IGNORED

Qualifying for Europe

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

They are "checked", it's not like the money isn't there, it's just a case of whether getting money that way is part of the rules. 

If our method is anything like City's, which doesn't sound too dissimilar (albeit I don't know much about it all yet) then it is something to be concerned about.

I have never heard anyone accuse us of falsifying records before, or fraudulent income. Not sure our model is anything like theirs.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

I have never heard anyone accuse us of falsifying records before, or fraudulent income. Not sure our model is anything like theirs.

Neither has anyone with City. All I can find is that the brother of City's owner paid a company to sponsor City. The deal then inflated the value of that sponsorship deal, thus misleading the relevant bodies.

I don't know exactly which bit is the problem but if it's the linked person over inflating sponsorship deals linked to that individual then USM finch farm and the money for getting first dibs on the stadium name would come under the same scrutiny of being artificially inflated sponsorship deals.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Our model is smarter. We have a benefactor that operates outside of the club. He sponsors our training ground, sponsors our Park End and will likely be sponsoring our shirt next season with his myriad of companies he is involved in. If our sponsorships are within the ball park of other clubs then they are all above board. It doesn't really matter what came before.

I think it might do depending on the link and this may be where we differ from City. 

Some places I read it's his brother moving the money and other places say it's Sheikh Mansour himself, the latter clearly being a problem! 

I'm sure it will all come out but there are some similarities between the cases. Whether they are significant or not is a different story and until the reports are released it will be unclear.  

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

I am mate. I’m a very trusting person haha.

Everyone starts with respect, it’s up to them if they gain more or lose it. I always show faith and trust, people’s actions dictate if I lose that trust or gain more. Glass is always half full. People are great, and the world is a wonderful place. 
I hope I never have reason to change. 

Unfortunately mate in this world that’s how fraudsters make their money, they only need you to trust them once, so be careful with your everyone mate, because clearly not everyone is trustworthy. 
And it must pay because fraud is on the increase. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Unfortunately mate in this world that’s how fraudsters make their money, they only need you to trust them once, so be careful with your everyone mate, because clearly not everyone is trustworthy. 
And it must pay because fraud is on the increase. 

I agree mate, but that’s on them not me. I would rather be in my shoes than someone who mistrusts everyone. I have been ripped off enough times, that I should be different... including having my life savings taken from me two years ago. 

But the person that did it, struggles with mental health, while I smile and play with my amazing kids, and beautiful missus. He may have more money than me, but I’m happy in my own way 🙂

From what I have read Bailey, they have been investigated before. This time they have been falsifying records as well as not meeting FFP stipulations. 

Im hoping we are far away from that model. And I am quietly confident we are. I mean.... it’s not like I’ve ever been wrong before is it?

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree mate, but that’s on them not me. I would rather be in my shoes than someone who mistrusts everyone. I have been ripped off enough times, that I should be different... including having my life savings taken from me two years ago. 

But the person that did it, struggles with mental health, while I smile and play with my amazing kids, and beautiful missus. He may have more money than me, but I’m happy in my own way 🙂

That’s nice mate, sorry you got ripped off Shukes sounds like you new them. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Respect to you mate, thats a great attitude to have and it does you credit. :)

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

From what I have read Bailey, they have been investigated before. This time they have been falsifying records as well as not meeting FFP stipulations. 

Im hoping we are far away from that model. And I am quietly confident we are. I mean.... it’s not like I’ve ever been wrong before is it?

Not when it comes to your lover's tiffs with Palfy at least ;)

To be fair, the info out there is unclear so I am purely speculating. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Haha but sorry to derail the thread.

So, Europe? We need to be able to offer European football to attract the type of players that can take us to our next level.

Completely agree, but is our participation in the Europa league really going to be the thing that convinces a top player to sign for us? Obviously the champions league is a whole different story in terms of drawing power, but I'm not sure Europa would do much in the way of attracting quality players. I think Carlo/new stadium/ownership would be a bigger selling point, but I could be wrong there

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Completely agree, but is our participation in the Europa league really going to be the thing that convinces a top player to sign for us? Obviously the champions league is a whole different story in terms of drawing power, but I'm not sure Europa would do much in the way of attracting quality players. I think Carlo/new stadium/ownership would be a bigger selling point, but I could be wrong there

It's as much to do with us getting acquainted with European football than anything else.

When you look at this season and the way Utd Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal have performed to date, we could have easily been in the top 4 if the first half of the season hadn’t been so poor, compared to how the second half is going. 
I think come the end of the season if we don’t make the CL we will be crying in our beer reflecting on our disastrous start. 
Will we ever get a better opportunity in the next few seasons than we have had this one, let’s hope the four above don’t turn things around next season. 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4056735/premier-league-champions-league-race-will-man-unitedchelsea-or-arsenal-qualify

ESPN predicting us to finish 10th, with United, Wolves, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Sheffield to finish ahead of us in that order. 

Love seeing this. Keep discounting us at your own peril 😀

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4056735/premier-league-champions-league-race-will-man-unitedchelsea-or-arsenal-qualify

ESPN predicting us to finish 10th, with United, Wolves, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Sheffield to finish ahead of us in that order. 

Love seeing this. Keep discounting us at your own peril 😀

yeah i read that trash this morning too.  all of the ESPN writers are so "big club" obsessed it really hurts their credibility.  they act like we are some after thought when if you look at the form table we are up there with liverpool.  oh well.  

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Spurs and Sheffield dropped points today.  The arsenal match is a big one for Europe for us

OK so something to muse on that my lad brought up; if you could take a guaranteed six points (I know we all hope for more) from the next four games how would you want that made up? He favours a win tomorrow, because it's been so long since we won there and a win against Liverpool.

For me that means losing to United and Chelsea so I disagree, I'd opt for a win against Liverpool and three draws.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Mike I think United Chelsea and arsenal are all weak this year.  I expect a loss in the derby sadly.  I’d say 7 points is what I think we’ll get.  Glass half full kinda guy :)

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No, I want us to fight for every point. I take the roll the dice and go for it approach.

Its how I’ve been so successful in life.

You're not playing by the rules:shakingfist: