IGNORED

Corona Virus

Palfy

1 hour ago, RPG said:

What's your point? How does that respond to our government choosing the Italy model over the Korea model. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/how-south-korea-became-the-model-for-beating-the-coronavirus

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

The Parliament is closed but when this is over and it can reopen there will be people with some very difficult questions to answer. 
There have undoubtedly been mistakes made and corners cut in the name of money, let’s make sure we seek the truth to the questions we want answered.

Hopefully those in power did everything they could, with the advice and tactics relayed to them by the professionals, and never swept advice under the carpet due to costs or to tough to implement. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The Parliament is closed but when this is over and it can reopen there will be people with some very difficult questions to answer. 
There have undoubtedly been mistakes made and corners cut in the name of money, let’s make sure we seek the truth to the questions we want answered.

Hopefully those in power did everything they could, with the advice and tactics relayed to them by the professionals, and never swept advice under the carpet due to costs or to tough to implement. 

It'll be same old torybot responses unfortunately. Companies have been done for gross negligence manslaughter for less.

We need a revolution and if we don't revolt it'll be losing world war III that will bring change. May and BJ will have their faces in the history books next to Hitler and the like. 

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-ventilators-eu-scheme-email_uk_5e7e2df8c5b661492266938f?ncid=fcbklnkukhpmg00000008&fbclid=IwAR0X_rzxrqV6NXUckhps9NafiWSt0J-oG94hYuFA6HfMtQKEsSKES3bTEJk&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9tLmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFFU_B_0J-sx3ygyQml6Zg2Y4wGamB8SpUT9i3Rk_7Gvv5VtrbuX87qJ3X14tEteF4ejSXaEJYRtuCFooYNGX6gVS6Ic19GAWWlCcGslvIugFdeIxVSRnDcbwFXcRmlB5q5BLOeovPsaloHPyVBcl0K1sMsoNU4RuDNs5Kiocmkb

6 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

SARS and MERS are still doing the rounds. SARS is currently doing the rounds again besides this particular SARS-Cov2 being a pandemic.

There's vaccines at the final hurdle of human testing for SARS1stopped for want of finance and no sense of the danger.

6 hours ago, Chach said:

This is the Prime Minister of New Zealand going live on FB the first night of their lockdown for all those who feel they're not getting the love they need from their Tory politicians.

We’ve pretty much heard that from our PM but he is still allowing non essential workers and their companies to operate, thus spreading the virus further that’s not the love we require from any politician Tory or otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We’ve pretty much heard that from our PM but he is still allowing non essential workers and their companies to operate, thus spreading the virus further that’s not the love we require from any politician Tory or otherwise. 

The NZ lockdown is nothing like the UK one.

https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/essential-businesses/

20 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Pandemics have always led to revolutions in sanitation practices. I wonder if this pandemic will see a new shift away from high density populations and mass transport such as the underground.

London only improved sanitation last time round due to a massive outbreak of cholera. We all know that London's sewer systems are at breaking point.

Will we see a shift away from the rat race towards major cities, upgrades in  broadband infrastructure to allow remote working? Do banks and businesses really need to have their offices all located in one city and an army of workers shuffling in and out every day? Will we see more satellite centres springing up in smaller towns to ease congestion and overpopulation in big cities?

I've been saying this for weeks. I travel in to Manchester 3 days a week from the wirral. I get the train which is a petridish of coughs, sneezes, farts.... I look out the window approaching Manchester and see the access roads blocked with cars yet there are skyrises being built all over.

I'm an analyst so 90% of my time is in front of a pc. It can't just be me who gets more work done at home... I'm literally 3x more productive.  

I envisage that remote working is going to be far more common place,  we've been using zoom/blue jeans for conferencing.  Most people will work till they get a job done rather than "best not start this pie e of work now, I've got to leave in 30 minutes" etc. 

The fintech banks will be far less saddled with overheads, the branch networks will be less and less. People go to the banks for a chat and routine which is nice but not essential for most of the people aged below retirement as banks aren't open after working hours.

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I've been saying this for weeks. I travel in to Manchester 3 days a week from the wirral. I get the train which is a petridish of coughs, sneezes, farts.... I look out the window approaching Manchester and see the access roads blocked with cars yet there are skyrises being built all over.

I'm an analyst so 90% of my time is in front of a pc. It can't just be me who gets more work done at home... I'm literally 3x more productive.  

I envisage that remote working is going to be far more common place,  we've been using zoom/blue jeans for conferencing.  Most people will work till they get a job done rather than "best not start this pie e of work now, I've got to leave in 30 minutes" etc. 

The fintech banks will be far less saddled with overheads, the branch networks will be less and less. People go to the banks for a chat and routine which is nice but not essential for most of the people aged below retirement as banks aren't open after working hours.

I agree a lot of businesses will realise that working from home is a far better and cheaper option.

And banks have been for years taking advantage of the digital age, just look at the amount of high street branches that have closed. 
I’ve banked with NatWest since I was 19 personal and business and I have seen plenty of changes in my local town over the years, 5 high street banks now 1, 3 offices now 1 which my business manager has said looks like closing. 
My daughter runs the fraud department for a large mortgage lender and works from home quite a bit, the advancement of technology pretty much allows you to be in the office when you are at home. 

3 minutes ago, holystove said:

They started testing everyone who comes into the hospitals here, people with broken legs etc.. turns out 8% have 0 symptoms yet are carrying the virus (and are contagious).

8% have it, spread it, and don't even know it !

That proves the need for whole sale testing as in the USA, here today we rolled out our first testing station for NHS staff only 57 days after the first confirmed case, we still have Doctors and Nurses treating patients with lack of, and inadequate PPE 57 days on, I fear we will be like Italy where doctors and nurses are dying on a daily basis. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Horrific times for people going through cancer treatment (wearing my Macmillan hat); some being told that chemo is too risky due to the damage to the immune system and some having radiotherapy periods reduced from 6/7 weeks to four because of the risk of going to hospital. People are dying from covid but people will also die from insufficient cancer treatment due to it.

This is the kind of systemic failure that leads me to believe there is no actual plan.

If you don't have a plan to treat cancer patients in an event as foreseeable as this then thats a huge failure of planning.

There doesn't even seem to be a plan for the  other at risk, the diabetics, the asthmatics/people with other respiratory diseases. etc.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Do you know what was part of the celebrations the Chinese now their lockdown has been lifted? A reopening of their live animal markets... wow.

If that’s true, I can see China getting a lot of bills from the rest of the world looking for compensation