IGNORED

Watford (Away) Saturday February 1st

markjazzbassist

I'm hoping during this next week and a half off we have that we will see a CM signed and that's who i have in my lineup.  I'd love the RW as well but i'm guessing after kean showed up Richarlison can go back to being a winger though i don't know if he fits the profile of a RW in Carlo's system.  I'm an idealist yes.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Richarlison CM Morgan Bernard

DCL Kean

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I thought Delph had his best game in an Everton shirt yesterday although he did let him self down in the last couple of minutes. 

Him and Schneiderlin did really well, Delph just struggled to play many passes to where they should have gone. Some of them made it but ended in a tackle straight away and his long balls couldn't have been far from a 50% completion rate. 

The way the two of them dovetailed, got stuck in and covered the ground was as good as I have seen under Ancellotti. Shame Delph did what he did at the end!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Him and Schneiderlin did really well, Delph just struggled to play many passes to where they should have gone. Some of them made it but ended in a tackle straight away and his long balls couldn't have been far from a 50% completion rate. 

The way the two of them dovetailed, got stuck in and covered the ground was as good as I have seen under Ancellotti. Shame Delph did what he did at the end!

Shit happens most of us have rightly had a rant and a say, now we need to get over it and move on. The Watford game will be the chance to truly put it behind us, they have massively improved in the last 4 or 5 games so if we can go and win there after what happened the other night, it will be a good indication of our ability to bounce back from a disastrous result, in someways now that it’s happened I’m looking forward to see a good reaction, which would be a good indication that the team is mentally getting stronger which is important to move forward. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Keep the team the same with the exception of richarlison coming in on the right for Walcott. Wouldn't surprise me to see Keane come in for Holgate with Deeney looking to bully centre halves. 

Watford have a congested fixture list and will be tired so we need to take advantage. 

Agree. Only this is the misconception that Keane is better than holgate against a physical opponent. I’ve seen Keane get bullied by Ayoze Pérez and atleast Holgate has the pace on the recovery.

Richarlison adds goals and hopefully Kean kicks on!

Delph and Morgan get another go. See out the 90 here and we get 3 points. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Agree. Only this is the misconception that Keane is better than holgate against a physical opponent. I’ve seen Keane get bullied by Ayoze Pérez and atleast Holgate has the pace on the recovery.

Richarlison adds goals and hopefully Kean kicks on!

My thoughts too. Either can get bullied by a stronger opponent. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Both played well against Newcastle (for the most part) but there's no way Watford will be 10 yards away from them at all times like for our previous game. They'll be hounded from the first whistle and I worry about us if that's our pairing for this game.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Both played well against Newcastle (for the most part) but there's no way Watford will be 10 yards away from them at all times like for our previous game. They'll be hounded from the first whistle and I worry about us if that's our pairing for this game.

Yep. We just have no one.

id even see us go with a “narrow” 4-3-1-2. To get an extra body in midfield and Bernard behind the 2

Tough game ahead I reckon, they are on the crest of a wave with some good results ( bar Tranmere. 👍) and we’re coming off the back of the unmentionable last 90 seconds of last week. Richy, Siggy and Iwobi reported back available, will be interesting to see who Carlo puts out. Whoever it is we need to come out of the blocks fast and put them on the back foot, if we do turn up then it’s 3 points to us.

19 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Tough game ahead I reckon, they are on the crest of a wave with some good results ( bar Tranmere. 👍) and we’re coming off the back of the unmentionable last 90 seconds of last week. Richy, Siggy and Iwobi reported back available, will be interesting to see who Carlo puts out. Whoever it is we need to come out of the blocks fast and put them on the back foot, if we do turn up then it’s 3 points to us.

very intersting to see if siggy and iwobi see some action.  i don't know that iwobi has played for Carlo at all, so he might sub him just to see what he's like.  

They will play a midfield 3 of Doucoure, Capoue and Chalobah.

All three are physical, athletic guys.

I cant see us matching them physically, Delph plays like a hard man but in truth is a paperweight. Morgan shrieks a challenge with an under 20’s player from Liverpool. Davies and Gylfi kind of give it a go but are very slow. 

Is Keane coming into the backline and Holgate going forward the lesser of 2 evils here. I think Carlo will stick with Delph and Morgan but Newcastle didn’t throw anything at us until 93 mins and we folded. 

I don’t think this one will be as easy as people are making out.

