gbamin head home a couple of weeks ago. 
Really not an issue at all. 

This whole tired thing has been blown over. Carlo never even said tired. He said fatigue before the Wolves game, and he clarified in the last conference it’s fatigue in his calf which had been injured, saying the calf injury hasn’t healed.
Don’t know why anyone would think one of the most decorated managers in history, who has handled some of the biggest names ever to play the game, would just let someone not play for being tired. Apply a little logic. 

Taken from the last press conference on the club website…

Ancelotti said: "James Rodriguez is unfortunately not available for this game. He has not recovered from the problem with his calf. Unfortunately he did not finish the season well. Now he will be focused to prepare for the Copa America with his national team. I hope to have him back next season at his best.

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Didnt know he had a kid back in Colombia. I didn’t see my daughter on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, that was hard enough. 

I was a bit disappointed he didn't take part in the lap of honour after the Wolves game, but am I bothered by him going home early? Am I like shite. He's injured so has taken the opportunity to go home a bit earlier to see family. You'd bet your arse each and every one of us would do the same.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was a bit disappointed he didn't take part in the lap of honour after the Wolves game, but am I bothered by him going home early? Am I like shite. He's injured so has taken the opportunity to go home a bit earlier to see family. You'd bet your arse each and every one of us would do the same.

I’m more disappointed he wasn’t on the pitch, was looking forward to it from the minute I got the ticket. Was he at the game? I’d imagine they don’t take the full squad with the Covid rules and all that. 
I don’t see the issue. I hope wherever he is he watches the game, and cares about the result. 
Just come back fit and ready after the summer. Because at the start of last season when he was fit I thought the guy was amazing and I want to see more of it!

Seriously lads. There is a time and place for certain things.

Ancellotti had to tell the media he wasn't playing as he was fatigued.  

Why the fuck is he posting a picture of him aboard a private jet the day before our final game?  Just fucking go and do it quietly.  Ah no ..... He has to earn £££ for his social media shite.

Regarding his daughter - he's been in Europe for past 7 years at least. He's been on international duty.  Let's not get all sentimental... He could have left real and joined a Colombian side if that was the important factor.  I miss my kids after a few hours never mind days or longer.

It's a lack of tact and sadly when you see the lack of commitment from players in our side and us saying something is culturally wrong in our club - this is an example. 

The shit Iwobi got last year for his pic.... That was after the season finished. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Seriously lads. There is a time and place for certain things.

Ancellotti had to tell the media he wasn't playing as he was fatigued.  

Why the fuck is he posting a picture of him aboard a private jet the day before our final game?  Just fucking go and do it quietly.  Ah no ..... He has to earn £££ for his social media shite.

Regarding his daughter - he's been in Europe for past 7 years at least. He's been on international duty.  Let's not get all sentimental... He could have left real and joined a Colombian side if that was the important factor.  I miss my kids after a few hours never mind days or longer.

It's a lack of tact and sadly when you see the lack of commitment from players in our side and us saying something is culturally wrong in our club - this is an example. 

The shit Iwobi got last year for his pic.... That was after the season finished. 

Ancelotti has clearly stated what he meant by fatigue, his calf was still injured, and he clearly didn’t mean he was tired. But everyone will just jump on this idea that he didn’t play because he was tired. 

The difference in the last year than the other seven when James has been in Europe is that he couldn’t have his family visit as the whole world was on its arse! We will have other players with the same situation, no doubt. 

Don’t care if Iwobi fly’s on a private jet either. If I could afford it I would too. 

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

Ancelotti has clearly stated what he meant by fatigue, his calf was still injured, and he clearly didn’t mean he was tired. But everyone will just jump on this idea that he didn’t play because he was tired. 

The difference in the last year than the other seven when James has been in Europe is that he couldn’t have his family visit as the whole world was on its arse! We will have other players with the same situation, no doubt. 

Don’t care if Iwobi fly’s on a private jet either. If I could afford it I would too. 

I don't give a fuck if it's injury tiredness or whatever.  Don't be publishing photos on a private jet when your team mates are getting ready for last critical game of the season 

It takes the fucking piss. Get on the plane and go..... Don't be giving it the big one whilst your teammates are prepping for their last game - who see you as a game changer and top earner 

Most of you on here question as to why the players don't look interested - let it spoil your Saturdays. .... This is the sort of culture which is evident and why you see us look half arsed. 

I think the worst thing in this was the communication by the club. I don’t think the first the fans should hear of it is a photo on social media accompanied by a few words. I was disappointed that he wasn’t at GP (even just to do lap of honour) last week to see the fans that had waited all season. There might be a reason for this eg. Covid rules etc but if that’s the case then this should also have been communicated. They’ve not helped the player imo here and this surely would have been anticipated. 

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Good to see easyJet have upped their game.

I don't begrudge him the luxury his talents have earned - this just smacks of appalling tact.

The final whistle of the season hasn't even been blown and he's self promoting himself flying home in spite of being paid mega money by a club  that he's not playing for.

I see Peter Reid replied to the tweet with a pissed off emoji.

He could have waited a day or even just not published this. It shows lack of awareness and potentially pisses off his team mates.

