IGNORED

Donny van de Beek

If anyone is going to get a tune out of him then I would expect it to be Lampard. 

When I have seen him he is very light weight. Technically he is superb and I think he reads the game well, and I can see him arriving late into the box.

The problem is he will get out fought, he will get beaten off the ball and he won't take the game by the scruff of the neck.

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Christ please don't let this turn out like Klaassen. That's all I see when I look at DVB in an Everton shirt

If he’s poor, particularly if it’s an inability to holding up to the physical English game, I don’t think we will be signing a Dutch player for awhile. 

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

If he’s poor, particularly if it’s an inability to holding up to the physical English game, I don’t think we will be signing a Dutch player for awhile. 

I think it's about finding the right Dutch players. We've seen that they can be successful in this league (VVD, RVP, Bergkamp, Kuyt, Van Nistelrooy), it just takes proper scouting.

And we've proven time and again that we're incredibly hit-and-miss in that department

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Allan , Doucoure and Van De Beek just ahead of them would be a nice 3 man midfield. I am sure he will do well for us and we will be pig sick Utd would not give us a buy option. 

I would like to see Allan as the single pivot with the other two given license to get forward (though not necessarily at the same time). 

No nothing about him to be honest. United fans seemed to be begging to see more of him not long ago.

The safe gamble end of the market seems to be our place again. I'm OK with that, served us well in the past. Much better than splashing cash on the (not so) best of the rest.