IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sorry to say but I'm finding it's the younger members of society who don't give a toss about the 2 metre rule. 

I live on the outskirts of a village and don’t really see any youngsters, I’ve been to my office 4 times in 5 weeks for a couple of hours each time and Wickes click and collect once ( I gave into my fear of decorating for the first time in probably 30 years) and walk the dog every day in the farmer’s fields, I feel like I’ve taken isolating to the extreme 😄

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My brother in law was strong enough to leave hospital today hopefully I will be able to speak with him in a couple of days. 
I want to know what he can remember and how he felt, or does that seem more morbid than just curious?

Good luck to your BIL, but no, I don't think that's morbid. Learning from others' experiences can help us in the future (that's why we study history right?). 

36 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Good luck to your BIL, but no, I don't think that's morbid. Learning from others' experiences can help us in the future (that's why we study history right?). 

When you put it that way who could argue with that 👍

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

My brother in law was strong enough to leave hospital today hopefully I will be able to speak with him in a couple of days. 
I want to know what he can remember and how he felt, or does that seem more morbid than just curious?

All the best to your brother in law.  

Not morbid to want to know how he experienced Corona but I get the impression the disease can hit you in many different forms, not all of which are experienced by everyone.  Some people are stuck with it for up to 7 (!!) weeks.  Some experience loss of taste and smell.  Not all get fevers.  etc etc

Like you I wanted to find out all I can from people I know who got COVID19, hoping that it would lessen my stress levels knowing what to expect, but it had the contrary effect.  All you can do is hope you go through it asymptomatically.  (given the number of colleagues who fell seriously ill, I'm kind of hoping I already had it).

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Don’t think it’s morbid at all. If anything it’s showing interest in him and might help him get over the mental side. 

I thank you all for your support and advice, in my head I think there is a close line between a morbid fascination and curiosity caring or otherwise. 
There are so many questions I want to ask him which I do feel is natural, and some maybe considered dark. 
I don’t know I’m sure he will tell me to do one if I get to deep in fact I know he will. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I thank you all for your support and advice, in my head I think there is a close line between a morbid fascination and curiosity caring or otherwise. 
There are so many questions I want to ask him which I do feel is natural, and some maybe considered dark. 
I don’t know I’m sure he will tell me to do one if I get to deep in fact I know he will. 

If you want to share the questions, feel free to post / send a PM and I’m sure you’ll get some feedback. Might make you think about how to ask the questions, think of new ones and think if there’s some you shouldn’t ask. Happy to be an ear if you want, I’m sure plenty of us here would be too. 

1 hour ago, holystove said:

Not morbid to want to know how he experienced Corona but I get the impression the disease can hit you in many different forms, not all of which are experienced by everyone.  Some people are stuck with it for up to 7 (!!) weeks.  Some experience loss of taste and smell.  Not all get fevers.  etc etc

I've possibly had/still got it. Doctor said viral infection but can't tell them apart. 

Started just feeling groggy for a couple of days much like a hangover, (I'd already had a cough for over a week) . Then fatigue with a constant tension headache. My taste buds didn't go off until about day 7, (they're still off 6 weeks later which is probs the longest I've gone without enjoying a beer!), thought the fatigue had lapsed so done a workout the other day then slept for 15 hours so still not back to normal. 

One thing that annoys me is that work told me to phone 111 when I initially called in sick, who advised me to keep working. After going in for two days I took myself off work as I thought I must be getting man flu at a minimum, only for my taste buds to go and then be told its probably corona. Just hope I never gave it to anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I've possibly had/still got it. Doctor said viral infection but can't tell them apart. 

Started just feeling groggy for a couple of days much like a hangover, (I'd already had a cough for over a week) . Then fatigue with a constant tension headache. My taste buds didn't go off until about day 7, (they're still off 6 weeks later which is probs the longest I've gone without enjoying a beer!), thought the fatigue had lapsed so done a workout the other day then slept for 15 hours so still not back to normal. 

