IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

42 minutes ago, holystove said:

My 6 year old just tested positive.  He got tested because of a mild fever and runny nose.

Won't be long before I get it too as I have been caring for him when I thought he only had a cold.  As an asthmatic I am not looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for you and your family mate, and hopefully it passes without to much inconvenience to anyone. 

38 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Free or not, I've been taking vitamins C and D, and a zinc supplement, daily for weeks, just in case.

I've been on vitamin D for ages...  5000 i.u and vitamin k to prevent calcium build up. 

Hancock tried to say vitamin D was proven to do nothing.....  

Most vitamin D supplements are crap. 

Got to get a quality source of D3.  Worth watching videos from Dr Rhonda Patrick

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Free or not, I've been taking vitamins C and D, and a zinc supplement, daily for weeks, just in case.

I have a dissolvable multi vit and magnesium every evening for the last few years, mostly to force myself to drink water 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Does Fauci have any proof of that, Matt? Not really been following what he said after being fired by Trump, but a very curious accusation to level at the MHRA without substantive facts. If the US and the EU end up approving, will look even more curious.  

29 minutes ago, Formby said:

Does Fauci have any proof of that, Matt? Not really been following what he said after being fired by Trump, but a very curious accusation to level at the MHRA without substantive facts. If the US and the EU end up approving, will look even more curious.  

Fauci was never fired by Trump.  he still holds the same position.

48 minutes ago, Formby said:

No it won’t, it’ll be a happy coincidence. The man has been nothing but sincere and is highly respected. He didn’t get fired, Thump didn’t like him because he contradicted any false-claim he made with science.

Add to that this government and its “actions” and behaviour of the individual politicians... it just reeks of “we need to look good, it’ll probably be fine, just sign it off”

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No it won’t, it’ll be a happy coincidence. The man has been nothing but sincere and is highly respected. He didn’t get fired, Thump didn’t like him because he contradicted any false-claim he made with science.

Add to that this government and its “actions” and behaviour of the individual politicians... it just reeks of “we need to look good, it’ll probably be fine, just sign it off”

Apologies on the 'firing' - standing up to Trump stands in his favour.

However, the question was whether he had any proof? I haven't seen any - have you? Not a challenge, just very interested as I know people who work for the medical council. 

12 minutes ago, Formby said:

However, the question was whether he had any proof? I haven't seen any - have you? Not a challenge, just very interested as I know people who work for the medical council. 

Personally, I think he was reacting to the stupid and nationalistic tripe issued by Gavin Williamson. What a jerk.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Find it weird we're scrambling for the phizer one when the next vaccine breakthrough had a higher rate (95 compared to 90) and is easier to transport (can't remember what temperature but a lot more than the -70°c or whatever is).

39 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Find it weird we're scrambling for the phizer one when the next vaccine breakthrough had a higher rate (95 compared to 90) and is easier to transport (can't remember what temperature but a lot more than the -70°c or whatever is).

Pretty remarkable that anyone would want that lower effective and sub zero one.  But honestly I doubt the credibility of any pharma companies effectiveness claims.  They are some of the shadiest companies in the world.  We had a massive opioid epidemic thanks to them (they literally pushed pills to increase profits not caring about people’s addiction and dying from overdose).

I am hoping I can wait out a second or third revision, I’m pretty sure I already had COVID now that they’ve changed the timeline (said it hit US in December 2019 now which is when my family and co workers were sick) so hopefully I’ve got the anti bodies.

9 hours ago, Formby said:

I’ve no idea if he has but I am sure of it that he does based on his conduct. Plus the conduct of the government. It was the poor, vulnerable and elderly that suffered most last time, it’ll be them again if they’ve cut corners. Honestly the process of reading bits and pieces as they become available in order to be ahead of the curve is fine for getting a high level gist. But to use it as the basis of the argument that they understand the complex topic sooner than bigger institutes like in Usa and EU who have more resources is not at all convincing to me. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve no idea if he has but I am sure of it that he does based on his conduct. Plus the conduct of the government. It was the poor, vulnerable and elderly that suffered most last time, it’ll be them again if they’ve cut corners. Honestly the process of reading bits and pieces as they become available in order to be ahead of the curve is fine for getting a high level gist. But to use it as the basis of the argument that they understand the complex topic sooner than bigger institutes like in Usa and EU who have more resources is not at all convincing to me. 

