36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whilst the virtues of prime Troy Deeney were discussed on here akin to what DCL does for us... It's James Rodriguez Keys is saying we should have got instead.    James is probably the most intelligent player I've seen play for us, his touch and technical ability and vision is ridiculous.

I didn't think he would be this good, I knew he would be good but not this good so quickly. 

Agreed. Can’t wait for him to get up to full speed

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello from Colombia.. I leave my creation in honor of  King James and the club. Everton win the premiere league this season..certified.  

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-james-rodriguez-plans-18895190   Very encouraging that it appears like the marketing boys are on to this already

I understand the sentiment but flaky supporters buy kits too. If we want to grow into a club that can compete with the biggest fish expanding our fan base is a big part of it. Exposure matters. I only

Posted Images

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54328590

Not that I hold Garth Crooks in any particular high regard, but Rodrigez has made it in to all three of his 'team of the week' picks so far this season. Not just us Evertonians drooling over his performances :) 

What is he going to be like when he actually gets use to his team mates and the cut and thrust of the Premier league!! 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54328590

Not that I hold Garth Crooks in any particular high regard, but Rodrigez has made it in to all three of his 'team of the week' picks so far this season. Not just us Evertonians drooling over his performances :) 

What is he going to be like when he actually gets use to his team mates and the cut and thrust of the Premier league!! 

I’m not sure he needs to get used to anything. He looks to me like it doesn’t matter where he is playing football, he is just at a level that the game is easy and it’s all at his pace. If he does somehow get better, I don’t think I can handle that. 😍

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not sure he needs to get used to anything. He looks to me like it doesn’t matter where he is playing football, he is just at a level that the game is easy and it’s all at his pace. If he does somehow get better, I don’t think I can handle that. 😍

I’d like his pace to pick up a little, though that will come with time

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I know, I just can't get my head around how a complete new midfield four of Allan, Dacoure, Gomes and Rodriquez with not one pairing ever having played together have just slotted in together and it works. It difficult enough bringing one or two player in to the heart of a team. I was expecting a few 'horror show' collective midfield performances to start with given the extent of the changes made - but it almost the opposite. As the 'luxury' player I was expecting Rodriguez to maybe suffer the most in a completely new midfield - but no that does not seem to be happening. 

I suppose we just not used to seeing real quality coming to the club - as you said a player of such ability, it doesn't really where he plays football - just give him the ball and he is just oozes quality with it. 

But less than a month in, this midfield is only going to get better once they get to know each others and the rest of the teams game.

Massive credit to Ancelotti and then the board for backing these transfers.  

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Pace? I’ve never seen him do anything other than walk with the ball! I move quicker playing golf. 😂

He just seems to walk around the pitch doing magical things. I love the slow bastard!

You like him now, tell the missus that your #10 James sock is going to get a lot more of attention 

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

Absolutely superb in the second half. One special special player 

Amazing to have a player who doesn't react to a press by panicking and unloading to the nearest player. His composure on the ball is outrageous, like Iniesta... Opponents seem in awe of him, they squeeze him and he finds a teammate in space and then they are out of shape.  The look on their faces.

It will get to the stage where they don't press him, retain shape and mark the passing options. 

I was panicking that last 20 minutes whenever he had the ball and had players snapping around him.  just wanted him to get rid so they'd keep away from him!

ran the game brilliantly, hopefully Richarilson isn't out long because he is such a good outlet for James with his running down the wing

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Amazing to have a player who doesn't react to a press by panicking and unloading to the nearest player. His composure on the ball is outrageous, like Iniesta... Opponents seem in awe of him, they squeeze him and he finds a teammate in space and then they are out of shape.  The look on their faces.

It will get to the stage where they don't press him, retain shape and mark the passing options. 