One thing that annoys me is that work told me to phone 111 when I initially called in sick, who advised me to keep working. After going in for two days I took myself off work as I thought I must be getting man flu at a minimum, only for my taste buds to go and then be told its probably corona. Just hope I never gave it to anyone else. 

Hope you’re feeling well again soon. I wouldn’t worry about if you spread it or not; there’s no way to know and it’s out in the world to such an extent that pretty much everyone will get it at some point anyway so nothing you can do about it (apart from the common sense basics)

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you want to share the questions, feel free to post / send a PM and I’m sure you’ll get some feedback. Might make you think about how to ask the questions, think of new ones and think if there’s some you shouldn’t ask. Happy to be an ear if you want, I’m sure plenty of us here would be too. 

Cheers Matt 🙏

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hope you’re feeling well again soon. I wouldn’t worry about if you spread it or not; there’s no way to know and it’s out in the world to such an extent that pretty much everyone will get it at some point anyway so nothing you can do about it (apart from the common sense basics)

Cheers Matt, I'm good for the most part, just taste buds and a little fatigue now, never had breathing difficulties so never in danger. Tbh I've had much worse man flu but I know others who haven't been so fortunate.

Spreading it wise I'd not been round many people, work had the 2 metre provisions in place as well, only major worry was the person 2m from me was pregnant! That was the only person I worried about.

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Hopefully Pete you’ve had or are having it  and you are one of the lucky ones whose symptoms won’t get any worse than you’ve had, I think Matts right pretty much everyone will get it at some point, and the lockdown and self isolating is to make the burn slower and not to overwhelm the NHS who have coped admirably no thanks to the government, but that’s for another day. 
Get well soon mate. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hopefully Pete you’ve had or are having it  and you are one of the lucky ones whose symptoms won’t get any worse than you’ve had, I think Matts right pretty much everyone will get it at some point, and the lockdown and self isolating is to make the burn slower and not to overwhelm the NHS who have coped admirably no thanks to the government, but that’s for another day. 
Get well soon mate. 

Thanks Palfy, I'm well mate just very minor sypmtons now. Feel sorry for any one working in the NHS they must be emotionally exhausted from all this. Just hope once this is all over they're properly supported and funded so it never happens again in the future.

42 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Thanks Palfy, I'm well mate just very minor sypmtons now. Feel sorry for any one working in the NHS they must be emotionally exhausted from all this. Just hope once this is all over they're properly supported and funded so it never happens again in the future.

Couldn’t agree more. 

49 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Quick update, I've been real busy as baby has had a number of hospital visits due to ongoing conditions. He has a suspected cows milk protein allergy which is playing havoc with his silent reflux, that has gone along with him developing bronchiolitis last month and having a floppy larynx that causes him to close his airways and stop breathing.

The hospital tested him for coronavirus finally last week and we got a negative result which I was anticipating. There's not much we can do for his conditions. Reflux will go away on it's own as he starts weaning on to solid foods, the larynx problem will also just go away on it's own as he gets bigger. So we are just left with a milk allergy and hoping that early chest infections haven't set him back.

Poor little lad he’s definitely been through the war’s in the last few months, pleased your getting to the bottom of his issues and things are looking better for him and yourselves. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Yea he's been through the ringer a little bit recently, I'm gonna have to tell him when he is older what he has been born into with coronavirus and everything else going on.

Definitely mate he’s been born into some strange times for this country and the world for sure, your have plenty to tell him about. 
But how you quite explain to him why you’ve condemned him to a life of football heartache as an Evertonian could be hard one to justify and explain 😄

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely mate he’s been born into some strange times for this country and the world for sure, your have plenty to tell him about. 
But how you quite explain to him why you’ve condemned him to a life of football heartache as an Evertonian could be hard one to justify and explain 😄

I still remember being in the main stand telling my dad that I “don’t like this”. Apparently I fell asleep in the first game I went to but I was 4 yrs old then. Watching the Wimbledon game was another time I said I don’t like this. But, forever blue.