IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

"At all parts of this we have been guided by that science, we have been guided by making the right decisions at the right time, and I stand by that."

Strange that the Irish took the decision to go into lock down that same weekend. It was paddy's day as well so a much tougher decision economically if that's the basis of our 'scientists'. 

Still being stuck in Spain, and having been here since January, everyone in Spain, both Spanish and English were saying why are people from Madrid being allowed to travel to  Liverpool.

Dont forget Spain was way ahead of the UK with the outbreak, and why Cheltenham was allowed to go ahead was pure money, not science.

I do think the leaders of both scientific and government are equally to blame for not controlling things better.

And whoever was in charge of the country the scientific advice would have been the same.

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

"At all parts of this we have been guided by that science, we have been guided by making the right decisions at the right time, and I stand by that."

Strange that the Irish took the decision to go into lock down that same weekend. It was paddy's day as well so a much tougher decision economically if that's the basis of our 'scientists'. 

We are victims of our PM and his government as stated by right wing papers, a PM who didn’t attend the first 5 Cobra meetings, who was more interested in Brexit and selecting his front bench, who took a 2 week break at a country retreat, who refused to work weekends, then tries to portray himself as a Churchillian figure as though he has been leading the fight from the beginning, when in truth he went AWOL in the line of duty, he’s a disgrace to this nation he should resign when this is over, and if he doesn’t then the Tory party should have the honesty and integrity to push him. 
He should go down in the annuals of History as Chamberlain figure only worse, and not be held up to a leader of Churchill’s stature. 

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are victims of our PM and his government as stated by right wing papers, a PM who didn’t attend the first 5 Cobra meetings, who was more interested in Brexit and selecting his front bench, who took a 2 week break at a country retreat, who refused to work weekends, then tries to portray himself as a Churchillian figure as though he has been leading the fight from the beginning, when in truth he went AWOL in the line of duty, he’s a disgrace to this nation he should resign when this is over, and if he doesn’t then the Tory party should have the honesty and integrity to push him. 
He should go down in the annuals of History as Chamberlain figure only worse, and not be held up to a leader of Churchill’s stature. 

Unfortunately honesty and integrity doesn't exist in that party otherwise bj would never have gotten in power in the first place, just as they did with May they've swapped favours for themselves rather than get rid and do what's best for the people. They all need to be held to account. Talking of accountability it's absolutely disgusting that they never take responsibility, never just answer questions directly. Shouldn't take the likes of Piers Morgan of all people to call them out on it and keep repeating questions. 

No need to worry anymore lads Boris and Trump have had a chat this afternoon, and there gonna put there heads together and save us all.

God save us dumb and dumber are on the case, these have to be the 2 worst leaders in the Western World, who until a few weeks ago were in complete denial of the seriousness of Covid19.

Here in the Atlanta area, we face a potential catastrophe. The number of COVID-19 cases is soaring, so what does the governor do? As of this weekend, parks and beaches will reopen, as will eat-in restaurants, hair cutters, tattoo shops, spas, massage parlors, bowling alleys, movie theaters, and many other stores. Never have I encountered such stupidity in a leader, despite (un)healthy competition.

On 19/04/2020 at 17:34, Palfy said:

My auntie died on Wednesday from Covid 19 she was 98 we all thought she would make 100 sadly not to be, but she had a good innings. 
The most upsetting part for us was she was the last of the generation from my parents age in the family. 
But  we’ve also had some great news, my brother in law on my wife’s side of the family was moved out of Kings London ICU today he’s been in there for 6 days, he’s been like a brother to me and I’ve been feeling it a bit I’ll be honest I didn’t think he would make it. 
Hope everyone and your friends and family are doing well. 

Sorry to hear this mate.

98... lived through ww2 and died in an age where the lack of urgency and protection from the government has seen so many lovely, hard working human beings who deserved so much better inntgeir latter years to pass away without loved ones being able to comfort them.

Sorry to hear this. 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Here in the Atlanta area, we face a potential catastrophe. The number of COVID-19 cases is soaring, so what does the governor do? As of this weekend, parks and beaches will reopen, as will eat-in restaurants, hair cutters, tattoo shops, spas, massage parlors, bowling alleys, movie theaters, and many other stores. Never have I encountered such stupidity in a leader, despite (un)healthy competition.

It's Like watching Jaws....  "tell them it's a batracuda"..... "It's just flu"......

Where arrogance and lack of intelligence collide - it's quite devastating. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's Like watching Jaws....  "tell them it's a batracuda"..... "It's just flu"......

Where arrogance and lack of intelligence collide - it's quite devastating. 

Add gyms to the list of things he's opening. It's crazy. My hope is that most will ignore him, but I suspect a sizable minority (this is big-time Trump country, after all) will no longer remain at home.

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Holding them to account afterwards would just have people crawling out the woodwork with crap like “it’s done now, there’s no point going over it”. They should absolutely be held to account now, he’s right. 

It's horrible. I'm surprised the estimate is so low as I don't think there's many of us who don't know someone who's been affected. 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Holding them to account afterwards would just have people crawling out the woodwork with crap like “it’s done now, there’s no point going over it”. They should absolutely be held to account now, he’s right. 

If there is a shadow team who can step right in, then I would agree. But any change to the structure will create delays which could be catastrophic. That’s the only reason I don’t want them held to account now.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If there is a shadow team who can step right in, then I would agree. But any change to the structure will create delays which could be catastrophic. That’s the only reason I don’t want them held to account now.

