IGNORED

Leon Bailey

yes please i've been seeing this guy for a while because he is Jamaican and plays against the US a good bit in international duty.  30m is cheap for a young player of his calibre.  a massive positive is english is his native tongue making a transistion so much easier than if he were from somewhere else.  he's linked with city as well and is mates with Sterling.  i'm sure he will be a hot commodity this summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I really think Bailey is a special player. It would be amazing if we got him because I can see him going to CL club. He hasn’t quite made himself a big name yet, so we still have a chance for now! I’m a little worried he might have a bit of an ego because of his drama with the Jamaican national team, but I haven’t heard anything about him like that at Leverkusen. 

9 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I really think Bailey is a special player. It would be amazing if we got him because I can see him going to CL club. He hasn’t quite made himself a big name yet, so we still have a chance for now! I’m a little worried he might have a bit of an ego because of his drama with the Jamaican national team, but I haven’t heard anything about him like that at Leverkusen. 

I don’t know about the drama. What happened?

49 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yeah that’s proper weird. Did his brother get a call up in the end?

guessing not, transfermarkt showing that kyle butler left a 2nd division austrian club jan 1 2020 and has been without a club since.  he's only 23 still so there is time.  only articles i found said he played for u23 for jamaica so looks like no first team.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Hope so.  We had a line on him last year but went for Carlo's boys instead.  Not saying they were bad buys, but this is the profile we need to evolve the squad.  Young, pacy, powerful, hungry and on the way up.