IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) Wednesday June 24

markjazzbassist

Very, very comfortable but that's just because of how poor Norwich are. The defence has been solid (although Keane has had his moments) and the strikers haven't had much to work with. Gomes has been pretty non existent and Davies has been simply shite - Sigurdsson in his place would get a thumbs up from me at the moment. 

Ramping up the intensity is really needed, it feels like a friendly when in actual fact it should be the easiest three points of the season. They're bottom of the league and resting their best players (Pukki and Cantwell), dropping points here would be a travesty although considering how the first half went I'm happy to sit here at 0-0. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Very, very comfortable but that's just because of how poor Norwich are. The defence has been solid (although Keane has had his moments) and the strikers haven't had much to work with. Gomes has been pretty non existent and Davies has been simply shite - Sigurdsson in his place would get a thumbs up from me at the moment. 

Ramping up the intensity is really needed, it feels like a friendly when in actual fact it should be the easiest three points of the season. They're bottom of the league and resting their best players (Pukki and Cantwell), dropping points here would be a travesty although considering how the first half went I'm happy to sit here at 0-0. 

yeah i think gylfi is the best we can do to replace davies.  he can at least pass.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

he's slung in a couple crosses, much better from him today.  bernard is a ghost he drifts too far inside and leaves digne all alone and isolated.

Agree.  I'd be bringing on both Gilfy and Gordon at the start of the half, with Kean not too much later.

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think it's time to move on from Davies. Feel like he's had chance after chance through the years and has never once shown consistency. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to keeping him around for squad numbers, but I'm pretty much at the end of my rope in terms of seeing him in the first team.

The only scenario where we should keep him on the books is if we send him out on a season long loan 

Apparently BBC were told Bernard was coming off 😂... Glad to see Davies out of the game, Sigurdsson should hopefully be able to put his foot on the ball and dictate tempo a bit better.

Bernard works best when the ball is played in front of him, through the defensive line. It's pointless giving it to him with his back to goal like we saw in the first half, it's just not what he's built for.