IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

We haven’t really spoken about Corona Virus on the forum, yet it has become the biggest story pretty much around the world, it is now in one of the nearest towns to me Swindon. 
I was wondering what people’s thoughts were, and concerns if any. 

Personally never been a fan of Mexican beer.

Oh wait a minute I see what you're talking about now. I am a bit concerned as both wife and I have dodgy immune systems but there's sweet FA I can do about it really so just have to see how it develops. In all honesty on a personal level the thing that worries me most is the possibility of travel restrictions coming in and putting my three weeks in Greece later in the year in jeopardy.

Not playing down the very sad fact that a load of people have died and lots more are going to but we've got through bird flu, SARS and ebola scares in recent times so I'm sure the human race will get through this; if it's without me the World will be a sadder place.:unsure:

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We haven’t really spoken about Corona Virus on the forum, yet it has become the biggest story pretty much around the world, it is now in one of the nearest towns to me Swindon. 
I was wondering what people’s thoughts were, and concerns if any. 

Pickford's OK, he can't catch anything.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Personally never been a fan of Mexican beer.

Oh wait a minute I see what you're talking about now. I am a bit concerned as both wife and I have dodgy immune systems but there's sweet FA I can do about it really so just have to see how it develops. In all honesty on a personal level the thing that worries me most is the possibility of travel restrictions coming in and putting my three weeks in Greece later in the year in jeopardy.

Not playing down the very sad fact that a load of people have died and lots more are going to but we've got through bird flu, SARS and ebola scares in recent times so I'm sure the human race will get through this; if it's without me the World will be a sadder place.:unsure:

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a trip to Iceland planned in late April, and I'm worried I won't be able to go. 

i'm not worried about it i live in the midwest and it hasn't gotten here yet, mostly the coasts.  i'd be worried for my children but it targets mostly older people and doesn't seem to be effecting children much, which is a good thing.  as far as me?  well i'm all paid up on my life insurance so my wife and kids will have a nice life :)  i'm not worried, i'm not traveling abroad, just skiing trips a few hours away which won't be hampered.

But you’re right Mark it’s the elderly and people who are already sick and weak who will suffer most, a bit like what the common strains of flu already do.

So on that basis I’m not going out for a few weeks, I’m going to send the wife out for everything she’s a few more years younger, so stands a greater chance of fighting it, I haven’t told her yet if no one here’s from me for a while it didn’t go down to well 😂

Was supposed to be going to Rome next weekend to watch the rugby but that’s off. Had our first reported death in the region, it really does seem to attack the older folks hard. Just keep covering your mouths and washing your hands everyone

Living in NYC, I'm shocked it took so long to get here. I figured we would be one of the first major metropolitan areas to get hit. I'm usually pretty blasé about sanitizing hands or anything, but I've been washing them like crazy and avoiding touching anything. 

Just saw that the Prem is temporarily banning any handshakes before matches due to the virus, which begs the question.....is there a possibility the season gets delayed/called off? I can't imagine it would come to that, as it looks like Italy's way to handle it is just have all matches played behind closed doors. But wouldn't it be something if the year the shite are about to win the league, an act of *whoever/whatever* prevents it from happening?

8 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Living in NYC, I'm shocked it took so long to get here. I figured we would be one of the first major metropolitan areas to get hit. I'm usually pretty blasé about sanitizing hands or anything, but I've been washing them like crazy and avoiding touching anything. 

Just saw that the Prem is temporarily banning any handshakes before matches due to the virus, which begs the question.....is there a possibility the season gets delayed/called off? I can't imagine it would come to that, as it looks like Italy's way to handle it is just have all matches played behind closed doors. But wouldn't it be something if the year the shite are about to win the league, an act of *whoever/whatever* prevents it from happening?

Don’t be daft! They’ll just be given it!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

All then pharmacies and shops are out of stock for masks and hand sanitizer with no idea when they’ll restock! It’s full panic mode over here. 

Because people are idiots and instead of buying what they actually need they buy way too much. Same as the people who lose their minds when the shops close for one day over Christmas and they buy as if they need to fill a bunker.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

All then pharmacies and shops are out of stock for masks and hand sanitizer with no idea when they’ll restock! It’s full panic mode over here. 

Have you noticed the amount of adds we are getting on this thread for masks, it’s become a huge business opportunity for some, we will be getting undertakers in the next couple of weeks if things do get any worse. 
Oh well one mans loss is another mans gain😷

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I have no idea why but in Australia it's toilet paper.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/everyone-has-just-gone-a-little-bit-crazy-australias-toilet-roll-panic/news-story/25c4ccd2a27e8f90d9474955e94deb4d

1 hour ago, RPG said:

At risk of opening up an entire second front of discussion on this thread, I have over my years as an expat 'migrated' from using toilet paper to using the bidet hose pipe, kindly installed alongside most bogs in this part of the world.

I wouldn't have it any other way now. Cleaner, fresher, cheaper and better for the planet!

My old man did the same after visiting Indonesia, have to say I also prefer it.