IGNORED

Brighton (Home) Saturday January 11th

markjazzbassist

Just now, Wiggytop said:

We’re all hoping that our current manager  has far more ability to motivate the players and this doesn’t happen.

this and that now that he's seen all the players play he will make a lineup full of players that will give their all.  i'm going to ammend my lineup to the below.  Delph because i'd rather see him than gylfi or morgan.  Digne because he gets a week of rest and a chance to have bernard play with him again.  gordon because sidibe isn't a RM and i don't want to see walcott.

pickford

coleman Holgate Mina Digne

gordon davies delph bernard

Richarlison DCL

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I think it is without doubt that DCL and Richarlison should start up front and that Bernard should therefore start on the left. 

holgate mina and coleman the only other "must haves".  davies by default since the rest of the MF is garbage.  the rough spot is the RM spot.  walcott/sidibe aren't the answer, we need someone there.

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

holgate mina and coleman the only other "must haves".  davies by default since the rest of the MF is garbage.  the rough spot is the RM spot.  walcott/sidibe aren't the answer, we need someone there.

Would so much rather have Sidibe there. His work rate is better than Walcott's and we've seen he can put a quality ball into the box

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

First two yes, I'd maybe have Sidibe over Coleman but I'm not fussed by either and Davies is as average as the rest. 

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Would so much rather have Sidibe there. His work rate is better than Walcott's and we've seen he can put a quality ball into the box

Sidibe just shouldn't be played on the right. He might be able to cross but he is completely lost and doesn't know what he is doing there. I think I would rather have Siggy just whipping in balls from the half way line. If we can play Davies in an inside left, why the hell aren't we playing the guy that made a career out of it? 

Otherwise fuck it let's play Gordon. What have we got to lose. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

No to Sidibe being there. Round pegs, Square holes. He chases the ball around the pitch like primary school children. He really doesn’t help the shape. He gets noticed and get some plaudits on here because he does make challenges and ends up in unusual positions but the loss of our shape that he contributes to has far worse consequences. 

Pickford

sidibe   Holgate Mina   Digne 

Richarlison Davies Delph Bernard 

Kean       DCL

Sidibe in because I expect us to attack 

Richarlison off at half time/60 because looks wrecked for Gordon.

Bernard to link up with Digne.

Delph because there’s no one else.

Pickford

Sidibe   Holgate Mina   Baines 

Gordon Davies Delph Bernard 

Kean       DCL

Richarlison needs a rest so I'd put Gordon on the right.

If Ancelotti wants rid of players like Keane, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin then they shouldn't be on the bench; Gibson/Feeney, Adeniran and Baningime should be taking those places as they would at least be hungry to impress when they get their chance.

On 06/01/2020 at 23:53, barryj said:

No to Sidibe being there. Round pegs, Square holes. He chases the ball around the pitch like primary school children. He really doesn’t help the shape. He gets noticed and get some plaudits on here because he does make challenges and ends up in unusual positions but the loss of our shape that he contributes to has far worse consequences. 

Gana did the same thing yet people liked him because of his stats most tackles most interceptions end of his stats, Sidibe stats most tackles most interceptions, near the top for passes completed near the top for goal assists what’s not to like, Gana wasn’t close on those last 2. 
Food for thought. 

Need a big reaction here. The Liverpool game is still lingering, and will be for a long time yet I think. A number of players - I mean, repeat offenders - showed a real lack of care in that game. And I hope that between Dunc and Carlo, they have said players sussed out.

The fans, club, staff, Moshiri...all need a big game from these players.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Need a big reaction here. The Liverpool game is still lingering, and will be for a long time yet I think. A number of players - I mean, repeat offenders - showed a real lack of care in that game. And I hope that between Dunc and Carlo, they have said players sussed out.

The fans, club, staff, Moshiri...all need a big game from these players.

Couldn’t agree more. Very interested to see the line up and the way those players respond.

On 08/01/2020 at 12:30, Palfy said:

Gana did the same thing yet people liked him because of his stats most tackles most interceptions end of his stats, Sidibe stats most tackles most interceptions, near the top for passes completed near the top for goal assists what’s not to like, Gana wasn’t close on those last 2. 
Food for thought. 

But Gana was a DCM who sat in front of the defence and mopped up attacks and filled in where required. This means that we didn’t lose shape as it’s his role. Sidibe on two occasions at Anfield right in front of me was in the left back position! He regularly gets sucked in and I think it is even worse since he’s been given the opportunity to play RM as when he got moved back to RB he was all over the place. I know you’re a huge fan and we are all entitled to opinion but please watch carefully if he’s RB at the weekend as you’ll see if there are any 40/50 yard  cross field  balls to the oppositions LW he will be know where in sight and  he’ll allow them to take it down unopposed time and time again. 

19 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Interesting to see Gylfi as captain. 

Rediculous. Tom, Holgate, DCL, Digne and Pickford are well above him in terms of captaincy IMO.

Not liking that at all. I understand why Ancelotti has done it, but I don't like it. He should be gone in this or the next window this just tipifies the state of the this club at the minute. What leadership he has got if any is beyond me. Dreadful.