IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am flabbergasted that there are people that genuinely think the government has dealt with all of this well. 

Wife had a letter today telling her she's "high risk" so needs to stay in for twelve weeks, bit late now. 

We'd already figured it out ourselves so she's not been out for weeks anyway, but still not great.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Wife had a letter today telling her she's "high risk" so needs to stay in for twelve weeks, bit late now. 

We'd already figured it out ourselves so she's not been out for weeks anyway, but still not great.

From minute one it’s been farcical and I haven’t witnessed it get any better. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

From minute one it’s been farcical and I haven’t witnessed it get any better. 

I've never been so angry about something in my life. 

People hoarding toilet rolls like they were going to be on lockdown for months yet most can't stay away from a beach or park for a week or two. 

Half the country should be athletes now.... the majority have spent the previous 6 months sat inside eating food and binge watching tv - tell them they are on lockdown and you see social media crop up with daily Strava maps showing their 8 mile walk/jog over 2 hours.

Then there are the "experts".... a lethal disease breaks out. They bring a quarantined few home from China and put them at arrowe park... all people in connection with them are dressed like Neil Armstrong going to the moon.  Yet events like Cheltenham carry on, football matches whilst flights from Italy and Spain flood the country..... "herd immunity" take it on the chin...."You are going to lose lived ones before their time - its elderly wjo are at risk, young are ok".  No boris.... your loved ones nearly lost all 17stone of you and your well fed and pampered self.... you were at the mercy of a health care system you would have happily seen go. Saved by "plebs" no doubt.   Did they have proper PPE like the stuff that was given out when we were fearful of a pandemic only to be downgraded at limited supply when in the midst of it....

Fuckin joke of a situation. Lying pricks with priveldeged educations who can't even verbalize a number but does a good death stare... yes you priti.  Or hancock the liar and his 100000 tests a day, and Herculean supply chain management. 

Awful awful situation.  We are an island.... probably the most advanced/richest island in the world and we coudnt prevent the outbreak being what it is due to greed and penny pinching.  We should have shut the borders and put in a lockdown the moment it all started in Italy. Bought ourselves time... prepared properly and turned some hospitals into being prepared for this.

Drugs in existence for 70 years being politicized cos Donald trump may be right and they work...Bill gates licking his lips at the vaccine which is at least 9 months and millions of deaths away. 

Shit time to be a human being.  All those poor families having to endure the rest of their lives knowing their loved ones died alone due to a disease that has been badly managed and not prepared for despite years of warnings.  Just shit. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

@Hafnia, agree with nearly all of that, but I’m confused by the Bill Gates jab. Not sure where it’s coming from considering all of the good he does. What’s his link to the vaccine?!

I was a huge fan of his.... but I'm concerned that there appears to be some noise that he is a bit big on vaccines at the rivalry of therapeutic treatment that may save lives. 

Have a look at hydroxychloroquine - combined with zinc and antivirals people have been getting well .. remarkably so. Yet Faucci (Bill gates made huge donations to him) is opposed to it.... lots of weird stuff going on. All big pharma style shannanigans.

I may be wrong but it seems money or the need to make money is leading the way. 

Makes very interesting googling. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I was a huge fan of his.... but I'm concerned that there appears to be some noise that he is a bit big on vaccines at the rivalry of therapeutic treatment that may save lives. 

Have a look at hydroxychloroquine - combined with zinc and antivirals people have been getting well .. remarkably so. Yet Faucci (Bill gates made huge donations to him) is opposed to it.... lots of weird stuff going on. All big pharma style shannanigans.

I trust Fauci more than Trump's opinion. I think Bill Gates gets bad rep because he's a billionaire, but I do think he's one of the good ones. Plenty of health officials have come out and said it's too soon to declare that medicinal combination as a cure. Fauci gets the hit because he's the face. 

Keep in mind how much Fauci has done for the medical community. I'd back him with donations too if I could. 

22 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I trust Fauci more than Trump's opinion. I think Bill Gates gets bad rep because he's a billionaire, but I do think he's one of the good ones. Plenty of health officials have come out and said it's too soon to declare that medicinal combination as a cure. Fauci gets the hit because he's the face. 

Keep in mind how much Fauci has done for the medical community. I'd back him with donations too if I could. 

I get that... the problem is not knowing who to believe.

I've long been an advocate of vitamins... like D especially...  supplements.  The deficiency of vitamins like D give big pharma huge opportunities to treat symptoms of deficiency rather than the cause.  The issue is that we never get told this as it costs them money. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I've long been an advocate of vitamins... like D especially...  supplements.  The deficiency of vitamins like D give big pharma huge opportunities to treat symptoms of deficiency rather than the cause.  The issue is that we never get told this as it costs them money. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He makes huge donations (directly and through his and his wife’s foundation) all over. Pretty sure I read that he's the 2nd largest contributor to WHO, including countries, after the US. I honestly don’t believe he has an agenda, I think he funds who he thinks is doing the right thing

edit: quoted the wrong post, apologies. It was the BBC sharing the WHO donation:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52291654

17 hours ago, Matt said:

He makes huge donations (directly and through his and his wife’s foundation) all over. Pretty sure I read that he's the 2nd largest contributor to WHO, including countries, after the US. I honestly don’t believe he has an agenda, I think he funds who he thinks is doing the right thing

edit: quoted the wrong post, apologies. It was the BBC sharing the WHO donation:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52291654

It's been very confusing watch people go after Bill Gates based on tin foil hattery,, seems to be mostly Trump supporters who want to discredit him because he's a liberal who has been been sounding the alarm on lack of preparedness for a pandemic for quite a while, Candace Owens went on a disgraceful rant against him on twitter last night.

