IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Sunday March 1

markjazzbassist

Just now, Elston Gunnn said:

Can’t afford to use both subs to start second half, but one is essential.  Walcott and Sidibé are disastrous as a pair on right.  I’d prefer Bernard subbing for Walcott, maybe move Sigurdsson to right.  I think Sigurdsson might have a great pass or shot in him, but Walcott has only multiple fluffs to offer.  Then later maybe Kean on for Sigirdsson.

I've seen Siggy give the ball away dreadfully trying the killer pass several times in the last 2 games. In fact when he did it in that first half it almost lead to us conceding a goal. 

Baffles me how he gets in over iwobi or Bernard on that left id love to hear the thought process from Carlo. 

3 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

To balance all the criticism of Pickford. Would Davies had been given the chances he has if he was not a local lad. I think he is not prem quality and I think he is going backawards.

I don't know what he brings to the team.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I've seen Siggy give the ball away dreadfully trying the killer pass several times in the last 2 games. In fact when he did it in that first half it almost lead to us conceding a goal. 

Baffles me how he gets in over iwobi or Bernard on that left id love to hear the thought process from Carlo. 

Probably unanimity that Bernard should come in on left.  But as we can’t use both subs right away, I think Walcott is worse than Sigurdsson, so he comes off.

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Watching on NBC, is that what Keane said on sky?? 

Host bought up some damning stats "let's look at these stats they don't make good reading for pickford"

Keane "I don't need to look at stats, I know he's not a good keeper" 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd love to know who Keane thinks is a good goal keeper because the list isn't going to be a long one!

The last two weekends I have seen big mistakes from Schmeichel, Ryan, De Gea, Ederson, Dubravka, and Leno. That doesn't leave many.

How many of those keepers have cost their teams a goal almost every week though? 

It seems every shot beats pickford at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

How many of those keepers have cost their teams a goal almost every week though? 

It seems every shot beats pickford at the moment. 

Bit of an exaggeration.  Two mistakes in three games.

And the answer to the first question is probably more than you think given the mud you sling at Pickford.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Bit of an exaggeration.  Two mistakes in three games.

And the answer to the first question is probably more than you think given the mud you sling at Pickford.

I'm not making stuff up Bailey???  Last week he was saved by the woodwork after passing it to a marked player.  Palace and benteke the week before, the Newcastle fiasco before that.....

I'm sorry but I do not rate him anywhere near the levels you do.  What does he offer us for the supposed £40m he's worth?  He's been shite since the world cup. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not making stuff up Bailey???  Last week he was saved by the woodwork after passing it to a marked player.  Palace and benteke the week before, the Newcastle fiasco before that.....

I'm sorry but I do not rate him anywhere near the levels you do.  What does he offer us for the supposed £40m he's worth?  He's been shite since the world cup. 

If we judge players on poor pass under pressure then how many mistakes do the rest of the side make. The pass was complete (or should have been). That will happen when you play out from the back. Plus by that logic your frustration at today's goal should lay squarely with Sidibe yet I don't hear a peep. I don't think it cost us a goal last week either which is what you said originally.

All keepers regularly make mistakes playing out from the back, some get punished and some don't.  

I don't remember the Newcastle "fiasco", please refresh my memory, or don't actually, because I am sure this is boring everyone else to tears.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If we judge players on poor pass under pressure then how many mistakes do the rest of the side make. The pass was complete (or should have been). That will happen when you play out from the back. Plus by that logic your frustration at today's goal should lay squarely with Sidibe yet I don't hear a peep. I don't think it cost us a goal last week either which is what you said originally.

All keepers regularly make mistakes playing out from the back, some get punished and some don't.  

I don't remember the Newcastle "fiasco", please refresh my memory, or don't actually, because I am sure this is boring everyone else to tears.

That ball to gylfi Siggurdson against arsenal was a joke. I don't give a shit if the pass completes or not.... it's why they are call hospital balls. 

Newcastle.... he flapped at a corner and pushed it down to a Newcastle player.  Second goal he saved behind the line..... 

He's shite. Simple as.  He tried to be bold and cocky like Joe Hart and he's made himself attract pressure that he can't deal with.