IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

What a brilliant woman.

Sadly brilliance is lost on the numerous thick arrogant idiots whose natural response to a lack of intelligence and credibility is to jump on a bandwagon of conspiracy theorists who choose to believe something that would enable them to do whatever it was before.....

I repeat, we share oxygen with idiots who don't care about others or have the ability to see further than the end of their nose. Sadly that shared oxygen is a killer. 

Matt le tissier, Denise Welch, Carol Mcgiffien all famous for doing something that doesn't involve brains have been influencing other idiots with no brains. 

Sturgeon lockdown of Scotland.... Well done Scotland for having a leader.  Boris will follow suit in his usual unprepared bollocks way. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I repeat, we share oxygen with idiots who don't care about others or have the ability to see further than the end of their nose. Sadly that shared oxygen is a killer.

i got into an argument with my brother over this just yesterday.  his "who cares about covid" because it hasn't affected anyone close to him attitude is selfish, i told him so.  he didn't like that and said "well there is a ton of bad stuff happening, you better fix that too".  it brought to mind a saying from my old boss "you can't fix stupid".  FFS makes me nuts this selfishness

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i got into an argument with my brother over this just yesterday.  his "who cares about covid" because it hasn't affected anyone close to him attitude is selfish, i told him so.  he didn't like that and said "well there is a ton of bad stuff happening, you better fix that too".  it brought to mind a saying from my old boss "you can't fix stupid".  FFS makes me nuts this selfishness

That attitude is happening a lot over this side of the Pond too but it's coming closer. My son's partner's sister (30) hospitalised, brother's best mate (50) also taken in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55540701

Sort of but not exactly "close to home" for me because I spent a month in St George's in 1993 and the people there saved my life without question.

Bizarrely I had a family tree "discovery" notification today telling me I had a direct relative eleven generations back called Thomas Young and it reminded me of my time there because I was on Thomas Young ward. Spooky.

52 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55540701

Sort of but not exactly "close to home" for me because I spent a month in St George's in 1993 and the people there saved my life without question.

Bizarrely I had a family tree "discovery" notification today telling me I had a direct relative eleven generations back called Thomas Young and it reminded me of my time there because I was on Thomas Young ward. Spooky.

It’s not real though...

I cannot believe there are real human beings that really believe that shite!

I rang up my son's school yesterday to lie and tell them that they weren't coming in as they had an upset stomach..... 

That's the level of trust in the incompetence of this government. I knew that the numbers would mean a lockdown had to happen and I also thought "how many people will get infected because millions of children shared a small classroom for a day".  

We shouldn't need to break rules to keep our children and families safe. 

Turns out today one of my son's teachers tested positive and the whole class needs to isolate.  The government knew these scenarios would happen.

It's incompetence on a huge scale.  The government are an utter disgrace.  It's tough enough dealing with Joe public who can't do their part 

Stay safe everyone.  The next few weeks are going to be tough. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s not real though...

I cannot believe there are real human beings that really believe that shite!

There are mate and it’s splitting families trust me I know unfortunately it’s happening in mine, one of my wife’s sisters goes on marches all round the country and doesn’t abide to any Covid rules, it came to a head when she started posting on the larger family Facebook forum ranting at her Mum Sisters Aunts and Cousins, the upshot of that is that she is being cut out of the family circle. 
But what doesn’t help the situation is no one is enforcing the rules by implementing consequences if they break them. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There are mate and it’s splitting families trust me I know unfortunately it’s happening in mine, one of my wife’s sisters goes on marches all round the country and doesn’t abide to any Covid rules, it came to a head when she started posting on the larger family Facebook forum ranting at her Mum Sisters Aunts and Cousins, the upshot of that is that she is being cut out of the family circle. 
But what doesn’t help the situation is no one is enforcing the rules by implementing consequences if they break them. 

It's because they're not rules, they're guidelines. And that's the way this shit show of a Government like it - make it look like they're looking after the public when in reality they're doing the square root of fuck all.

They showed their true colours at the start of all of this when they had their clown of a leader on national TV spouting about herd immunity and "taking it on the chin". They were willing, and not in any way reluctant, to let a hell of a lot of people die. How must the elderly and vulnerable feel about their lives being seen as less and something to sacrifice?

It makes my blood boil. Yes, people were always going to die during the pandemic but it would have been nowhere near to this scale. Those fuckers have blood on their hands.

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's because they're not rules, they're guidelines. And that's the way this shit show of a Government like it - make it look like they're looking after the public when in reality they're doing the square root of fuck all.

They showed their true colours at the start of all of this when they had their clown of a leader on national TV spouting about herd immunity and "taking it on the chin". They were willing, and not in any way reluctant, to let a hell of a lot of people die. How must the elderly and vulnerable feel about their lives being seen as less and something to sacrifice?

It makes my blood boil. Yes, people were always going to die during the pandemic but it would have been nowhere near to this scale. Those fuckers have blood on their hands.

Ironic thing is that 57% of 60+ and 67% of 70+ voters supported them in the election, so their policy is chipping away at their core vote for 2023.

How%20Britain%20voted%202019%20age-01.png

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

It's unbelievable mate,  I know people of sound intelligence who are seemingly doubling down that it's a conspiracy.... Why?

This will provide some very interesting reading from a psychological perspective and my take on it is that there is a form of needs hierarchy depending on the individual...