I'm not sure what to believe on any issue at the moment - so much misinformation around. But Fauci, at least, appears to be okay with the UK approach  now- which is reassuring.

Fauci apologises for saying UK 'rushed' vaccine - BBC News

"I have a great deal of confidence in what the UK does both scientifically and from a regulator standpoint," Dr Fauci told the BBC on Thursday.

"Our process is one that takes more time than it takes in the UK. And that's just the reality," Dr Fauci told the BBC. "I did not mean to imply any sloppiness even though it came out that way."

Had a vaccination today:)

(Just a flu one mind, I'm not that old)

Two of my daughters have had a blazing row on the covid one, never going to speak to each other ever again (again:rolleyes:)

One does post graduate medical research and the other eats Facebook conspiracy theories whole for breakfast, it was bound to end in tears:unsure:

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Had a vaccination today:)

(Just a flu one mind, I'm not that old)

Two of my daughters have had a blazing row on the covid one, never going to speak to each other ever again (again:rolleyes:)

One does post graduate medical research and the other eats Facebook conspiracy theories whole for breakfast, it was bound to end in tears:unsure:

I turned my offer of the flu vaccine 💉 down, not because I have any negative views against it, more because I’ve never had a serious bout of flu in my life where I haven’t been able to operate, I know there’s always the a possibility for the first time but until that happens I think I will keep declining it. 
But when it comes to the Covid vaccine I have already decided when I’m offered it I’m definitely going to accept it.  

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I turned my offer of the flu vaccine 💉 down, not because I have any negative views against it, more because I’ve never had a serious bout of flu in my life where I haven’t been able to operate, I know there’s always the a possibility for the first time but until that happens I think I will keep declining it. 
But when it comes to the Covid vaccine I have already decided when I’m offered it I’m definitely going to accept it.  

I've only had one flu vaccine before, in 2013 when I first had cancer. This time I was a priority, got emails from surgery and hospital telling me to get it done so I did; guessing I'll be towards the top of the list for Covid as well and I'll have no hesitation in taking it.

Just went through this thread from the beginning. I didn't do any journaling when all of this started to spiral, and I'll always regret that. But you never know the severity of something, or the long-lasting impact it'll have, when it's first starting out. 

It's nice to have a documented timeline of how things went down, so I'm glad we have this preserved. 

29 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just went through this thread from the beginning. I didn't do any journaling when all of this started to spiral, and I'll always regret that. But you never know the severity of something, or the long-lasting impact it'll have, when it's first starting out. 

It's nice to have a documented timeline of how things went down, so I'm glad we have this preserved. 

I hadn’t really thought about looking back to see where we started from and where we’ve got too, and when I have the time I will go through the posts to see the how it’s evolved through the people who have posted here.

What I’m interested to know is whether people around the globe have learnt to treat the virus with respect, or are to many still to blasé about it’s danger. 

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I hadn’t really thought about looking back to see where we started from and where we’ve got too, and when I have the time I will go through the posts to see the how it’s evolved through the people who have posted here.

What I’m interested to know is whether people around the globe have learnt to treat the virus with respect, or are to many still to blasé about it’s danger. 

Because of the "relaxing" of the rules over Christmas (which I think and hope will be back-tracked on) I got a text from one of my daughters this morning inviting me to a "do" at her house on the 27th. Three daughters plus partners and nine kids, crazy. They're not stupid (normally) but I guess feel detached as we've got off so lightly down here (so far).

Needless to say I won't be going, even if I wasn't classed as highly vulnerable I wouldn't. Daft because I've seen none of them since I got out of hospital but they seem to think that four day window means all will be fine:doh: