IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday March 8th

markjazzbassist

Absolutely dreadful. Players should be ashamed of themselves after that half of football. The system isn't working and not a single one of them took any initiative. 

Sidebe has topped his worst performance this season which is quite a feat. Davies absolutely woeful, Sigurdsson anonymous yet again and as a whole whenever we have had a chance to break the ball has ended up with our centre halves over and over again. 

Abysmal and by far the worst I've seen us under Ancellotti.

I can't see how we are going to get back in this game. 

It's tough out there for the players. They are getting overrun everywhere. Chelsea are making 3 v 2 or 2 v 1 in almost every attack and even at the back, because we aren't getting the ball into the front two quick enough they are outnumbered too. 

In that first goal once they play through the lines it's 3 v 1 against Sidibe, Davies gets in to make it 3 v 2 but in this league you are going to pay for that and I actually feel a bit sorry for Davies because he tucks in to make sure Pedro doesn't get past Sidibe easily but that leaves Mount alone with Gomes on Willian instead of shifting across. 

In that second goal Holgate gives it away and once Gilmour turns, Gomes goes to press but that leaves 3 v 1 around Davies, Holgate doesn't help him by pressing Giroud and then it's a free ball with Sidibe sleeping. 

Football is an easy game if you keep outnumbering your opponent.

Just now, Hafnia said:

I'd put holgate in midfield.  

The good news is half these players aren't gonna be here in August. 

I agree about Holgate. Sod this passing it out rubbish. Put their CB's under pressure and get it long into the front two and then win the second ball in their half. Holgate will give us some legs in midfield that we don't have now and get some pace on the other wing instead of flogging Siggy around for another 45 mins.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The 4-4-2 just isn't suitable against the better sides in the league. If we aren't going to have the lion's share of the possession then we will be left far too exposed in midfield. 

Especially not with the midfielders we have who have no legs whatsoever. They need to cover ground and ours can't. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

No I can’t blame Davies for his poor ability his ball control and passing have been poor. Game over

You’re right and I know you were an initial admirer of him. But I saw it from the off. Don’t always see the same on tv as at the game but he’s so poor and I knew it was only a matter of time. Saying that today 1-11 have been so bad it’s embarrassing. At least Carlo gets to see us warts and all before summer. To think of Europa is comical based on this.