IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

It's the first time in my life I've really seen certain types of human nature at its poorest...

Take these mp's,  Tories specifically.  Arrogant, egotistical overprivledged pricks.... most come from money to the levels that they need not worry about paying mortgages and feeding kids etc.... they could do a £50k a year job in the private sector and be comfortable, they may even get the job that allows them to bully people and feel like they have made it.

Money isn't the only thing with them, like romey said it's power... they more than likely come from a long line of twats, told they are better than everyone else, had an education that "teaches them how to pass exams".... but very little else.   Their parents want them to be "important people" because their little egos need that to boast about at bridge club.... well guess what - important people need to be good at their jobs and these fuckwits aren't.  They lack common sense, life skills,  an emergency for them is their child's nanny ringing in sick or the cleaners not turning up. They haven't got a fuckin clue.

I actually think top level mps are massively underpaid - the problem is that the people doing these jobs are underqualified and get away with crap - "thick as pig shit but have qualifications and can bullshit without a shred of embarrassment".

I'd have laws passed that made incompetence punishable by prison sentence. Pay them a million+ a year - high risk high reward .... you will soon see a level of competence that we should see.  The likes of patel, Johnson and hancock should be kept well away from the control panel of the country. 

99427909_1329364987269402_37705926686571

The news papers have done a fantastic job exposing the government on this one. 

I was watching Channel 4 news yesterday and the tory on it was an absolute joke. His defence was basically that it's sad that people are grassing on their neighbours. Rules are just guidelines. Basically zero accountability and pushing blame on the public. 

The Transport secretary on the Andrew Marr show this morning whose name escapes me at the moment, well how embarrassingly  cringing was that stuck there to defend the in defendable, what a car crash that was, whilst Johnson hides from the criticism. 

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The Transport secretary on the Andrew Marr show this morning whose name escapes me at the moment, well how embarrassingly  cringing was that stuck there to defend the in defendable, what a car crash that was, whilst Johnson hides from the criticism. 

Schapps? 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

They sent him out there as a lamb to slaughter. They eat their own do the Conservatives. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Several Tory MPs urging for Cummings resignation too

There use to be a code of conduct amongst these people, that if they got caught doing something wrong they held their hands up apologised and resigned, I kind of had respect for that, but know they just tell one lie after another to try and twist the truth to suit, no wonder people don’t trust MPs and there advisors theres not many honest one amongst them. 
Sadly for the Tories Johnson sacked the only credible MPs the Tories had, to reinforce that if you are decent and honest then there’s no place for you in the Tory party. 
Apologies if this is to political for this thread but were else can I put it. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There use to be a code of conduct amongst these people, that if they got caught doing something wrong they held their hands up apologised and resigned, I kind of had respect for that, but know they just tell one lie after another to try and twist the truth to suit, no wonder people don’t trust MPs and there advisors theres not many honest one amongst them. 
Sadly for the Tories Johnson sacked the only credible MPs the Tories had, to reinforce that if you are decent and honest then there’s no place for you in the Tory party. 
Apologies if this is to political for this thread but were else can I put it. 

I think this just shows where the power lies in Downing Street, 99/100 this would be resignation but Johnson is so in thrall to Cummings he's bullet proof. Cummings is running the country with his hand up Boris's arse using him like a ventriloquist dummy.

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There use to be a code of conduct amongst these people, that if they got caught doing something wrong they held their hands up apologised and resigned, I kind of had respect for that

this used to be the case in american politics too.  it's shame the new thing is to be perfect and always right no matter how much of an idiot you look like (both left and right politicians).  i yearn for honest real people politicians.  sadly i don't think the pitchfork wielding masses would appreciate it, they all think the president should be inerrant.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The news media have brought this on themselves. There was a time, in the USA, when news reporting was supposed to be completely impartial. Problem is that didn't really help the ratings. So the news became partisan and this had denigrated into what we have today. If Trumps farts then CNN will declare it a chemical weapon attack and Fox will declare it an environmental wonder.

Both the Tories and Trump have learned that the media doesn't count for shit anymore. It's all completely partisan and everyone just plays to their base. The moderates have become an irrelevant minority.

The news media are a joke. You've got half of them begging for paid subscribers and the other half farming click bait.

Yep good point.  I do wonder what the future of news is, because there is a demand, but I don’t know how they can provide it without begging or a pay wall.  

6 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

What has made me laugh about all this Dominic Cummings debacle is that the press have totally ignored social distancing rules whilst they swamp his home. I wonder if anyone contacted the police about that?