I'm not saying they should all be sacked or changes made, but people are acting like you can't say a word against those responsible because 'now isn't the time'. Bullshit, now is the time to stand up and say something, not when the dust has settled. People's lives are at stake here so if people are doing the wrong thing they should be told now, because a change in direction/attitude/behaviour now could literally be the difference between life and death.

If anyone still has any doubts that this Tory government as let this country down, have the deaths of NHS workers on their hands, then watch Panorama tonight no matter what your political persuasion is you are going to be totally shocked by what you see and hear. 
They are 100% liars who have sent people to their deaths. 

On 06/04/2020 at 12:42, Hafnia said:

Shit runs from top to bottom.  If middle management comply with the shit from the top in order to fit with budget then they are failing their staff.  This isn't new.... the nhs and the workers close to the frontline have been highlighting these issues for years. 

Like any business you will get "yes merchants" who want to stay in favour of their bosses and don't rock the boat and get paid.

I know for a fact that voices are not heard.  The PPE is an absolute joke - the government downgraded the rating of the disease to fit in with the lack of ppe. It's criminal. 

As I said back then.... clear as day what the bastards have done.  Downgraded the severity of the disease and exposed good people to a deadly disease. 

I want people in prison for this. Counting a pair of gloves as 2 items of ppe, paper towels??  Fookin lying pricks.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

As I said back then.... clear as day what the bastards have done.  Downgraded the severity of the disease and exposed good people to a deadly disease. 

I want people in prison for this. Counting a pair of gloves as 2 items of ppe, paper towels??  Fookin lying pricks.

Surely there comes a time in even the lowest of the lows life’s that you admit to your short comings, but not this government they have banded together like rats in a sewer to tell lie after lie and play party politics with peoples lives. 
They shouldn’t be allowed to walk away from this. 
And before the right wing accuse me of being a leftist, remember this isn’t my story it’s the story of all the health care workers on the front line who have to go to war without the correct armour endangering theirs and their families life’s, whilst the government fabricated the truth and lied to cover up their inadequacies. 
What they are doing is indefensible and they need to be removed immediately from running the campaign against Covid 19, and a cross party coalition of the best minds should be installed to take over from these arseholes. 

They've reopened the trail close to where I live, so I decided to take the dogs for a walk one evening earlier this week - being sure to wear one of the masks my wife has made. In the space of an hour, I noted over 80 other people on the trail either walking, cycling, or jogging. Of these, just three were wearing a mask and plenty were in groups.

Most disappointing was the attitude of some toward me for choosing to wear a mask. One cyclist, for example, opened his eyes wide, cycled to my side of the trail, made a point of breathing on me, before continuing on his way. Yes, I know plenty are being criticized simply for leaving their homes, and this is not right, but neither is it right to mock those who choose to wear a mask.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I suspect those pretending all is now well are going to pay a high price for reopening everything - restaurants, gyms, move theaters, etc. - too early and not taking sensible precautions such as social distancing and wearing masks. At best, they'll feel rotten for two weeks as they suffer the virus; at worst, their actions may indirectly lead to the death of elderly and medically compromised friends and family. I understand how frustrating it is to remain at home for much of the time, but it's no excuse. Worst of all is the total lack of leadership right now in the US: "everyone did what was right in their own eyes."

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

They've reopened the trail close to where I live, so I decided to take the dogs for a walk one evening earlier this week - being sure to wear one of the masks my wife has made. In the space of an hour, I noted over 80 other people on the trail either walking, cycling, or jogging. Of these, just three were wearing a mask and plenty were in groups.

Most disappointing was the attitude of some toward me for choosing to wear a mask. One cyclist, for example, opened his eyes wide, cycled to my side of the trail, made a point of breathing on me, before continuing on his way. Yes, I know plenty are being criticized simply for leaving their homes, and this is not right, but neither is it right to mock those who choose to wear a mask.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I suspect those pretending all is now well are going to pay a high price for reopening everything - restaurants, gyms, move theaters, etc. - too early and not taking sensible precautions such as social distancing and wearing masks. At best, they'll feel rotten for two weeks as they suffer the virus; at worst, their actions may indirectly lead to the death of elderly and medically compromised friends and family. I understand how frustrating it is to remain at home for much of the time, but it's no excuse. Worst of all is the total lack of leadership right now in the US: "everyone did what was right in their own eyes."

Well put Cornish, and how disgusting and offensive that cyclist was, sorry to here that incident happened to you mate. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well put Cornish, and how disgusting and offensive that cyclist was, sorry to here that incident happened to you mate. 

And the governor just made another decision: allow teenagers to drive on some of the nation's busiest and most dangerous roads (some are eight lanes in each direction) without having to take any kind of test to get a license. On the positive side, maybe this will convince more people to stay indoors. :)

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/teens-temporarily-no-longer-required-take-road-test-get-drivers-license/3HA5IYP2JJFJ3BF7PHY76YXO2U/

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s been classified as assault pretty much everywhere. Carry a stick with you Steve, see if you can get his front spokes next time. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

And the governor just made another decision: allow teenagers to drive on some of the nation's busiest and most dangerous roads (some are eight lanes in each direction) without having to take any kind of test to get a license. On the positive side, maybe this will convince more people to stay indoors. :)

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/teens-temporarily-no-longer-required-take-road-test-get-drivers-license/3HA5IYP2JJFJ3BF7PHY76YXO2U/

😂 I think that would make me think twice about going out.