IGNORED

Soton (Home) Thursday July 9th

markjazzbassist

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

This one was not a penalty. The stomp on Gordon's ankle was rough but unintentional, but the challenge by Walker-Peters was no penalty

Just now, pete0 said:

For me that's not a pen but I've seen it given every time for the sky six. 

Think Gordon got across and had his leg caught.  That's afoul all day.  Commentators only focused on the shoulder contact, but it the leg contact that makes it a penalty.

We don't really have anyone to blame here. Carlo only has 2 cm to work with. Schneiderlin wanted to go, Gbamin and Delph can't stay fit, Besic is ineligible. It is completely unfair to Davies and Gomes to expect them to carry a 2 man midfield every 3 days under the best of circumstances forget about the 3 month pause and Gomes' injury. We're just fucked and until the window opens we have to hope for some luck. I'm much more discouraged by our defensive errors recently. Thought we were getting that sorted. 

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

God this is a mess. Remember how strong we started the restart? Seems like an eternity ago

I don't think we did to be honest mate. We played Liverpool, who looked like they were still on lockdown, and every match since we’ve struggled. Three points against Leicester was due to a twenty minute rearguard action against at a side that didn't create anything. 

We’ve been terrible for a while now. 

We need to get the likes of Delph and Walcott for as soon as possible. 

Just now, chicagoblue said:

The back 4 get 0 protection from our CMs.  Soton can slide the ball into their CFs at will.  Should be a second yellow and WP off.  Fuck you Lee Mason.

Yup. He was incredibly late. Had he not already had a yellow, that would have been one all day.