15 hours ago, Btay said:

I cant see us matching them physically, Delph plays like a hard man but in truth is a paperweight. Morgan shrieks a challenge with an under 20’s player from Liverpool. Davies and Gylfi kind of give it a go but are very slow. 

Is Keane coming into the backline and Holgate going forward the lesser of 2 evils here.

Strongly agree with Btay here.  Lesser of too many midfield evils to count.  I dread seeing any of Delph, Schneiderlin, Walcott starting, or even on the bench, really.  I’d prefer the following, with Holgate as a protecting sitter, not venturing forward much at all.  Let Bernard be the playmaker as often as possible, with Sidibé and Baines for crosses to all of Richarlison, Kean, and DCL in the box.  (I realize Ancelotti will not follow my preferences here.)

Coleman           Keane                Mina

Sidibé                Holgate.          Baines

Richarlison                   Bernard

Kean                DCL

Bench — Davies, Digne, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Niasse,

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Strongly agree with Btay here.  Lesser of too many midfield evils to count.  I dread seeing any of Delph, Schneiderlin, Walcott starting, or even on the bench, really.  I’d prefer the following, with Holgate as a protecting sitter, not venturing forward much at all.  Let Bernard be the playmaker as often as possible, with Sidibé and Baines for crosses to all of Richarlison, Kean, and DCL in the box.  (I realize Ancelotti will not follow my preferences here.)

Coleman           Keane                Mina

Sidibé                Holgate.          Baines

Richarlison                   Bernard

Kean                DCL

Bench — Davies, Digne, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Niasse,

That side would get demolished as it has no midfield, I know you don't rate most of them but we have to have at least 2 of them!!

Carlo likes a 442 so I would have:

Coleman    Holgate  Mina    Dinge

Richarlison     Davies    Delph    Bernard

Kean       DCL

26 minutes ago, London Blue said:

That side would get demolished as it has no midfield, I know you don't rate most of them but we have to have at least 2 of them!!

Carlo likes a 442 so I would have:

Coleman    Holgate  Mina    Dinge

Richarlison     Davies    Delph    Bernard

Kean       DCL

We can’t tell from week to week which players will play well and which abysmally.  We’ll not know whether my selections would get demolished, as Ancelotti is more likely to select most of your suggestions.  I’d take a chance on yours, though I’d prefer Keane at CB, with Holgate instead of Delph.

5 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

We can’t tell from week to week which players will play well and which abysmally.  We’ll not know whether my selections would get demolished, as Ancelotti is more likely to select most of your suggestions.  I’d take a chance on yours, though I’d prefer Keane at CB, with Holgate instead of Delph.

True, we wont get to know who Carlo likes until he has had a chance to move players on and bring some in the summer.

I like Holgate, I think he has the potential to be a great defender, and because of his ball playing skills he can do a job in midfield but he is not a natural midfielder. I would prefer to have a midfielder in there to partner Davies, I would have Delph as he is the best of a bad bunch. I take your point tho!!

Watford unbeaten at home for the last five games. You could say they are ready for a loss or they are confident at home. I hope with iwobi and the rest are fit i don’t have to see niasse anywhere near our team again. I hope Gordon keeps his place in the squad. Centre mid is where this game will be won or lost. If the Delph that played against Newcastle turns up then ok. If it’s the Delph against West Ham we will get beasted 

4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Haven’t posted in a minute because I’ve been busy with work and law school applications, but I just arrived in London and this will be my first ever Everton match. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get tickets in the away end, so I’ll have to pretend to be somewhat of a neutral, but I’m still excited beyond belief.

Have a great day and hopefully you get to see a win. 👍

14 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Sigurdsson will start if he is passed fit. It'll likely be Siggy & Delph or Siggy & Schneids. 

All of our midfield options, not just the combo's you mention, fill me with absolute dread at the best of times, but against a very powerful Watford central midfield... I might need a couple of pairs of boxies for this one.

Central midfield is something we desperately need to upgrade in the summer.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

All of our midfield options, not just the combo's you mention, fill me with absolute dread at the best of times, but against a very powerful Watford central midfield... I might need a couple of pairs of boxies for this one.

Central midfield is something we desperately need to upgrade in the summer.

Injured players back and upgrades to morgan/Gylfi we will be fine. Delph won’t move so soon after signing although Delph + money for grealish perhaps.