2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

9 members of my family have caught it.

6 met up in a well ventilated conservatory and stayed distanced etc. Still caught it.  It came from the return to school or office. 

It's no conspiracy, it's not just flu, it's nasty shit 

get your vitamin D levels up and stay safe. 

What symptoms they have had? For how long they were feeling sick?  I'm asking, because back in May, 5 members of my family caught something with excessive caughing and it took some of them, particularly my mom about 2 to 3 weeks before they felt better. I on the other side had mild chest pain for about 3 or 4 days and that was it. We never got tested, but I still wonder if it was Covid or something else.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Mike Pence got his vaccine today and it's expected that most of the rest of the administration won't be too far behind.  I find it unconscionable that these asshats, who spent so long denyi

Emailed my surgery asking about this and got stock "admin" reply, "...we kindly ask you to refrain from contacting the practice to enquire...we will contact you...all patients will be invited as per t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

What symptoms they have had? For how long they were feeling sick?  I'm asking, because back in May, 5 members of my family caught something with excessive caughing and it took some of them, particularly my mom about 2 to 3 weeks before they felt better. I on the other side had mild chest pain for about 3 or 4 days and that was it. We never got tested, but I still wonder if it was Covid or something else.

Fever, temperature, feeling completely exhausted, coughing, disorientation, no taste or smell.  Tight breathing 

The unfortunate fact is immunity is only temporary not permanent by all accounts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone on here have any medical insight into this? It would be interesting to know if anyone has an insider view.

I'm quite lucky down south in that we have been largely unaffected but I guess a lot of you guys have had a lot more restrictions placed upon you for a while now and it only appears to be getting worse. 

I don't really know how this gets resolved or dampened down before next spring. The only way it seems to reduce is by completely stopping contact between people but even then, the effect of our previous lockdown would have been helped by the weather and therefore was that as successful as it seemed at the time? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That’s what happens when the leader of a country doesn’t take Covid seriously, how many cases and deaths could also be attributed to Cummings Barnham Castle escapade because Johnstone didn’t do the right thing and sack him. 
Leaders have to lead by example and Trump and Johnstone haven’t done so, that leads to apathy amongst a section of society, even in the last few days Johnstone has messed up again when it comes to breaking his own rules and guidelines, great leadership Boris you fat cunt. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s what happens when the leader of a country doesn’t take Covid seriously, how many cases and deaths could also be attributed to Cummings Barnham Castle escapade because Johnstone didn’t do the right thing and sack him. 
Leaders have to lead by example and Trump and Johnstone haven’t done so, that leads to apathy amongst a section of society, even in the last few days Johnstone has messed up again when it comes to breaking his own rules and guidelines, great leadership Boris you fat cunt. 

Completely agree on Cummings. Whole atmosphere was different from that day on, people seemed to care less. 

42 minutes ago, holystove said:

My 6 year old just tested positive.  He got tested because of a mild fever and runny nose.

Won't be long before I get it too as I have been caring for him when I thought he only had a cold.  As an asthmatic I am not looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for you and your family mate, and hopefully it passes without to much inconvenience to anyone. 

38 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Free or not, I've been taking vitamins C and D, and a zinc supplement, daily for weeks, just in case.

I've been on vitamin D for ages...  5000 i.u and vitamin k to prevent calcium build up. 

Hancock tried to say vitamin D was proven to do nothing.....  

Most vitamin D supplements are crap. 

Got to get a quality source of D3.  Worth watching videos from Dr Rhonda Patrick

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Does Fauci have any proof of that, Matt? Not really been following what he said after being fired by Trump, but a very curious accusation to level at the MHRA without substantive facts. If the US and the EU end up approving, will look even more curious.  

29 minutes ago, Formby said:

Does Fauci have any proof of that, Matt? Not really been following what he said after being fired by Trump, but a very curious accusation to level at the MHRA without substantive facts. If the US and the EU end up approving, will look even more curious.  

Fauci was never fired by Trump.  he still holds the same position.

48 minutes ago, Formby said:

No it won’t, it’ll be a happy coincidence. The man has been nothing but sincere and is highly respected. He didn’t get fired, Thump didn’t like him because he contradicted any false-claim he made with science.

Add to that this government and its “actions” and behaviour of the individual politicians... it just reeks of “we need to look good, it’ll probably be fine, just sign it off”

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No it won’t, it’ll be a happy coincidence. The man has been nothing but sincere and is highly respected. He didn’t get fired, Thump didn’t like him because he contradicted any false-claim he made with science.

