IGNORED

Emmanuel Dennis

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

But is he better than DCL in 1v1's?

To connect this to the DCL debate, he has more goals this past season created on his own than Dominic does in his career for us. Powerful player. Iā€™d be a little surprised if he goes for a price we can afford.

4 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

To connect this to the DCL debate, he has more goals this past season created on his own than Dominic does in his career for us. Powerful player. Iā€™d be a little surprised if he goes for a price we can afford.

If the rumours are to be believed then he's not going to cost much at all.

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

Strange to me. He came in without much fanfare but he had a great return for not having any league experience. Whatā€™s not much, 20m?

Around that, yeah, which is probably why we're so interested.

These are the moves we need to be making. Young and isn't costing the earth, so either has plenty of room to grow with us or we have a good chance of making money on him in a couple of years.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Sounds like a true winger :lol:

šŸ˜‚ I know he does, but if youā€™re watching a highlight reel youā€™d expect to see the things he tries actually working. Iā€™ve seen loads of him getting tackles or giving the ball away. If thatā€™s the highlights itā€™s a poor show. I actually like some of what I saw, just weird I guess.Ā 

There is no doubt that he is a quality footballer but its just his attitude.Ā 

He has a history of a poor attitude and his form tailed off a lot in the second half of the season culminating in him not even being in the squad for the last 3 games.Ā 

Watford took a gamble and it will pay off for them. Whoever buys him next will expose themselves to a lot more risk.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has a history of a poor attitude and his form tailed off a lot in the second half of the season culminating in him not even being in the squad for the last 3 games.Ā 

Watford took a gamble and it will pay off for them. Whoever buys him next will expose themselves to a lot more risk.Ā 

https://luorns.substack.com/p/put-some-damn-respect-on-emmanuel?sd=pf

Ā 

lou Orns is a proven itk for Watford, contacts with players and has a very balanced twitter account. Ā Itā€™s a good read, I think Dennis is a smart signing.Ā 

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Same thing could have been said of Richarlison except he was less productive and cost much more.Ā 
Ā 

We are in a position where we just arenā€™t going to find quality players without taking chances. They are going to be unproven, cast-offs, injury risks..something. We canā€™t afford the finished product. I donā€™t know if Dennis is the answer but heā€™s the type of guy we will be going for. Gray, Ali, Dennis all fit that type.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Around that, yeah, which is probably why we're so interested.

These are the moves we need to be making. Young and isn't costing the earth, so either has plenty of room to grow with us or we have a good chance of making money on him in a couple of years.

Correct

14 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Same thing could have been said of Richarlison except he was less productive and cost much more.Ā 
Ā 

We are in a position where we just arenā€™t going to find quality players without taking chances. They are going to be unproven, cast-offs, injury risks..something. We canā€™t afford the finished product. I donā€™t know if Dennis is the answer but heā€™s the type of guy we will be going for. Gray, Ali, Dennis all fit that type.

Richarlison was known for being a bit stroppy but this guy has had issues at most of the clubs he has been to, for one reason or another. I am not saying some of those reasons might not be justified or explainable but the little I saw of him at the end of his time at Watford was of a player that didn't really get involved. Compare that to what Richarlison did for us and I think you are talking about two completely contrasting characters.

I think he has a hell of a lot of positives if you can get him on the pitch and get him motivated so it may well be worth the risk, but I just think back to the slagging off the likes of Iwobi, Gomes, Digne, Dom etc all get for not being totally committed and then everyone wants to go back to the well with a guy that has strongly suggested issues with temperament in the past. When things go crap, is he going to be running through those brick walls that this fan base demands?