The need to be right about things, the need to feel intelligent, the need to feel safe and protect people, the inability to accept other people's opinions, the ability to be dictated to, importance of money and maintaining a routine.

Depending on where a person prioritises these things is where they likely fall in the covid conspiracy or not.

My general thoughts are that most people who think it's a conspiracy are thick as fuck. 

21 hours ago, Bailey said:

Anyone a little surprised that European countries haven't locked down harder knowing the "UK strain" is significantly more infectious than the previous strain? 

Just seems everyone is slow to react.

I hope people go and sue the likes of le tissier for spouting his conspiracy bullshit. 

Anyone a little surprised that European countries haven't locked down harder knowing the "UK strain" is significantly more infectious than the previous strain? 

2  of these cases in Brisbane (Aus) where im from and they went into a 3 day lockdown as of last night. 1 month lockdown pending

Germany has been in lockdown since 16th December. France not locked down but nationwide curfew 20:00 to 06:00 (but their infection rate is a third of ours, probably because thet had a lockdown through November and early December). Italy has selective lockdown and curfew (along with less than a third of our numbers). Spain is under curfew with about a quarter of our rate.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Germany has been in lockdown since 16th December. France not locked down but nationwide curfew 20:00 to 06:00 (but their infection rate is a third of ours, probably because thet had a lockdown through November and early December). Italy has selective lockdown and curfew (along with less than a third of our numbers). Spain is under curfew with about a quarter of our rate.

I think we have showed that only a partial lockdown won't work of the virus takes hold. There are other European countries that are starting to see their rate pick up with this new strain and if it does get a foothold in any of the larger countries that still have a comparatively high rate, they will spiral just as we have. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think we have showed that only a partial lockdown won't work of the virus takes hold. There are other European countries that are starting to see their rate pick up with this new strain and if it does get a foothold in any of the larger countries that still have a comparatively high rate, they will spiral just as we have. 

Don't disagree with any of that, just saying how other countries comparable to ours are "dealing with it" at the mo.

Frankly though I don't give a flying fuck how we're doing in comparison to anyone else and it annoys the crap out of me when Johnson or one of his cronies says stuff like, "...we're vaccinating faster than any other country in Europe". So what? It's not a dick measuring contest.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Don't disagree with any of that, just saying how other countries comparable to ours are "dealing with it" at the mo.

Frankly though I don't give a flying fuck how we're doing in comparison to anyone else and it annoys the crap out of me when Johnson or one of his cronies says stuff like, "...we're vaccinating faster than any other country in Europe". So what? It's not a dick measuring contest.

Yeh completely agree with the last bit. The question is can and should we have done better and I would be amazed if anyone didn't answer yes and lots. 

Guys.

I have spent the last 12 days isolated at home with Anna as both of us tested positive for Cibd19. 

I don’t usually post on things like this, as I don't like to get into conversations that people have such strong views on. But I think I have a duty to let people know my own experiences.... then they can make up their own minds.

the last two weeks have been absolute hell.  I recently started a kitchen fitting company and have since not worked a day. Business has stopped as people needed their work completed and had to go elsewhere. The financial difficulties have been terrible. 

But these have really paled into insignificance compared to what we have had to deal with at home.

At first the illness started of like any bad cold (I won’t say Flu, as I have never suffered from flu and have no idea), cold sweats, aching muscles and joints. This turned into a period couch. Instead of having a persistent couch, I had a couple of couching dots per 24 hours. These couching fits ended with me lying on the floor gasping for breath, and honestly thinking I was going to die. My son standing next to me crying his eyes out while Anna tries her best to get me breathing again (thank god for Anna). 
Since then I have found myself tiring to the point of drop, from just a trip to the toilet. 

I have always presumed I am fit for my age. Can outrun most twenty year olds still, can lift weights that surprise body builders, can bike on a mountain bike from Telford to Barmouth. But I have found that at my age, that strength and fitness is not enough to keep me on my feet when faced with this illness. 
I have broken many bones, and I can deal with any of them. It’s pain, it goes away. Training can fix any of them. But this is something that can’t be fixed, it can’t be helped, and no matter how fit or strong you are.... it doesn’t seem to care.

For the love of all, look after yourselves and those around you. This virus is not just a flu.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Sorry to hear that Shukes, it sounds like you (all) have been through the ringer with it.

It sounds like how badly you suffer from it is almost luck of the draw. Some unhealthy people come out asymptomatic and some healthy people, like you (allegedly ;) ), feel some of the worst effects of it. 

How are you now? 

Feeling better the last few days, but very weak and dizzy. imagine watching Everton on a running streak for five matches and then getting to the last match of the season where we just need a draw against Sheff U to qualify for the champions league! 

Well I feel like I would after that match, deflated, weak and losing the will to live :)

Honestly though, I seem to be pulling through now, but Anna seems to be struggling more :( 

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Feeling better the last few days, but very weak and dizzy. imagine watching Everton on a running streak for five matches and then getting to the last match of the season where we just need a draw against Sheff U to qualify for the champions league! 

Well I feel like I would after that match, deflated, weak and losing the will to live :)

Honestly though, I seem to be pulling through now, but Anna seems to be struggling more :( 

I felt like that during the Rotherham game let alone after that scenario! :D

That just sounds like you will have to pull your finger out and care for her for a change!

In all seriousness though, I wish you both a speedy recovery!