Jump to content

Leon Bailey


Recommended Posts

yes please i've been seeing this guy for a while because he is Jamaican and plays against the US a good bit in international duty.  30m is cheap for a young player of his calibre.  a massive positive is english is his native tongue making a transistion so much easier than if he were from somewhere else.  he's linked with city as well and is mates with Sterling.  i'm sure he will be a hot commodity this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I really think Bailey is a special player. It would be amazing if we got him because I can see him going to CL club. He hasn’t quite made himself a big name yet, so we still have a chance for now! I’m a little worried he might have a bit of an ego because of his drama with the Jamaican national team, but I haven’t heard anything about him like that at Leverkusen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I really think Bailey is a special player. It would be amazing if we got him because I can see him going to CL club. He hasn’t quite made himself a big name yet, so we still have a chance for now! I’m a little worried he might have a bit of an ego because of his drama with the Jamaican national team, but I haven’t heard anything about him like that at Leverkusen. 

I don’t know about the drama. What happened?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yeah that’s proper weird. Did his brother get a call up in the end?

guessing not, transfermarkt showing that kyle butler left a 2nd division austrian club jan 1 2020 and has been without a club since.  he's only 23 still so there is time.  only articles i found said he played for u23 for jamaica so looks like no first team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the type of rumour that o just can’t get excited about.

Been stung so many times that I can’t even believe we’re really in for him. If I see him unveiled one an Everton top… then fantastic…

Until then, I refuse to accept we’re in for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Hope so.  We had a line on him last year but went for Carlo's boys instead.  Not saying they were bad buys, but this is the profile we need to evolve the squad.  Young, pacy, powerful, hungry and on the way up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, patto said:

On saying top 8 where do you expect Everton to finish then ?

Depends, if we sign a good right back, winger, midfielder and striker, and keep Kean then top 7.

I cant see Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal having good seasons. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Depends, if we sign a good right back, winger, midfielder and striker, and keep Kean then top 7.

I cant see Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal having good seasons. 

 

Didn't them 3 teams finish above us why do you think they will have poor seasons ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, patto said:

Didn't them 3 teams finish above us why do you think they will have poor seasons ?

Spurs will either lose Kane or have an unhappy Kane, which is not good for them. They need a major over hall and have a new manager.

Arsenal have problems up front, will lose their captain and are unsettled under Arteta.

Leeds will have second season syndrome. 

We finish above them and we are 7th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Spurs will either lose Kane or have an unhappy Kane, which is not good for them. They need a major over hall and have a new manager.

Arsenal have problems up front, will lose their captain and are unsettled under Arteta.

Leeds will have second season syndrome. 

We finish above them and we are 7th.

I hope you're right but to get 4 quality players in we have to lose players I do think there will be big changes before the window closes let's hope it's beneficial to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, patto said:

I hope you're right but to get 4 quality players in we have to lose players I do think there will be big changes before the window closes let's hope it's beneficial to us.

I think we will sign them, we need to. I also think that we will lose James and Delph which will save us some money. Plus we have already freed up quite a bit of wages money with the players we have sold, or who have left due to being out of contract, Walcott, Bolasie, Bernard, Besic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loving the positivity @London Blue - a move into PR surely beckons. No guarantee Bailey would have done anything here - knowing us, he probably wouldn't. I think some proper coaching (at last), together with some clever additions in the obvious positions, will keep us very competitive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Depends, if we sign a good right back, winger, midfielder and striker, and keep Kean then top 7.

I cant see Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal having good seasons. 

 

I can see all 3 doing well, especially Arsenal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arsenal are dreadful, can't see how they're having a good season. Spurs on the other hand depends on whether Kane moves on (which I think is unlikely). I don't rate NES though so can see them too being a bit shit.

Edit: Of course 48 hours later Kane doesn't show for training :lol:. 100% out the door now, if City can afford both him and Grealish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can see all 3 doing well, especially Arsenal.

I work with quite a few Arsenal fans and they are very pessimistic. They lack goals, and need players in quite a few areas. Apart from Saka they lack creativity. If they start the season poorly the pressure on Arteta will be immense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...