Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Professor Ancelotti !💙💙   And I particularly like this quote "A strong part of my game is marking and the desire going in to win absolutely every ball," he explained.  "I believe with

Hopefully that means he will be fit for Fulham! He is another starting to pick up regular muscle strains. On a side note, whoever thought international matches and friendlies was a good idea

Currently half way through his autobiography he co-wrote called Quiet Leadership. It has snippets of what players said about him when interviewed for the book. Ronaldo was very fond of him and Zlatan

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thank you dunc, that makes sense

 

EDIT:  moshiri must get one hell of a discount at that hotel!!  might be wise to just buy the thing!

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did. 
That hotel must make a fortune out of the football clubs in the city. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Professor Ancelotti !💙💙
 

And I particularly like this quote

"A strong part of my game is marking and the desire going in to win absolutely every ball," he explained. 

"I believe with my desire I can put in really good performances to win the fans over and I hope to win things as well. There will be a tremendous amount of dedication from me, a lot of dedication – a lot

 

They were the quotes that stood out for me and the one about how can you resist not playing for Carlo! Saying that more importantly is the section I’ve highlighted in bold. To say this would mean surely this has been discussed and it’s correctly identified that this is a huge part that’s been missing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Gonna be so funny when Allan starts breaking up play... that sound when the penny drops is going to great! 😉

Agreed and then it will be so enlightening when he’s got the ball to see what should be done with it, rather than just give it away😉
Remember winning the ball is only part of being a footballer, what you do with it once you’ve won it shows your true ability as a player, as PSG found out in under a year 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Agreed and then it will be so enlightening when he’s got the ball to see what should be done with it, rather than just give it away😉
Remember winning the ball is only part of being a footballer, what you do with it once you’ve won it shows your true ability as a player, as PSG found out in under a year 😂

I can’t remember Gana giving it away much though. Just because you say it.... doesn't mean it happened 😉

And let’s face it, PSG were even playing him after the lockdown when apparently he had been found out. So yes they found out in under a year how valuable a player he is.

You got something right for a change 😉
 

Edit: No no no.... I’m not letting you do this to me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I can’t remember Gana giving it away much though. Just because you say it.... doesn't mean it happened 😉

And let’s face it, PSG were even playing him after the lockdown when apparently he had been found out. So yes they found out in under a year how valuable a player he is.

You got something right for a change 😉
 

Edit: No no no.... I’m not letting you do this to me!

Short memories usually repeat the same mistakes, Touchel is learning that lesson.

Like I said hopefully Allan will open your eyes and mind and you will see how poor Gana was at being a complete footballer. 
And like Haf did after year’s of condemnation over his opinions of Lukaku, when he proven to be more right than wrong he sung out and rightfully so. 
So trust me my friends this isn’t over yet as the Carpenters sung “ it’s only just begun’. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barryj said:

Palf I thought you followed football? You’ve obviously not seen how well Lukaku has done this year? 🤦‍♂️

Standard Lukaku from what I seen.... Loads of goals Vs cannon fodder and then when it gets to the critical games he bottles it 

Did you watch inter Vs Barca B side where a win would have got Inter into the knockouts of the CL? Missed 3 easy chances.   Then in the Europa cup final he basically handed the game to the other side, his great first touch proving the difference. 

His stats look great though... Just not in the games that defined the league. .. that's why juventus won the serie a

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Standard Lukaku from what I seen.... Loads of goals Vs cannon fodder and then when it gets to the critical games he bottles it 

Did you watch inter Vs Barca B side where a win would have got Inter into the knockouts of the CL? Missed 3 easy chances.   Then in the Europa cup final he basically handed the game to the other side, his great first touch proving the difference. 

His stats look great though... Just not in the games that defined the league. .. that's why juventus won the serie a

🎣

Yep you’re right it was just down to Lukaku why they didn’t win the league. 🤦‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, barryj said:

🎣

Yep you’re right it was just down to Lukaku why they didn’t win the league. 🤦‍♂️

There is a tendency amongst some of our supporters to make it seem like everyone who leaves the club of their own volition (Lukaku, Stones, Barkley etc..) will never have any success outside of Everton or was never really any good in the first place. It’s a small mentality and not a good look. It does not make us stronger to demean the players that have chosen to leave. Lukaku in particular is a silly one to go after as he was fantastic player for us and gave us a year more than he needed to. If Richarlison leaves after this season I expect a percentage to say he will never have real success outside of Everton and take joy in any struggles he encounters in his career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barryj said:

🎣

Yep you’re right it was just down to Lukaku why they didn’t win the league. 🤦‍♂️

Not just down to him... But when the big moments come in the divisive games where he can be the hero..... He failed.  It's ok though cos he scored 2 against Genoa and Bologna and stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

There is a tendency amongst some of our supporters to make it seem like everyone who leaves the club of their own volition (Lukaku, Stones, Barkley etc..) will never have any success outside of Everton or was never really any good in the first place. It’s a small mentality and not a good look. It does not make us stronger to demean the players that have chosen to leave. Lukaku in particular is a silly one to go after as he was fantastic player for us and gave us a year more than he needed to. If Richarlison leaves after this season I expect a percentage to say he will never have real success outside of Everton and take joy in any struggles he encounters in his career. 

A year more than he needed to? Was he out of contract of something? Playing for free? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A year more than he needed to? Was he out of contract of something? Playing for free? 

It is not a secret that he could have gotten a big move a year prior. You’ve ignored my point though which is that some supporters go out of their way to criticize former players who leave for clubs higher up the table. Often these are the same fans that  can’t wait to disparage a player after a bad run even if he’s contributed in the past. Call it the “Pack your bags, Siggy!”Group. Personally, I think it’s petty and not a great look for the fanbase though I realize it happens everywhere in sports. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not just down to him... But when the big moments come in the divisive games where he can be the hero..... He failed.  It's ok though cos he scored 2 against Genoa and Bologna and stuff. 

Maybe it was because of him they got to second in the league and to the cup final?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevO said:

Maybe it was because of him they got to second in the league and to the cup final?

Points against smaller clubs don’t count mate, just like the goals scored. 
 

imagine if he only scored against the big teams (20-25%) and failed to score in the rest. He’d be the greatest in the world! :dry:

Not getting into this bullshit again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Points against smaller clubs don’t count mate, just like the goals scored. 
 

imagine if he only scored against the big teams (20-25%) and failed to score in the rest. He’d be the greatest in the world! :dry:

Not getting into this bullshit again...

But then his team might not win as many games in the league or progress in the cup? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

It is not a secret that he could have gotten a big move a year prior. You’ve ignored my point though which is that some supporters go out of their way to criticize former players who leave for clubs higher up the table. Often these are the same fans that  can’t wait to disparage a player after a bad run even if he’s contributed in the past. Call it the “Pack your bags, Siggy!”Group. Personally, I think it’s petty and not a great look for the fanbase though I realize it happens everywhere in sports. 

Some do... I was critical of him way before he left us tbh. 

Most players I'm fine with .... Barkley for example - no problems with him, I was ok with lescott despite how it played out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...