IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

How do we overcome this problem? It's why vaccination rates in many parts of the US remain comparatively low.

EXmdZ1b.jpg

Unfortunately there is no cure for stupid. 
I love that country but my god, surveys like that show how so many idiots live there. 

No offence to our American members, I would hope you fall into the less crazy categories. 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Unfortunately there is no cure for stupid. 
I love that country but my god, surveys like that show how so many idiots live there. 

No offence to our American members, I would hope you fall into the less crazy categories. 

Yeah, these people worried about being tracked by the government must have forgotten about phones, driver's licenses, computers, etc.

I'm guessing these people also live in very rural areas or Florida. 

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Yeah, these people worried about being tracked by the government must have forgotten about phones, driver's licenses, computers, etc.

I'm guessing these people also live in very rural areas or Florida. 

I have quite a bit of red neck family in Florida. Republicans the lot of them, apart from one actually who turned after a couple of years of Trump, but thankfully none of them believe these mad conspiracy theories and they all got the vaccine ASAP. 
Plenty of tears on January 6th too, sensitive republicans my lot. 😂

There will always be the lunatic fringe (on both side) and those that will always believe the moon landing, 9-11 and the JFK assassination was a CIA job - or some shadowy organization straight from The Black List.

Also, it appears this survey was at least partially constructed to reach a desired conclusion. By having a subset of "Those who will NOT be vaccinated" they have ensured they have captured people that may have legitimate concerns about the vax, but they have also captured ALL the conspiracy nut jobs - and then asked them if they believe in conspiracies haha.

To @Cornish Steve's question to "how you fix", I think the short answer is you don't. Way to close to 50% of people don't believe anything the current administration says. Of the other 50%, way too many of them didn't believe anything the last administration said. That's a problem. Luckily we have the news media, so you can pick your narrative, and then go the news outlet that supports it. Handy that.

I'm not sure what has caused the explosion in autism, but it's pretty horrific. Could it be vaccines we have taken for years? Yeah, I think that could be the culprit. I'm in logistics tho, so that's way out of my field, so who knows.

Do I think Covid-19 was exaggerated? Big picture, no. Has it been selectively used for political purposes, finance and sketchy policy based on dubious numbers? Absolutely. "Don't waste a good crisis"

Do I think it's being used to micro-chip? Hahaha no! I think there are those would love to do such a thing, but to @Sibdane's point, the NSA, cellphones, big-tech and electronic banking/cards...I am already tracked six ways to Sunday, so is it really needed?

I don't trust big money/big government to tell me what's best for my health, life and how I should think, because they are self-serving.  I am not sure the Covid vaccines are as needed or effective as advertised. But I think the positives outweigh the negatives (real or perceived) and have things that affect my life a lot more than a damn shot. So I'm fully vaccinated, and am worried about more important things.

Like bringing in a RB that can start day 1.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fuck me this has hit me like a tonne of bricks. Apologies in advance for any snippy and sarcier that usual posts. 

Here's a pre emptive fuck off Matt just in advance.

Hope it settles, plenty of water and appropriate painkillers. 

Today my taste and smell has gone.  Wife is currently laid low with it.

A special fuck you goes out to all the sceptic bellends who think it's nothing.  Absolute twats the lot of you. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Today my taste and smell has gone. 

Some weird stuff that isn't it? Nothing to do with Covid but been living with that to some extent for years, my taste is now pretty good but smell is almost totally gone due to no air flow through my nose. Have an abatoir just on the edge of my village that puts out a horrendous stink on a regular basis if the wind's in a certain direction, so at times I'm grateful!

My daughter is on the way to hospital with my wife right now, ambulance left about ten minutes ago (only one parent allowed in the hospital), this wasn’t an emergency situation. We called 111 and they suggested sending an ambulance and it would be a couple of hours. Breathing too fast, heart rate too high, coughing and very snotty. She will have a test when she gets there, concerned at the moment and nothing I can do about it. Me and her Mum have both had negative tests today.
It’s her first birthday next week, hopefully she’s ok by then. She’s got quite a few cousins of a similar age and they all haven’t met each other yet so planned a little party. 
Also just found out one of those cousins has caught it, only 16 months old. He’s only got a runny nose though, hardly affecting him at all. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

My daughter is on the way to hospital with my wife right now, ambulance left about ten minutes ago (only one parent allowed in the hospital), this wasn’t an emergency situation. We called 111 and they suggested sending an ambulance and it would be a couple of hours. Breathing too fast, heart rate too high, coughing and very snotty. She will have a test when she gets there, concerned at the moment and nothing I can do about it. Me and her Mum have both had negative tests today.
It’s her first birthday next week, hopefully she’s ok by then. She’s got quite a few cousins of a similar age and they all haven’t met each other yet so planned a little party. 
Also just found out one of those cousins has caught it, only 16 months old. He’s only got a runny nose though, hardly affecting him at all. 

Be thinking of you mate, hope all is well.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Sorry to hear that, Steve, hopefully they get it under control as quickly as possible. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

Thanks lads, I’m sure all will be fine soon enough. Just got to wait for them to give her a bunch of tests, she’s got her Mum with her so she’ll be fine. Really hope it’s not Covid though. 

Hang in there brother, sending good thoughts

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Good luck mate. Thinking of you.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Fuck me this has hit me like a tonne of bricks. Apologies in advance for any snippy and sarcier that usual posts. 

I don't think anyone would notice 😉

Hopefully you perk up soon. It is really strange to see how so many people react differently to each jab. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope she is back on her feet ASAP. 

Strangely had a family friend with a 16yo daughter who went into hospital with similar thing. She spent the night because they weren't happy with her bloods. Next day she perked up and was discharged and was completely fine by the evening. 

She tested negative all the time she was there but three days later she did test positive. Someone in her dance group also tested positive the day she went in. No idea if it was covid or whether she caught it while in hospital but it is all very scary. People seem to experience many different things and I think that makes it more worrying.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Sorry to hear your sad news mate hope all goes really well, very worrying when it’s your kids and they are so young, everything crossed 🤞 for you and the family.  

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Oh mate. Thoughts with you. Hope all is ok   my wife is children's nurse and said there is lots of bronchialitus and winter bugs going round.

Hope your daughter is ok Steve. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Oh mate. Thoughts with you. Hope all is ok   my wife is children's nurse and said there is lots of bronchialitus and winter bugs going round.

Hope your daughter is ok Steve. 

There was four other babies in the hospital with the same thing tonight. Doctors said it’s bad at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bronchiolitis? 

They haven’t confirmed that, but all the same symptoms. My niece had that two years ago when she was about nine months old, ended up spending three weeks in Whiston on a ventilator. Heart breaking! She’s been fine since though.