Add to that this government and its “actions” and behaviour of the individual politicians... it just reeks of “we need to look good, it’ll probably be fine, just sign it off”

Apologies on the 'firing' - standing up to Trump stands in his favour.

However, the question was whether he had any proof? I haven't seen any - have you? Not a challenge, just very interested as I know people who work for the medical council. 

12 minutes ago, Formby said:

However, the question was whether he had any proof? I haven't seen any - have you? Not a challenge, just very interested as I know people who work for the medical council. 

Personally, I think he was reacting to the stupid and nationalistic tripe issued by Gavin Williamson. What a jerk.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Find it weird we're scrambling for the phizer one when the next vaccine breakthrough had a higher rate (95 compared to 90) and is easier to transport (can't remember what temperature but a lot more than the -70°c or whatever is).

39 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Find it weird we're scrambling for the phizer one when the next vaccine breakthrough had a higher rate (95 compared to 90) and is easier to transport (can't remember what temperature but a lot more than the -70°c or whatever is).

Pretty remarkable that anyone would want that lower effective and sub zero one.  But honestly I doubt the credibility of any pharma companies effectiveness claims.  They are some of the shadiest companies in the world.  We had a massive opioid epidemic thanks to them (they literally pushed pills to increase profits not caring about people’s addiction and dying from overdose).

I am hoping I can wait out a second or third revision, I’m pretty sure I already had COVID now that they’ve changed the timeline (said it hit US in December 2019 now which is when my family and co workers were sick) so hopefully I’ve got the anti bodies.

9 hours ago, Formby said:

I’ve no idea if he has but I am sure of it that he does based on his conduct. Plus the conduct of the government. It was the poor, vulnerable and elderly that suffered most last time, it’ll be them again if they’ve cut corners. Honestly the process of reading bits and pieces as they become available in order to be ahead of the curve is fine for getting a high level gist. But to use it as the basis of the argument that they understand the complex topic sooner than bigger institutes like in Usa and EU who have more resources is not at all convincing to me. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve no idea if he has but I am sure of it that he does based on his conduct. Plus the conduct of the government. It was the poor, vulnerable and elderly that suffered most last time, it’ll be them again if they’ve cut corners. Honestly the process of reading bits and pieces as they become available in order to be ahead of the curve is fine for getting a high level gist. But to use it as the basis of the argument that they understand the complex topic sooner than bigger institutes like in Usa and EU who have more resources is not at all convincing to me. 

I'm not sure what to believe on any issue at the moment - so much misinformation around. But Fauci, at least, appears to be okay with the UK approach  now- which is reassuring.

Fauci apologises for saying UK 'rushed' vaccine - BBC News

"I have a great deal of confidence in what the UK does both scientifically and from a regulator standpoint," Dr Fauci told the BBC on Thursday.

"Our process is one that takes more time than it takes in the UK. And that's just the reality," Dr Fauci told the BBC. "I did not mean to imply any sloppiness even though it came out that way."

Had a vaccination today:)

(Just a flu one mind, I'm not that old)

Two of my daughters have had a blazing row on the covid one, never going to speak to each other ever again (again:rolleyes:)

One does post graduate medical research and the other eats Facebook conspiracy theories whole for breakfast, it was bound to end in tears:unsure:

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Had a vaccination today:)

(Just a flu one mind, I'm not that old)

Two of my daughters have had a blazing row on the covid one, never going to speak to each other ever again (again:rolleyes:)

One does post graduate medical research and the other eats Facebook conspiracy theories whole for breakfast, it was bound to end in tears:unsure:

I turned my offer of the flu vaccine 💉 down, not because I have any negative views against it, more because I’ve never had a serious bout of flu in my life where I haven’t been able to operate, I know there’s always the a possibility for the first time but until that happens I think I will keep declining it. 
But when it comes to the Covid vaccine I have already decided when I’m offered it I’m definitely going to accept it.  

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I turned my offer of the flu vaccine 💉 down, not because I have any negative views against it, more because I’ve never had a serious bout of flu in my life where I haven’t been able to operate, I know there’s always the a possibility for the first time but until that happens I think I will keep declining it. 
But when it comes to the Covid vaccine I have already decided when I’m offered it I’m definitely going to accept it.  

I've only had one flu vaccine before, in 2013 when I first had cancer. This time I was a priority, got emails from surgery and hospital telling me to get it done so I did; guessing I'll be towards the top of the list for Covid as well and I'll have no hesitation in taking it.