Guy has literally pledged to give away all his money,  and is spending on it on the most disadvantaged and people are calling him scum online. 

Corona virus:  1  thoughts.  It is a nasty  virus and  I do not think that the survivors in a family will appreciate  the idea  of  not being  able to  give comfort to their relatives who may be dying, which will be as scary as fuck  for  many   folk

2 Concerbs:  WTF  dio we do next year when it comes back  as a super bug  ? A bug that  the  medical experts  can not eradicate too  early  as it has mutated  and can not be stopped  

On a personal  note  may i  wish  you all  a  very  special  easter  and you and your loved ones  all  survive         well

On 28/03/2020 at 19:38, MikeO said:

Horrific times for people going through cancer treatment (wearing my Macmillan hat); some being told that chemo is too risky due to the damage to the immune system and some having radiotherapy periods reduced from 6/7 weeks to four because of the risk of going to hospital. People are dying from covid but people will also die from insufficient cancer treatment due to it.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-cancer-treatment-cutbacks-uk-latest-calls-charities-breast-cancer-2541044

On 15/04/2020 at 08:22, Hafnia said:

They've had to stop trials because it's literally killing people. The best hope right now appears to be something being tested by Gilead.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

They've had to stop trials because it's literally killing people. The best hope right now appears to be something being tested by Gilead.

From what I've read that trial was stopped because it was causing heart murmurs due to the high doses, but it's still being prescribed in mild cases but no clear evidence that it's effective.

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's been used for 50+ years by millions to treat lupus and arthritis.   I think it can work if there are no heart issues,  I was prescribed a men and had to have an ECG first. 

My auntie died on Wednesday from Covid 19 she was 98 we all thought she would make 100 sadly not to be, but she had a good innings. 
The most upsetting part for us was she was the last of the generation from my parents age in the family. 
But  we’ve also had some great news, my brother in law on my wife’s side of the family was moved out of Kings London ICU today he’s been in there for 6 days, he’s been like a brother to me and I’ve been feeling it a bit I’ll be honest I didn’t think he would make it. 
Hope everyone and your friends and family are doing well. 

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My auntie died on Wednesday from Covid 19 she was 98 we all thought she would make 100 sadly not to be, but she had a good innings. 
The most upsetting part for us was she was the last of the generation from my parents age in the family. 
But  we’ve also had some great news, my brother in law on my wife’s side of the family was moved out of Kings London ICU today he’s been in there for 6 days, he’s been like a brother to me and I’ve been feeling it a bit I’ll be honest I didn’t think he would make it. 

Palfy, sorry to hear your sad news.  Some good news too though.  We are doing OK and hope that you and all your family and friends are keeping well.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Sorry and happy in equal measure Palfy mate, losing the last of the previous generation I'm sure is tough; I just have one aunt left but she married my dad's brother at a young age so is in fact "only" 83 in a few days and she's a force of nature; eminent educator, author and political activist in her time as well. As was my uncle.

Derek was the perfect uncle, such a kind and loving man.

Sorry I've strayed off into my own thoughts, but deep sympathies; to get so close to the 100 and fall short is very sad, will you be able to get to the funeral? I know the rules are pretty strict on them just now.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sorry and happy in equal measure Palfy mate, losing the last of the previous generation I'm sure is tough; I just have one aunt left but she married my dad's brother at a young age so is in fact "only" 83 in a few days and she's a force of nature; eminent educator, author and political activist in her time as well. As was my uncle.

https://prabook.com/web/ann_sybil.oldfield/432490

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2008/jun/03/mainsection.obituaries#maincontent

Derek was the perfect uncle, such a kind and loving man.

Sorry I've strayed off into my own thoughts, but deep sympathies; to get so close to the 100 and fall short is very sad, will you be able to get to the funeral? I know the rules are pretty strict on them just now.

She lived in Canada mate under normal circumstances I would have got a flight and gone, she was the eldest of my mum’s 2 sisters and 1 brother my mum being the youngest of the 4.

When she was 15 she left home to work in service for a rich family in Liverpool before WW2, which was quite common in those days for girls in the pit villages of Newcastle to go into service for the Toffs, then at 20 she went into the NAFFI were she met my uncle who was in the Army during WW2, and unbelievably he was from Swindon and his brother and sisters families are still here, I met his brother once when my aunt was over in the mid 70s, just seemed strange to me that we ended up in Swindon from Newcastle when I was 3.

If Mandy’s youngest sisters husband had died that side of the family would have struggled, her other sister had a double mastectomy about 6 months ago and has not long finished her cancer treatment, so if Michael had gone the family would have been devastated, and I get on really well with him he’s a smashing bloke even though he’s season ticket holder at Chelsea, I cannot say how happy and relieved I am that he got through this, and hopefully I’ll be able to speak with him in a few days when he’s up to it.