IGNORED

Donny van de Beek

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Had a quick gander on YouTube before at him at United and Ajax. It felt reminiscent of a few years ago when I was looking at Davey Klassen. Let's see how he gets on for the duration of the loan, but I'm not getting excited.

That's actually the comparison I have a voice whispering in the back of my head, hopefully we're both wrong.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That's actually the comparison I have a voice whispering in the back of my head, hopefully we're both wrong.

Yeah it's not often you watch a player on YouTube and you don't get excited either... He looked clumsy, slow and weak throughout. Also quite erratic in his challenges sometimes.

2 hours ago, badaids said:

To be fair we’ve been missing a player in the Klaasen role since we sold him at a massive loss.

Donny could really be the next hugely expensive Dutch player to come in, look totally out of place be cast adrift until he leaves the club out a side door with a blanket over his head.

We were missing a player in the Klaasen role when we had Klaasen 😜

8 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

So you don't like this deal and you don't like the Delli alli deal...can you share what deal and for who, you  would you have done this window to try and keep us up?

It's not that I don't like Donny, he has great potential. would have liked an option to buy.

Delli Ali was tearing up trees at  one stage but not recently. If we can rekindle that form, then good buy. Just a nagging doubt, why would Spurs let him move.

Sorry for the negativity. You must agree we've had our fingers burnt a few times over recent years in the transfer market.

Anyway, let's start picking up points and move up the table.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

If they weren’t a risk they wouldn’t be coming here. Simple as that. 

Yeah, this. We are not in a position where we get the finished article very much. We get them young like with Godfrey, old like with Allan or with lots of uncertainty like Gray or now Ali. Even Richarlison was not a sure thing when he came as his form had dipped after playing a ton of games. The most sure thing we’ve signed lately is probably Doucoure.

I was enjoying his football while he was at Ajax, no idea why he has never been rated higher at ManU under different managers but I think he still has more to offer. It is a loan move after all, if he performs, the club can think about making the mover permanent and otherwise he'll be back. It is pretty logical risk for Everton.

7 hours ago, Harv said:

It's not that I don't like Donny, he has great potential. would have liked an option to buy.

Delli Ali was tearing up trees at  one stage but not recently. If we can rekindle that form, then good buy. Just a nagging doubt, why would Spurs let him move.

Sorry for the negativity. You must agree we've had our fingers burnt a few times over recent years in the transfer market.

Anyway, let's start picking up points and move up the table.

Absolutely agree on the fingers burned comment. More times than not it has to be said. At least this time we didn't spend 40-50M and top wages and long contracts. 

onwards and upwards like you say. 😀