IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

Just arrived in England and the difference in behaviour between here and Switzerland is massive, nearly incomparable. So many more people just not doing basics, even the 60+’s; no masks, brushing past people even just openly coughing. It’s absolutely shocking to see considering everything that’s happened here. The government have a lot to answer for but if this has been the general behaviour of people, so has the population. I’m just lost for words 

On 07/07/2020 at 15:05, MikeO said:

Got to have a test because I have a hospital appt on Thursday 16th, before which I have to self isolate for seven days. Test will be at Sandy Park (Exeter's rugby stadium) so waiting for a call as to when.

Just got the call, tomorrow lunchtime. Feels kind of weird to be actually personally confronted with the reality of it when for the last 3/4 months it's been this "thing" that we all know about but has actually directly impacted on few of us, Palfy being the only one on here who's had relatives affected and I know of nobody elsewhere online and in the flesh. I'm totally confident the test will be negative but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a surreal experience.

33 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just got the call, tomorrow lunchtime. Feels kind of weird to be actually personally confronted with the reality of it when for the last 3/4 months it's been this "thing" that we all know about but has actually directly impacted on few of us, Palfy being the only one on here who's had relatives affected and I know of nobody elsewhere online and in the flesh. I'm totally confident the test will be negative but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a surreal experience.

It would be nice to know especially if they could also confirm if you have had it in the past, but the unknown before the test must be worrying for a few reasons, especially when you’re wife and yourself are more at risk than most if you had contacted it. Good luck Mike I’m sure you won’t need it.  

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

It would be nice to know especially if they could also confirm if you have had it in the past, but the unknown before the test must be worrying for a few reasons, especially when you’re wife and yourself are more at risk than most if you had contacted it. Good luck Mike I’m sure you won’t need it.  

Cheers Palf. Indicative of the handling of this though that all the tests down here are being carried out by a charity that gets not a penny from the government. Shameful.

I sold my place in Spain last year on the 14/09 to couple from Romford who have taken early retirement, I’m flying out to Spain on the 16th to put stuff in storage and sign legal completion at the notary. 
Covid has delayed this for 6 months they’ve had to put there life on hold since February, what seems trivial to some is huge to others, Covid has affected so many in different ways. 

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Cheers Palf. Indicative of the handling of this though that all the tests down here are being carried out by a charity that gets not a penny from the government. Shameful.

Unbelievable Mike, but a credit to the British spirit of we will always find away forward even if we are not backed by the powers to be. 

Cor blimey they don't mess around with those "swabs"! Two right to the back of the throat, one on the left and one on the right; choke inducing. Then one up each nostril that bring tears to your eyes! Done though, apparently won't hear anything from them if it's "clear" so I'll be free to go into hospital oh Thursday for them to stick a few more bits and pieces in my orifices, joy.

Strange though, I was expecting it to be a hive of activity but I was the only "patient" there.

• 4 weeks later...

1. So let me get this straight, there’s no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?
2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I have run out of things to do.
3. When this virus thing is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
4. If these last months have taught us anything, it’s that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet.
5. Just wait a second – so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
6. If you believe all this will end and we will get back to normal just because we reopen everything, raise your hand. Now slap yourself with it.
7. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
8. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic.
9. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.
10. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors: 1. How dense the population is and 2. How dense the population is.
11. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
12. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it’s going to take a whole vineyard to home school one.
13. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.

• 2 weeks later...

So this morning I find out one of my staff has had a positive test result. 
He took a test yesterday as he had been to London over the previous few days, no real symptoms. 
I spent a big chunk of the day with him yesterday, he had a mask on the vast majority of the time and we didn’t get too close. But I’ve got to be honest, I’m concerned. I don’t have any symptoms myself, but last night I had hold of my 21 day old daughter for a few hours and feeling a bit concerned if I’ve passed it on to her. 
Ive had a test this morning but chances are that’s probably a bit too soon after coming into contact with someone who has it. 

My house is a bit of a weird place to be today. The missus and baby are in another room. I’m not going near the kitchen.

Im absolutely positive everything will be fine. But I can’t help worrying about it anyway. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

So this morning I find out one of my staff has had a positive test result. 
He took a test yesterday as he had been to London over the previous few days, no real symptoms. 
I spent a big chunk of the day with him yesterday, he had a mask on the vast majority of the time and we didn’t get too close. But I’ve got to be honest, I’m concerned. I don’t have any symptoms myself, but last night I had hold of my 21 day old daughter for a few hours and feeling a bit concerned if I’ve passed it on to her. 
Ive had a test this morning but chances are that’s probably a bit too soon after coming into contact with someone who has it. 

My house is a bit of a weird place to be today. The missus and baby are in another room. I’m not going near the kitchen.

Im absolutely positive everything will be fine. But I can’t help worrying about it anyway. 

Strange times mate you go to work to live not to bring crap back to the family, I hope everything turns out well Steve and keep positive. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Strange times mate you go to work to live not to bring crap back to the family, I hope everything turns out well Steve and keep positive. 

Thanks mate. 
Im sure it will, just hope I’ve not made the baby sick but that’s worse case scenario. 

Got a negative test result back this morning. But a relative who’s a doctor is telling me that having a test within 24 hours of being in contact with someone who has it was probably too soon. I should have waited three days for it to incubate apparently. 
And my boss wants me back in work ASAP even though the guidelines say isolate for 14 days. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Got a negative test result back this morning. But a relative who’s a doctor is telling me that having a test within 24 hours of being in contact with someone who has it was probably too soon. I should have waited three days for it to incubate apparently. 
And my boss wants me back in work ASAP even though the guidelines say isolate for 14 days. 

That’s good news mate the negative result, what are you going to do about work, does your boss no you’ve had a negative result, also if you test negative do you still have to isolate for 14 days. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s good news mate the negative result, what are you going to do about work, does your boss no you’ve had a negative result, also if you test negative do you still have to isolate for 14 days. 

Yeah, my boss knows it was negative. The only other person who was exposed as well as me has been furloughed for two weeks. I’d rather the same for me to reduce the risk but not happening.

You should still isolate for 14 days by the guidance. But I’ll have another test in the next few days, if that’s negative then I won’t complain about working. Not ideal though. 

How insane is it when everyone at my wife's funeral on Friday (even children) have to wear a mask but after when we go to a nearby pub don't have to wear them at all? Fucking ridiculous.

Reading on the crematoriums website they actually ask that people remain in their cars in the car park ahead of going in but not been told that directly so won't. Screw that.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

How insane is it when everyone at my wife's funeral on Friday (even children) have to wear a mask but after when we go to a nearby pub don't have to wear them at all? Fucking ridiculous.

Reading on the crematoriums website they actually ask that people remain in their cars in the car park ahead of going in but not been told that directly so won't. Screw that.

Nothing make sense when it comes to what is and isn’t acceptable with Coronavirus. 
My thoughts will be with you on Friday mate. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

I thought I had it bad today wearing a mask for 10 hours during a training.