IGNORED

James Rodríguez

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

There are no guarantees in football.  He has come here specifically to play for ancellotti - a player of his calibre does not sign for Everton in our current team status.  In fact not many players would want to play for us.

If he has a great season, I see him signing. Why go elsewhere? 

That’s how I feel, as long as he can stay injury free everything else is set up for him to have a successful time here. A manager who he respects and plays to his strengths, a guaranteed starting place, and once you’ve been touched by people’s club you find it hard to leave. 

Although he will get a decent enough basic salary, salaries can also be topped up with bonses for appearances, goals, assists, getting in to europe etc. I am sure these sorts of things can more easily be negotiated in to the package for a player who seems to really want to come here.

My gut feeling is that Rodrigeze whats to come to Everton for footballing reasons and not becasue we are simply waving a exessive salary in front of him. This is key to my enthusiasum for him coming. 

I think he will come with a hunger in his football. So i am very excited by the prospect of him wearing a blue shirt. I think players around him will also be motivated by the addition of such a player.  

18 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Although he will get a decent enough basic salary, salaries can also be topped up with bonses for appearances, goals, assists, getting in to europe etc. I am sure these sorts of things can more easily be negotiated in to the package for a player who seems to really want to come here.

My gut feeling is that Rodrigeze whats to come to Everton for footballing reasons and not becasue we are simply waving a exessive salary in front of him. This is key to my enthusiasum for him coming. 

I think he will come with a hunger in his football. So i am very excited by the prospect of him wearing a blue shirt. I think players around him will also be motivated by the addition of such a player.  

Like I've said elsewhere, having players of his technical capability on the training field will put a lens on how technically shite many of our players are in terms of passing and retaining the ball.  

The culture of our play starts on the training pitch.  By all accounts he's quite an intense footballer, he will hopefully enhance all areas. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Like I've said elsewhere, having players of his technical capability on the training field will put a lens on how technically shite many of our players are in terms of passing and retaining the ball.  

The culture of our play starts on the training pitch.  By all accounts he's quite an intense footballer, he will hopefully enhance all areas. 

Haf, I find myself embarrassed watching us play and seeing how bad we are with the ball.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

There are no guarantees in football.  He has come here specifically to play for ancellotti - a player of his calibre does not sign for Everton in our current team status.  In fact not many players would want to play for us.

If he has a great season, I see him signing. Why go elsewhere? 

Exactly, this is why I have been arguing for a loan deal.

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Haf, I find myself embarrassed watching us play and seeing how bad we are with the ball.

Shocking at times, it's as though most of them think a one touch pass that goes nowhere gets a 10/10 for effort, so they do that rather than take a touch.

I've been reading some fans saying "better players will get the best from gylfi and Gomes"......  my thoughts are sod them, at a time when they were our best technical players - they hid, allowed Tom Davies to try things and evidently carry the can for stray passes etc.

It's about attitude as much as aptitude.  We've had far too many cowards. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

The one pinch of salt with this is how he then translates those stats in playing for Everton. Its all well and good creating and scoring bucket loads in a team full of stars but its a different kettle of fish when you have Gomes or Davies misplacing a 10 yard pass in your general direction

Completely agree. Im not expecting those numbers here but not many in world football have a return like that. Really excited but trying not to expect too much. 

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Reports are currently saying €25m or £22.4m. Would have thought it would have been less, Real Madrid clearly getting a good deal. Others I've read have said he will be our highest paid player on £150k a week. 

Personally I expect that if he does sign he will be on a lot more than 150k a week or that it will be significantly topped up by very basic bonuses. 

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

Reports are currently saying €25m or £22.4m. Would have thought it would have been less, Real Madrid clearly getting a good deal. Others I've read have said he will be our highest paid player on £150k a week. 

Papertalk - I don't think we will have to part with that much for him. We are in quite a strong position, think the plaher now has his heart set on playing under ancelloti again. bit like Spurs where with hojberg. 

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Papertalk - I don't think we will have to part with that much for him. We are in quite a strong position, think the plaher now has his heart set on playing under ancelloti again. bit like Spurs where with hojberg. 

Exactly, i dont think Madrid are silly enough to keep him for another season on his wages plus lose him for nothing next season. Under 10 is a steal. He will bring a massive commercial that will help with what ever we pay him. 
I think we put Bernard on 120,000 a week, id expect James to be on at least that.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Doubt it. Think it’ll be the other way around. 

Apparently he is on about £280k a week at Madrid. He will definitely become our highest paid player and if Siggy/Bernard are on £120-150k per week he will better them. Plus if he is losing out on his weekly wage we will be making it up somewhere else.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Apparently he is on about £280k a week at Madrid. He will definitely become our highest paid player and if Siggy/Bernard are on £120-150k per week he will better them. Plus if he is losing out on his weekly wage we will be making it up somewhere else.

Ive seen it at about 200k a week but who really knows? I doubt very much we would be willing to pay him that. It is rare however you see a player wanting to take so much of a wage cut. He must really want to get his career back on track and/or play under Carlo again. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Reading these comments, we are real suckers paying that much per week for Sigurdsson and Bernard. They’re worth half that. 

Bernard came on a free so no initial outlay. Gylfi was the marquee signing. Think Schneiderlin was on around 120k too

I’m still traumatised by the whole ‘Muller is flying to Goodison in a helicopter to finalise his contract’ in 1994.

So I will never believe that we have signed a high profile player again. The only proof I will accept that we have signed them is that we have transfer listed them.