What Cummings has weighed correctly is that the people who voted Brexit and the Tories in the last election are not in tune with the London based media and hysterical screaming lollipop heads like Piers Morgan.

Who ever posted the Civil Service tweet is playing with fire. I would imagine Priti Patel will grind them into dog meat after that.

The journos/paparazzi have put Cummings in line of gaining sympathy...  no doubt the arrogant prick will mention it in his speech and take the high ground

I really don’t mind that he went to family in case he needed help from relatives. As a drive, I can understand that, because I really want to go see my family for a bit following recent personal events.

But it’s the double standard that I can’t abide, the abject “I’m better than the rest” that is so despicable. The fact he’s a Tory is just a sour cherry on an ironic/hypocritical/stereotypical cake with people in power. It’d be almost better than having a recognized dictatorship than this this farce of a “democracy” that’s happening. 

Guest TallPaul1878
2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The journos/paparazzi have put Cummings in line of gaining sympathy...  no doubt the arrogant prick will mention it in his speech and take the high ground

It hasn't helped they've organised a flash mob to harass him at his home and a big advertising van with a jumbo screen playing Boris's stay at home message at his front window 24/7.

They're completely partizan and entrenched in the London media bubble. He is the architect of Brexit so whatever little scrap they could get they will pounce on it like vultures.

As an aside, I wouldn't deliberately go out of my way to cause anyone any harm, specifically if I believed I had symptoms or could potentially have been exposed to the virus but I really don't give two hoots about lockdown. I think people have gone bonkers and it's played into the hands of peeping Tom's, busy bodies and Karen's.

I've been riding my bike and heard people tutting. What the fuck are they doing out then! I've seen people walking towards me in face mask, goggles and gloves and jump into the road to avoid catching the mange off me. It's quite hilarious how daft people are. I see people in supermarkets in full PPE and then they toss it on the ground when they get back to their cars.

I do hope social distancing stays and the 2 metre rule. I hate crowds anyway, nothing worse than walking into a pub and seeing it 3 rows deep at the bar, fuck that, I just go home via Bargain Booze and sit in my garden.

Guest TallPaul1878
41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s broke the rules that he helped make, for that a lone he should resign or be sacked, he broke them in that 
2 week period at least 3 or 4 times. 
Why should he be able to get away with that. 

Because he has figured out that Tories are gonna vote Tory regardless. He treats the media with absolute contempt. The London bubble and metropolitan liberals aren't going to vote Tory and they didn't vote Brexit. He sees them as completely out of touch with the rest of Britain, which they are, irrespective of whether he is also out of touch.

Britain has become just like America with their coastal metropolitan urban areas that predominantly vote Democrat and the rest of the fly over states who predominantly vote Republican. We have a 2 tier country here now too. It seems right and left are charging head long to their margins and the centre has completely collapsed.

It's a bad time for both countries as we are still in the middle of this pandemic and they're just focusing on party political battles.

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

People aren't seeing their parents even though they live down the road or going to their second home because of the rules he put in place. Absolutely no defending him. 

There's two of them so the kid was safe. In fact the only time the kid was potentially endangered was when they done the "test run" driving to the castle. 

Does anyone really believe he went on a test drive to see if he was fit to drive with his wife and child in the car, the press found out from members of the public that he had been seen out that day at beauty spots, the Castle area and the woods so he has made up not very convincing stories as to why he was at these places. 
Please Cummings don’t try and Bullshit a country full of Bullshitters.  

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Does anyone really believe he went on a test drive to see if he was fit to drive with his wife and child in the car, the press found out from members of the public that he had been seen out that day at beauty spots, the Castle area and the woods so he has made up not very convincing stories as to why he was at these places. 
Please Cummings don’t try and Bullshit a country full of Bullshitters.  

It's absolutely pathetic, even by this Governments standards. 

Says a lot that his dad contacted the police for guidance than ring his son who helped make them. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Was always going to happen. Starmer summed the issue up quite well

”Reacting to the findings from Durham Police, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said he was worried the public may decide not to stick to lockdown rules following the row. 

"The most important thing here is not these technical issues," he told BBC Look North. 

"The problem is that by not dealing with Cummings in a strong way the PM has not only showed himself to be weak... But more importantly what I’m worried about is that people might think - well, if Cummings doesn’t have to abide by the rules, why do I have to? 

"Then you’re on a slippery slope. The real risk here is that we lose control of the rules."