• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello from Colombia.. I leave my creation in honor of  King James and the club. Everton win the premiere league this season..certified.  

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-james-rodriguez-plans-18895190   Very encouraging that it appears like the marketing boys are on to this already

Latest report (i know to take any report with a pich of salt!!) is that he is willing to take a pay cut to get a help facilitate a move to Eveeton. Now if that is true it is a massive difference to so

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Articles circulating that we didn’t even pay a fee for Rodríguez. Fantastic business if so. Think he’s going to bring the whole squad up another level.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8717445/Everton-signed-James-Rodriguez-FREE-Real-Madrid-share-future-transfer-fee.html

I was checking out his pecs and shoulders in his interview ... The blokes a unit.  Looks like good 14 stone player who can shift and run all day. 

I need to watch some ladies beach volley ball or something..... spent 90 minutes developing man crushes

Sorry.... Just realised this is the Rodriguez thread.... Was talking about Doucoure.  James is my svelte silky left pegged sweetheart

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Stunned by the quality of his play and the way he was able to fit into the team so effortlessly.

So much joy watching him in this team, genuinely counting down to the next match.

Effortless, he’s 2/3 steps ahead no doubt if he stays fit he’ll be double figures in assists 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Couldn’t wait to see him. Now.... fuck me what a player!
I was really expecting him to be a little light weight... but damn he isn’t is he! 

If this is what we call an introduction, the. This guy is going to take the prem by storm.

I thought he might be lightweight or a bit timid up against Davies but he was more than up for the fight both in terms of attitude and physically. 

Very impressed when he’s up to speed he’s going to be a right handful, I just hope DCL and Richarlison can get onto his wavelength so his best isn’t wasted if you know what I mean. 
I don’t think we are going to see him helping the defence out to much, but then why would you when you can use your energy hurting teams going forward the way he does. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Very impressed when he’s up to speed he’s going to be a right handful, I just hope DCL and Richarlison can get onto his wavelength so his best isn’t wasted if you know what I mean. 
I don’t think we are going to see him helping the defence out to much, but then why would you when you can use your energy hurting teams going forward the way he does. 

That’s the thing. This midfield has had no time together. It’s exciting to think about where they will be in a couple of months when they start to really understand each other’s games

10 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

the five chances he created in the game are the most by any player making their Premiership debut since Alexi Sanchez for Arsenal in 2014!! and the most by any Everton player in two years!! :D. I just can't wait for him to get his eye in!!!! 

Don't think the Premiership is going to phase him!! 

He was up for it, this whole thing about him not defending - I didn’t see any evidence of that. It’s easy to jump in the bandwagon because of reputation but he was sliding around and cutting passing lanes. He won’t be like richarlison, all energy getting back and getting a foot in but he is smart.

Best part for me was when he was on the end of a kick and went down and there was about 4 Everton players there instantly. Teams won’t bully us. I also wouldn’t lay a finger on James if Mina is on the pitch, asking for trouble that!

8 hours ago, Btay said:

He was up for it, this whole thing about him not defending - I didn’t see any evidence of that. It’s easy to jump in the bandwagon because of reputation but he was sliding around and cutting passing lanes. He won’t be like richarlison, all energy getting back and getting a foot in but he is smart.

Best part for me was when he was on the end of a kick and went down and there was about 4 Everton players there instantly. Teams won’t bully us. I also wouldn’t lay a finger on James if Mina is on the pitch, asking for trouble that!

I was coming in here to specifically say that his work rate defensively was a pleasant surprise. He doesn't do it all the time, and I don't want him to because he's a silky, sexy bastard going forward, but when he needs to he does the graft as well.

Moshiri has wanted a superstar signing, a proper marquee player... well, he's got it in James Rodriguez.

Rodriguez is 40/1 shot to be PFA Player of the year.

When was the last time we had a player in the squad that genuinely has enough quality to potential be one of the best players Premiership. He's already won a fair few 'best player' awards so there is not doubt he's a bono fida baller, and if we build the team and our play around him this season .......  he might really shine, the early signs of him taking to the Premiership are good. 

Might be worth a £25 punt :) 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

I wonder how many in the states watched?

Do we have some large Colombian population I didn’t know about?  Why would he increase our profile over here?  Getting an American (like Tim Howard) is the way to increase the profile.  We had Wayne Rooney and it wasn’t even a blip over here.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Think they have to pay extra for EPL games now, or i may have misread a tweet. 