Just went through this thread from the beginning. I didn't do any journaling when all of this started to spiral, and I'll always regret that. But you never know the severity of something, or the long-lasting impact it'll have, when it's first starting out. 

It's nice to have a documented timeline of how things went down, so I'm glad we have this preserved. 

29 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just went through this thread from the beginning. I didn't do any journaling when all of this started to spiral, and I'll always regret that. But you never know the severity of something, or the long-lasting impact it'll have, when it's first starting out. 

It's nice to have a documented timeline of how things went down, so I'm glad we have this preserved. 

I hadn’t really thought about looking back to see where we started from and where we’ve got too, and when I have the time I will go through the posts to see the how it’s evolved through the people who have posted here.

What I’m interested to know is whether people around the globe have learnt to treat the virus with respect, or are to many still to blasé about it’s danger. 

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I hadn’t really thought about looking back to see where we started from and where we’ve got too, and when I have the time I will go through the posts to see the how it’s evolved through the people who have posted here.

What I’m interested to know is whether people around the globe have learnt to treat the virus with respect, or are to many still to blasé about it’s danger. 

Because of the "relaxing" of the rules over Christmas (which I think and hope will be back-tracked on) I got a text from one of my daughters this morning inviting me to a "do" at her house on the 27th. Three daughters plus partners and nine kids, crazy. They're not stupid (normally) but I guess feel detached as we've got off so lightly down here (so far).

Needless to say I won't be going, even if I wasn't classed as highly vulnerable I wouldn't. Daft because I've seen none of them since I got out of hospital but they seem to think that four day window means all will be fine:doh:

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Because of the "relaxing" of the rules over Christmas (which I think and hope will be back-tracked on) I got a text from one of my daughters this morning inviting me to a "do" at her house on the 27th. Three daughters plus partners and nine kids, crazy. They're not stupid (normally) but I guess feel detached as we've got off so lightly down here (so far).

Needless to say I won't be going, even if I wasn't classed as highly vulnerable I wouldn't. Daft because I've seen none of them since I got out of hospital but they seem to think that four day window means all will be fine:doh:

Mixed messages from governments and those who are being paid a fortune for their knowledge here and overseas, are adding to so many more infections and potential deaths it’s crazy situation we find ourselves in. 

For me this virus is all about "think of other people - and everyone should be ok"

Sadly I've heard absolute bollocks off social media virologists and conspiracy theorists who give it the big "I'm going out, what do masks do? It's all about control do they can inject microchips in you".....

Yeah, bill gates wants to track you cos your life is so much more important than relying on tracking you via your mobile phone which you use on the toilet to do your studying....

Currently self isolating... My son's friend in school and his parents tested positive. We've been a bit under the weather, fingers crossed we will be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

For me this virus is all about "think of other people - and everyone should be ok"

Sadly I've heard absolute bollocks off social media virologists and conspiracy theorists who give it the big "I'm going out, what do masks do? It's all about control do they can inject microchips in you".....

Yeah, bill gates wants to track you cos your life is so much more important than relying on tracking you via your mobile phone which you use on the toilet to do your studying....

Currently self isolating... My son's friend in school and his parents tested positive. We've been a bit under the weather, fingers crossed we will be ok. 

Honestly it has shown me the people In my life who have shown their true colors.  Being selfish, thinking the economy is more important than people’s lives, it’s been a real eye opener.  And yes the conspiracy theory people are just fucking stupid.  They believe anything they see no matter how far fetched.

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Cheers Matt. Did you test positive? 

No, flew home (alone, won’t see my wife and daughter until Jan now) from Switzerland to get some stuff organised before our big move in February. Really strange coming into my childhood home and having to actively avoid my parents (both 60 more or less) and sisters. My nephews jumped on me today though, they’ve been counting down asking for a cuddle. Won’t lie, been an emotional day today, which took me by surprise! 

I had my third negative test confirmed yesterday working in the construction industry is a bit of mine field really, I don’t often go out to site but when I do I seem to pick the sites that have 3 or 4 people test positive a couple of days after I’ve been there. 
When I get asked what my result was I never say negative I always say innocent 😇, some get it and others give you a puzzled look. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I had my third negative test confirmed yesterday working in the construction industry is a bit of mine field really, I don’t often go out to site but when I do I seem to pick the sites that have 3 or 4 people test positive a couple of days after I’ve been there. 
When I get asked what my result was I never say negative I always say innocent 😇, some get it and others give you a puzzled look. 

