IGNORED

Bale, Ramsey and Arkadiusz Milik

bale - there's no chance we can afford 350k a week, i wouldn't want him here anyways.

milik - correct age and talent level, but we already have 3 good strikers this makes absolutely no sense when we need CM/RB/RW so badly.

ramsey - 29 years old will be uber expensive fee and wages, we should look for a younger player who can be here for a while with DCL and richarlison instead.

Much rather Richarlison go back on the left and buy a proper striker than bring in Bale. His main attribute is pace, not a good idea to bring him in when he's old. Done very little against the better teams here. Phil Neville had him in his pocket. 

Would love Ramsey, be surprised if we could get him though.

Gareth Bale signed a record breaking £1,000,000 p/w deal to move to China, it was only Florentino Perez (Real Madrid's President) blocking the deal at the eleventh hour which stopped it going through. There's absolutely no way that he would leave for less than half of that, especially when he has all but confirmed he has little interest in football and prefers to play golf. He has stated numerous times that he is settled in Madrid and regardless of not playing will see out his contract. He won't be moving to anyone any time soon, let alone us. 

Aaron Ramsey was always criminally underrated IMO, it's only that Juventus have the most depth out of anyone in Europe that he isn't getting a game each week - the wages that he would demand would be phenomenal though (he's on around £400,000 p/w) at the moment so is a non starter for me.

I honestly dont think people would be upset if we got Bale in. Ramsey is more of a risk for me as hes more injury prone of the 2.

Bale has not played much recently due to fall out in-class so I'm not sure hes as old a playing age as his real age. Would like to think there are 2-3 more seasons in him with desire to come back and prove a point. He still does it for Wales...

On 01/04/2020 at 20:10, pete0 said:

Gareth Bale v Everton: 9 games, 1 assist, 0 goals.

Any right back worth his salt has his number. Remember him coming on at 2 up for Spurs and us getting the draw. 

I’m happy about that, I don’t want players to score against Everton. I want players who can score against Liverpool, I’ve seen him do that. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m happy about that, I don’t want players to score against Everton. I want players who can score against Liverpool, I’ve seen him do that. 

He'd do well if he faced Glenn Johnson every week. Which is basically the level of most defenders in Spain.

• 1 year later...