He reminds me of the old PlayStation games when you’d have the ball and just dribble over the pitch with the ball stuck to your feet easing around the opposition. He just flows like water round whatever is in the way. Gomes can do that too but James is menacing with it.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

It's the free part that still gets me. An unbelievable bit of business done by Brands and the entire team that got this one done. Quickly building a reputation and legacy that will hopefully last for a very long time. And the JOY that is on his face when the team scores. You can just tell this is the first time he's really enjoyed playing in quite some time. 

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's the free part that still gets me. An unbelievable bit of business done by Brands and the entire team that got this one done. Quickly building a reputation and legacy that will hopefully last for a very long time. And the JOY that is on his face when the team scores. You can just tell this is the first time he's really enjoyed playing in quite some time. 

yeah i was gonna say this too, you can tell he is enjoying being with a manager that appreciates him, and being the top dog here. he doesn't back down from it, he's calling players out, telling them where he wants them, and he always wants the ball.  sometimes he can act like a spoiled child (throws up hands when someone makes a bad run) but on the whole very impressed with him.

On 08/10/2020 at 13:26, SpartyBlue said:

North America is a good idea but it’s an absolute must we have some friendlies in South America while James is with us.

On 08/10/2020 at 13:34, markjazzbassist said:

article said friendlies in both americas, so we're good :)  

Looks as though our footprint in South America is growing by the day, an official partnership with Everton which should be really beneficial commercially. 

Hopefully we can send the kids over to have them take part in a friendly on the Starting XI's behalf next summer. 

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

something is better than nothing but they are a small club in chile, and James is from colombia.  like trying to woo ronaldo by getting links with real sociedad or something.  not really applicable.  but nice to see them doing something positive!

That's not the point of the partnership though, we're not looking to sign players that have already established themselves, we will be looking at kids who have the potential to be the next James Rodriguez. 

We will literally be scouting at South American soccer schools (ages 5-16?) along with looking at the young talent that is on the fringes of the Chilean league and signing them for buttons - we'll have first refusal on all Everton Mar departures and will more than likely have a set compensation fee so that negations are pretty much non existent. 

In return, Everton Mar get some of our pocket money annually which helps them ticking over in what is a financially poor league. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

That's not the point of the partnership though, we're not looking to sign players that have already established themselves, we will be looking at kids who have the potential to be the next James Rodriguez. 

We will literally be scouting at South American soccer schools (ages 5-16?) along with looking at the young talent that is on the fringes of the Chilean league and signing them for buttons - we'll have first refusal on all Everton Mar departures and will more than likely have a set compensation fee so that negations are pretty much non existent. 

In return, Everton Mar get some of our pocket money annually which helps them ticking over in what is a financially poor league. 

Has an Everton mar player ever made the premier league?  Have they made any major league for that matter?  Wouldn’t it make more sense to partner with a top club in Brazil where they churn out quality?  Not trying to be negative, I think the Everton/Everton is clever and cool from a club and commercial perspective.  But I’m not expecting anything player wise from them.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Has an Everton mar player ever made the premier league?  Have they made any major league for that matter?  Wouldn’t it make more sense to partner with a top club in Brazil where they churn out quality?  Not trying to be negative, I think the Everton/Everton is clever and cool from a club and commercial perspective.  But I’m not expecting anything player wise from them.

This club has class not everything it does is done solely for profit or gain, we are there supporting their community through football, and if something else comes from that then that’s a bonus, not the be all and end all. 

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Why would Flamengo or Santos want to tie themselves into a partnership with a single club when they know full well that they will have Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus, PSG etc all creating bidding wars for their players and driving their prices up? 

It would be a ludicrous business decision. Everton Mar on the other hand are more than grateful for the partnership and it gives us a foot in door to them, the Chilean Division and the entire country. 

43 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This club has class not everything it does is done solely for profit or gain, we are there supporting their community through football, and if something else comes from that then that’s a bonus, not the be all and end all. 

yes and i am all for this.  i was speaking to the people who are saying this will benefit us in a sporting way, i don't see that ever happening.  it's more an EITC thing (which i love and support) than a sporting thing IMO.