Mate is a site manager. Feel sorry for him, he's up the wall as the brickies, sparks, plasterers and what not don't listen. Meant to work metres apart but he keeps catches them working in the same room or going for breaks together with no masks and the argument it's a conspiracy. 

(In their defense they shouldn't be working as there's no way to safely distance but still a cluster fuck)

On 27/11/2020 at 20:08, holystove said:

My 6 year old just tested positive.  He got tested because of a mild fever and runny nose.

Won't be long before I get it too as I have been caring for him when I thought he only had a cold.  As an asthmatic I am not looking forward to it.

Update on this.

My son 6: only had a fever for 1 night.  No other complaints, thus far no lasting effects.  They ended up testing 9 kids in his class, 6 came back positive! All the covid-positive kids in his class infected at least one of their parents.  Schools are definitely one of the major ways this virus spread.

Daughter 5: played and had close contact with my son but never developed any symptoms.  

Wife 34:  got Covid as she works in the same area where the kids play.  Runny nose, occasional headaches, but nothing too dramatic.

Once we knew my son had covid, I self-isolated (am asthmatic).  Working from home in an upstairs room away from everyone else, ridiculous amounts of alocohol gel and always wearing an FFP2 mask.  Slept in the same bed with my wife without mask but with window slightly open.  Never got covid, so don't despair if one of your family members gets it. 

3 minutes ago, holystove said:

Update on this.

My son 6: only had a fever for 1 night.  No other complaints, thus far no lasting effects.  They ended up testing 9 kids in his class, 6 came back positive! All the covid-positive kids in his class infected at least one of their parents.  Schools are definitely one of the major ways this virus spread.

Daughter 5: played and had close contact with my son but never developed any symptoms.  

Wife 34:  got Covid as she works in the same area where the kids play.  Runny nose, occasional headaches, but nothing too dramatic.

Once we knew my son had covid, I self-isolated (am asthmatic).  Working from home in an upstairs room away from everyone else, ridiculous amounts of alocohol gel and always wearing an FFP2 mask.  Slept in the same bed with my wife without mask but with window slightly open.  Never got covid, so don't despair if one of your family members gets it. 

Glad it didn't affect you too badly holy.

12 minutes ago, holystove said:

Update on this.

Good to hear a nice balanced view on this.

It's important to treat seriously because of how serious it can be.  

Did the school run before, 2 dad's on separate occasions walked past me with no mask and coughed - no hand over mouth. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "never mind a mask, do that again and you'll need a gumshield".

My wife who is a nurse had something last November which was horrendous, severe temp and unbearable headache.  I didn't catch it, but she hasn't picked up any of the seasonal colds that have plagued out house since kids are in school.  There is so much we still don't know about this disease other than how bad it can be - on that basis alone people spreading lies or exposing others to risk should be treated as criminals.

Vitamin D 4000 - 6000 IU a day.  If half the anti-Vax, anti-mask, covid denying halfwits want to invest their toilet research time properly - then they should watch this guy's videos.... Don't use my post as advice to take vitamin D, but to look at whether you should. I believe it's a potential Lifesaver.

For me it's one of the most important posts I will have made (along with the Lukaku ones).  

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Did the school run before, 2 dad's on separate occasions walked past me with no mask and coughed - no hand over mouth. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "never mind a mask, do that again and you'll need a gumshield".

I'm in a weird situation in that I'm exempt from wearing a mask but as there's no visible evidence of why I should be I tend to wear one on my occasional trips to shops or whatever to avoid being hassled; they can mess with my breathing (it's a psychological thing, no physical reason why they should) so sometimes I have to remove and I have an exemption thing on my phone if questioned. Doctors/chemist etc know so never have any problem there. Funny thing is though that I do put my hand over mouth/nose if I cough or sneeze, even though it's totally pointless as both airways are cut off; if anything I should be putting my hand over my neck (although I don't need to as it's always covered), that'd raise some eyebrows:D

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well, Mike Pence got his vaccine today and it's expected that most of the rest of the administration won't be too far behind. 

I find it unconscionable that these asshats, who spent so long denying the severity of covid and causing such widespread devastation, are at the front of the line to get the vaccine. It legitimately makes my blood boil. 

True, but with a significant minority of people being Covid deniers, or vaccine sceptics it is important that leaders are seen to take the vaccine publicly. A large proportion of the sceptics (all though not all) are Trump supporters, and Trump must take the vaccine to reassure them it is safe and not some conspiracy. If he fails to do so I would hold him in contempt of humanity.