He gets enough concessions with his economic responsibilities on the pitch...sadly too many Everton fans are far too high about having James Rodriguez play for us to see this as it should be seen.

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't give a fuck if it's injury tiredness or whatever.  Don't be publishing photos on a private jet when your team mates are getting ready for last critical game of the season 

It takes the fucking piss. Get on the plane and go..... Don't be giving it the big one whilst your teammates are prepping for their last game - who see you as a game changer and top earner 

Most of you on here question as to why the players don't look interested - let it spoil your Saturdays. .... This is the sort of culture which is evident and why you see us look half arsed. 

They spoil my Saturdays on the pitch, not off it. 

25 minutes ago, barryj said:

I think the worst thing in this was the communication by the club. I don’t think the first the fans should hear of it is a photo on social media accompanied by a few words. I was disappointed that he wasn’t at GP (even just to do lap of honour) last week to see the fans that had waited all season. There might be a reason for this eg. Covid rules etc but if that’s the case then this should also have been communicated. They’ve not helped the player imo here and this surely would have been anticipated. 

Carlo said he was allowed to leave in a press conference this week. Before the flight photos. But why should they have to tell us what the players are doing away from the pitch? He’s been allowed to go on his break early because he is injured. So was Gbamin. I don’t see why it’s an issue. 

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He could have waited a day or even just not published this. It shows lack of awareness and potentially pisses off his team mates.

You really think his team mates will give the slightest fuck about this? They’ll be disappointed he’s not fit to play, that’s about it. The rest of them will be on their private jets tomorrow, probably a few tonight. Wouldn’t surprise me if any went straight from the game to the airport today. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Carlo said he was allowed to leave in a press conference this week. Before the flight photos. But why should they have to tell us what the players are doing away from the pitch? He’s been allowed to go on his break early because he is injured. So was Gbamin. I don’t see why it’s an issue. 

To protect the players from fans like Haf.

I get the reasons why he might have gone but I am a little disappointed in him as well. 

He is one of the most experienced players in the squad, he is surely someone all the younger lads look up to, if not the older ones too. Today is a big game and I would have hoped that he would have wanted to be there, in the dressing room with the lads. 

In fairness again, I dont know if he can be with the Covid regs but then at the very least, give the lads a few words of support on social media instead. 

23 minutes ago, StevO said:

For me it’s not an issue just as long as they have set up on going physio treatment agreed with the club at there destinations, these two players have spent more time not playing because of injuries than playing. Personally I wouldn’t be allowing them to go anywhere I’d have them completing intensive physio programs to make sure there was no excuse with next season, especially James with his reoccurring injury also Delph and Mina would be in that bracket. As Paddy McGuiness would say no playie no going awayie. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I get the reasons why he might have gone but I am a little disappointed in him as well. 

He is one of the most experienced players in the squad, he is surely someone all the younger lads look up to, if not the older ones too. Today is a big game and I would have hoped that he would have wanted to be there, in the dressing room with the lads. 

In fairness again, I dont know if he can be with the Covid regs but then at the very least, give the lads a few words of support on social media instead. 

That is the most considered view.  Thought I'd reply to this topic as the second goal flies in. 

Unfortunately, as good as James looked as a signing at the front end of the season, he has looked very much a poor signing at the back end. Our season to a degree, has somewhat mirrored James's enthusiasm (or at least seems that way). He was a signing we had to make given how the deal was put together, it looked a master stroke for the first dozen games, but since Xmas has looked like many of the recent signings before him - well paid, but not really up for the fight and maybe here for the wrong reasons - he may have been a commercial hit for the club, so maybe not the same financial burden as others before him. However, a lack lustre culture at the club is something we are trying to dump, and as gifted as he is when on form, unfortunately his commitment seems to be far removed from what most of us expect of any player.

The stories around the New Year of him not really liking it in the UK (similar to not liking it in Germany) would appear to be true (not seen anything since this story to suggest he is enjoying his football!!). It quite embarrassing that he didn't play in the Wolves game because he was tired - I would have pissed myself reading that of another teams star player. What does that say to the rest of the squad when the 'headline' player is afforded this. As much as I have wax lyricaled about some of James's performance this season - I don't think he is the role model we currently need in this squad as the moment in time.

If we are calling other out for not having the fight or desire to play, or that are unhappy players should move on, then James has to be near the top of that list - In this department you just can't have one rule for one and one rule for others. James's at this moment in time  is somebody who is letting Ancelotti down. As much as we here about the James/Ancelotti relationship I am not convinced that if you also then throw being locked up in the UK, our weather and cut and thrust of the Premiership into the mix the limits of this relationship can't be stretched.

I don't think there has been enough from James this season that I feel is worth Ancelotti pretty much betting his future at Everton upon. If Ancelotti sticks with James, then he has to improve on what he has brought to the team next season, and I don't personally think he has the drive an fight in him to do this.

Something I have also noted is that the number of games that James has turned out of us this season seems quite small, but the worry part is that if you look at his career stats - his turn out in the league this season has been about average for him over his career. This is a stat is one I don't think he is going to improve on over the next couple of seasons as he gets older.  

I don't think the positives are enough to outweigh the negatives when it comes to James.