IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday June 21st

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Who came up with the idea that some teams can't play their home game at home? Bloody ridiculous, we aren't the only ones being penalised.

We are only 10 points above relegation. Stranger things have happened. We’ve already lost out in the fact we’ve played all but one of the alleged top 6 away so we need to get every advantage we can. I’m not happy at all with it starting under modified conditions but a neutral venue as a home game when the rest of the league get a different rule is down right wrong. If there was nothing to play for then fine but we are looking both up and down. Every point is we get from here on in is likely to prove vital one way or another. 

12 hours ago, barryj said:

A few media outlets suggesting that it’s looking more likely to be rightly at Goodison.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/02/everton-hopeful-about-staging-liverpool-derby-at-goodison-park

Given the way behind closed doors results have been going in Germany (8 home wins in 36 games, 17 away wins) we should maybe ask if we can play it at Anfield.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Given the way behind closed doors results have been going in Germany (8 home wins in 36 games, 17 away wins) we should maybe ask if we can play it at Anfield.

It’s been strange and definitely a leveller. These statistics prove even more that restarting the season under new rules / conditions harms the integrity of the competition. Anyway enough from me banging on about it. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

5 subs and 9 players on the bench gives an unfair advantage to the teams with bigger sqauds so any result is tainted. If they are really adamant on the league finishing at all costs they should wait until it is safe to do so. 

Sorry I’ve bitten already. Spurs for instance had Kane out all season and Son also for the most part now they’re both back and fighting fit while we have lost our centre back pairing due to a muscle injury almost certainly caused by the break. I still can’t believe that they haven’t announced where this game is going to be played yet. The whole thing is a shambles being totally glossed over by the media who announce it as the greatest thing for the country and if they keep repeating it, they’re hoping that the majority will believe it. It’s like the Emporers New Clothes 🙄🤦‍♂️

They'll batter us at goodison. It's just what the league wants. Couldn't imagine them winning it at our place. It's going to happen, we're just not up for these matches. Fingers crossed for City. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jun/06/will-grand-old-goodison-park-host-merseysides-return-to-action

Imagine saying the issue of a narrow tunnel is a problem when the players will then spend 90 minutes jostling and sweating all over each other.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Turn a corner and there’s a football ground

That's a big thing I'll miss about Goodison when we leave. 

If the the reason for not playing the derby there is because of the changing rooms the tunnel or the press box, then surely we won’t be allowed to play any of our remaining games at home, because that won’t change no matter who we are playing, so it can only be because of supporters out side the ground that’s the issue, well it isn’t an issue the Merseyside Police have said so and they are the one’s who will be monitoring it and keeping control, so it should be there decision not the PL or any other team in the league, they are not responsible for what happens in the streets of Liverpool the Police are, and they are happy they can control any situations that may occur. 
So what’s the problem?

And yes Pete the loss of Goodson and it’s position in the community and don’t believe can ever be truly replicated or replaced. 

If it’s a neutral stadium,  then I don’t really care where it is. I’ll be too busy watching the match to take notice of any scenery. As long as the football pitch and goals are the right size..... and we beat them.

If we lose I demand a rematch as the stadium choice was unfair and biased towards them.

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not panicking. I'm just annoyed that players are dropping like flies when we shouldn't even be playing, and the fact that they're dropping just goes to show how unfair the restart is.

That wasn’t really aimed at you, sorry. But I can see people going nuts if this continues