It’s the same as sky, we are at the mercy of the broadcaster as to whether we see the toffees or not.  

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Just wondered if Jame's signing has given us a higher profile in the USA?

See above.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Coke cans are also available there in blue with the Everton badge on!

Now that is awesome!  

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Mark don’t you think the Latin American football fans would have an interest in James? Or are they strictly only interested in their own country of heritage? 
The money spent in Miami might have been a waste. 

It was a floating billboard. Not exactly breaking the bank. 

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

It was a floating billboard. Not exactly breaking the bank. 

But if they didn’t think the Latin population of Miami would be interested then why would they do it?

Any why look at opening an office in Miami or south Cali all of a sudden? Now we have lots of South American players?

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

But if they didn’t think the Latin population of Miami would be interested then why would they do it?

Any why look at opening an office in Miami or south Cali all of a sudden? Now we have lots of South American players?

My point was that it was not a major expense at all. I would be surprised if there is a major city in the United States that has more Colombians than Miami but even if there is it remains one of the best places you could advertise in that market to spanish speakers. The club estimates that with the signing of Rodríguez and the marketing push they reached 400 million people. Let’s halve that to be safe and call it 200 million. I would guess that amount of exposure is worth far more than whatever they spent. 

19 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

My point was that it was not a major expense at all. I would be surprised if there is a major city in the United States that has more Colombians than Miami but even if there is it remains one of the best places you could advertise in that market to spanish speakers. The club estimates that with the signing of Rodríguez and the marketing push they reached 400 million people. Let’s halve that to be safe and call it 200 million. I would guess that amount of exposure is worth far more than whatever they spent. 

I don’t think Steve meant financial waste. 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

Mark don’t you think the Latin American football fans would have an interest in James? Or are they strictly only interested in their own country of heritage? 
The money spent in Miami might have been a waste. 

They are very tribal.  They root for their own countries.  My Mexican friends don’t care about James, they loved Chicarito and now Jimenez and Lozano and the like.  I had Argentinian friends, Costa Rican, etc.. think of central and South America like you do Africa.  Do Ghanaians care about Pienaar?  No.  Do Moroccans care about mahrez?  No.  South America is a continent not a country.  

also the US definitely has Colombians living here but nothing like the Central Americans (Mexico Guatemala Costa Rica El Salvador panama etc) population.  

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Why would they put his face up in Times Square?

Probably trying to make a statement that’s all.  Times Square has a million billboards, it’s not as big a deal as one would think.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

They are very tribal.  They root for their own countries.  My Mexican friends don’t care about James, they loved Chicarito and now Jimenez and Lozano and the like.  I had Argentinian friends, Costa Rican, etc.. think of central and South America like you do Africa.  Do Ghanaians care about Pienaar?  No.  Do Moroccans care about mahrez?  No.  South America is a continent not a country.  

also the US definitely has Colombians living here but nothing like the Central Americans (Mexico Guatemala Costa Rica El Salvador panama etc) population.  

Probably trying to make a statement that’s all.  Times Square has a million billboards, it’s not as big a deal as one would think.

Just maybe they looked at his 95 million social media followers and found that the densest area’s of followers were in the east and west coasts of the USA 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Free transfer and 77k a week apparently. Money absolutely well spent. 

19 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Just watched his touches video on the Everton YouTube account. His awareness is simply amazing. 

It was his confidence and the fear he inspired that I liked most. I thought he’d get a kicking and back down, but he didn’t. He’s not 100% match fit but he didn’t need to be with Doucoure, Allan and especially Coleman covering for him. Apart from fitness, you’d never know he’d been a sideline player for a long period. 

all that said, I do remember saying and thinking the same about Gomes (that’s not a dig at the player). Difference is that this time, James has an actual team around him

Just now, Matt said:

It was his confidence and the fear he inspired that I liked most. I thought he’d get a kicking and back down, but he didn’t. He’s not 100% match fit but he didn’t need to be with Doucoure, Allan and especially Coleman covering for him. Apart from fitness, you’d never know he’d been a sideline player for a long period. 

all that said, I do remember saying and thinking the same about Gomes (that’s not a dig at the player). Difference is that this time, James has an actual team around him

100%. You can tell he knows he's a good player. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

You are definitely right about Coleman covering for him, there was even a moment on the pitch where Rodriguez acknowledges Coleman for his work rate, great to see that proves he’s not a big time Charlie but a team player.