IGNORED

ads and banners

Peter H

I understand why they are there and I don't mind them but could we please change their background colour slightly. Don't know how many times I've been enjoying a thread only to read something strange that I have to think about to try and make some sense out of, until I realize that it was an ad and didn't have anything to do with the thread.

40 minutes ago, Peter H said:

I understand why they are there and I don't mind them but could we please change their background colour slightly. Don't know how many times I've been enjoying a thread only to read something strange that I have to think about to try and make some sense out of, until I realize that it was an ad and didn't have anything to do with the thread.

I'll ask Louis to investigate.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

how are the ads and banners going if i may ask?  are they covering the costs of running the site each month?

I don’t think so, but only Louis can confirm. 

@Louis is it possible to disable them for people who donate a certain amount for a period of time?

In December, it was £31.63 vs. the cost of hosting which is usually $70 USD (£50). But the we were bumped up to the $100 package because viewer numbers increased.

Matt, didn't we have a discussion about this a while ago and it was decided to be unfair as it'd introduce a two-tier system? I think that was what was said but it was a long time ago.

20 hours ago, Louis said:

In December, it was £31.63 vs. the cost of hosting which is usually $70 USD (£50). But the we were bumped up to the $100 package because viewer numbers increased.

Matt, didn't we have a discussion about this a while ago and it was decided to be unfair as it'd introduce a two-tier system? I think that was what was said but it was a long time ago.

I can’t remember to be honest. 

• 11 months later...