IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, he's pile of smelly shite.

All the dreaded rumours that won't go away and that I hate have a common theme - United's tat. Phil Jones, John O'Shea, Chris Smalling, Alan Smith, and now this balloon.

I knew you’d be happy and have a balanced view :P 

We will be linked to a bazillion players between now and whenever next season starts. Links to these peripherial ManU players is expected as we have signed so many players like this in the past. Most likely this is just their agents drumming up interest.

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's kept out of the United team by McTominay (average), Fred (average) and Pereira (hit and miss). He'll either end up at West Ham for the wages or Newcastle for the night life. 

The last couple of games I’ve seen Fred play he has looked a hell of a lot better than average, just thought I would mention that don’t know why but it needed to be said 😄

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

The last couple of games I’ve seen Fred play he has looked a hell of a lot better than average, just thought I would mention that don’t know why but it needed to be said 😄

I agree - he was very poor and looked massively overpriced in his first season but had been excellent recently. Obviously took him a bit of time to settle and adjust but I’d have him (Fred not Lingard) in a heartbeat here.

Lingard’s cousin plays for our ladies’ team. Still don’t want him though. I did however rally rate him as a youngster - I remember him at an u21 England tournament - can’t remember exactly when but he looked a top prospect. Think it was before he’d broken into Man U’s first team and had been on-loan (Derby maybe).

On 03/05/2020 at 11:38, Makis said:

We will be linked to a bazillion players between now and whenever next season starts. Links to these peripherial ManU players is expected as we have signed so many players like this in the past. Most likely this is just their agents drumming up interest.

Past is just that. We have Carlo and Marcel now.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Guess he feels valued there and that gives him confidence. I know I'm being shallow but it sticks that West Ham are going so well under Moyes.

Pains me also but they're peaking, it's not a sustainable position given their owners and potential. Moyes is doing very well with what he has (as he did with us for many years) but they're a yo-yo club and will be be back fighting relegation before long, it's in their DNA.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Moyes tends to get a good first six months out of players with a point to prove. For every Arteta there's a Jelavic though.

That may or may not be the case but it’s worth debating how so many got it so wrong. Which leads me to believe that we should go all out for Ramsey or Ali, because those who didn’t want Lingard also don’t want the other 2 for pretty much the same reason 

• 3 months later...