IGNORED

Tommy Eglington

CamDeacon

Hey everyone my names Cameron, I've been doing some writing recently and have been focusing my attention on some forgotten legends of the game. The player i am focusing on at the moment was one my grandad (Big Everton fan himself) mentioned to me. That being toffees legend Tommy Eglington, I have managed to collate a general idea of his story together but I want to get a deeper insight into his legacy with the fans and the way those who remember him do. Whether that be his personality, his playing the style, the way he dressed anything! Would be a big help to me thank you all!

10 minutes ago, CamDeacon said:

Hey everyone my names Cameron, I've been doing some writing recently and have been focusing my attention on some forgotten legends of the game. The player i am focusing on at the moment was one my grandad (Big Everton fan himself) mentioned to me. That being toffees legend Tommy Eglington, I have managed to collate a general idea of his story together but I want to get a deeper insight into his legacy with the fans and the way those who remember him do. Whether that be his personality, his playing the style, the way he dressed anything! Would be a big help to me thank you all!

This is one for @johnh & @Bill I think.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

This is one for @johnh & @Bill I think.

Tommy Eglington one of the many Irishmen we had in the old days. Great little winger and if I had to compare him to anybody it would be a mixture of Johnny Morrisey and present day Ryan Giggs.  Irish international along with EFC Captain Peter Farrell but I can't tell you how he dressed or what type of person he was so sorry about that but all i can tell you is that he was a bloody good footballer.

Like to see some of your writings when its done, good luck with it mate.

Yes, I saw Tommy Eglington play many times, truly a legend.   Typical left winger build.  Short, slim but very quick with excellent ball control.  As Bill says, you didn't get to know players in those days.  No TV interviews (no TV!).  Just the photo's in the paper's.  He was so good that his position was never under threat.  He qualified in the category 'first name on the sheet'.  Peter Farrell, Tommy Jones, 'Nobby' Fielding, Ted Sagar.   All in the same mould.  Sorry can't tell you any more but best of luck with the project.