IGNORED

Leon Bailey

1 minute ago, patto said:

Didn't them 3 teams finish above us why do you think they will have poor seasons ?

Spurs will either lose Kane or have an unhappy Kane, which is not good for them. They need a major over hall and have a new manager.

Arsenal have problems up front, will lose their captain and are unsettled under Arteta.

Leeds will have second season syndrome. 

We finish above them and we are 7th.

2 minutes ago, patto said:

I hope you're right but to get 4 quality players in we have to lose players I do think there will be big changes before the window closes let's hope it's beneficial to us.

I think we will sign them, we need to. I also think that we will lose James and Delph which will save us some money. Plus we have already freed up quite a bit of wages money with the players we have sold, or who have left due to being out of contract, Walcott, Bolasie, Bernard, Besic.

Arsenal are dreadful, can't see how they're having a good season. Spurs on the other hand depends on whether Kane moves on (which I think is unlikely). I don't rate NES though so can see them too being a bit shit.

Edit: Of course 48 hours later Kane doesn't show for training :lol:. 100% out the door now, if City can afford both him and Grealish.

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can see all 3 doing well, especially Arsenal.

I work with quite a few Arsenal fans and they are very pessimistic. They lack goals, and need players in quite a few areas. Apart from Saka they lack creativity. If they start the season poorly the pressure on Arteta will be immense. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What? Andros Townsend doesn't have you salivating enough?

Hahah! I’m happy with him as a squad player and to his credit, he has looked a better player than I thought he would be but I’ve always wanted Bailey as our starting RW

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Hahah! I’m happy with him as a squad player and to his credit, he has looked a better player than I thought he would be but I’ve always wanted Bailey as our starting RW

Well, Townsend is your starting RW. Happy days :lol:.

Like an idiot, though, I'm still going to be refreshing constantly on deadline day hoping we'll actually sign some quality aren't I? Even though I know this is going to be the squad that will stumble it's way to January.

We need our players to perform. We don’t need major signings.

We need a couple of strengtheners, but we don’t need a massive squad overhaul. A couple of first team players and suddenly were a different team.

Ok, we’re not going to be challenging for the top four, but I do find this fighting for relegation talk a bit ridiculous.

Other teams moving away from us for example. So a Leon Bailey for Grealish is a good swap? Of course it isn’t. Villa will be weaker for it. There’s a reason Man City are going for Grealish and not Bailey. Grealish is a top player, Bailey is a mid table player.

9 minutes ago, patto said:

When I say major signings I mean 2/3 of quality but I see a couple going the other way. 

Ye I agree, 2/3 that can slot into the team and make a difference would be massive for us.

Sorry I misunderstood. Thought you looking for major changes. 50+m mark. But totally agree a few first team signings are needed to compete.