IGNORED

Josh King

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

They'll want rid of his wages and he's barely playing for them.

Well they’d get that and more money if they told us to fuck off and only accepted Fulham’s bid. Unless we’re offering a load of cash for the loan deal in which case it’s a fucking mental decision 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why would Bournemouth accept a loan deal over a transfer? Only thing I can think of is that the loan fee would be ridiculous 

They’ll get a small fee either way. Would have to give him a loyalty fee if they sold him outright - probably don’t for a loan.

Just now, Matt said:

Well they’d get that and more money if they told us to fuck off and only accepted Fulham’s bid. Unless we’re offering a load of cash for the loan deal in which case it’s a fucking mental decision 

He might not even want to go to Fulham. It's only rumoured that he's leaning that way. They can't make him go where he doesn't want to go. Therefore, if they want rid of him they have to go with our offer.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

He might not even want to go to Fulham. It's only rumoured that he's leaning that way. They can't make him go where he doesn't want to go. Therefore, if they want rid of him they have to go with our offer.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

They’ll get a small fee either way. Would have to give him a loyalty fee if they sold him outright - probably don’t for a loan.

Fair enough. Guess we’ll find out soon enough :) 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

£5m fee is covered by Tosun wages, so on that I guess it's worth a go. 

Not really. His wages will probably cancel out Kings wages plus we’re paying potentially £5m for 4 months of game time, after which he can walk away, which was exactly what I was concerned about with my earlier posts. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

£5 million is probably dependant on us qualifying for Europe.

I'm hoping it's well staggered, probably £1-2m up front with another £1m or so if we decide to extend his stay beyond the end of this season. 

Performance based bonuses always seem to sneak into these deals too these days so as you say, a top 6 finish will probably see us pay another £1m or so to Bournemouth to make up the £5m or so fee that's been rumoured.

Just now, Bill said:

Think this fella will just be more dead wood.  In his eleven year career he has scored only 56 goals in nearly 300 games. And about 50 of them have been in lower leagues. 

He not a prem player or a prem goalscorer, I don't fancy him at all.

I agree, to a degree, he did play well for Bournemouth in the prem, at times. He has 5 months to show he deserves a contract or impress someone else in the premier league to sign him.

We only have him for 6 months, instead of our usual trick of tripling their wages and giving them a 3 / 4 year deal. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Think this fella will just be more dead wood.  In his eleven year career he has scored only 56 goals in nearly 300 games. And about 50 of them have been in lower leagues. 

He not a prem player or a prem goalscorer, I don't fancy him at all.

53 goals in 184 games that's nowhere near 300 games all for Bournemouth in the prem

Just now, London Blue said:

I agree, to a degree, he did play well for Bournemouth in the prem, at times. He has 5 months to show he deserves a contract or impress someone else in the premier league to sign him.

We only have him for 6 months, instead of our usual trick of tripling their wages and giving them a 3 / 4 year deal. 

We've played it well for a change.

Not a player I was particularly keen on, I'm still not tbh, but it's not the worst signing we could have made and it's certainly better than just going with what we've got.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not a player I was particularly keen on, I'm still not tbh, but it's not the worst signing we could have made and it's certainly better than just going with what we've got.

Agreed, we needed cover there and someone to ease the burden / competition for Richy and Iwobi.

Its like we have grown up and have a proper transfer plan and everything.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely the opposite for me. Don’t get me wrong, glad he’s coming in but the more I think about this, it’s a relatively expensive gamble which shows panic rather than thought out. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Absolutely the opposite for me. Don’t get me wrong, glad he’s coming in but the more I think about this, it’s a relatively expensive gamble which shows panic rather than thought out. 

We'll only be paying the £5m if various targets are met, that's quite clear from the reporting. One of those targets is likely to be us qualifying for Europe and if he helps us do that then he pays for himself anyway. If not, then we don't pay the £5m.

I don't really see the issue with it tbh.

Upgrade on Tosun, he performed 'fine' in Prem for a Bournmouth side. Think the will offer something different up front. 

He should also come to the club very hungry and desperate to prove he deserves a big contract in the summer - he's playing for his next job!! .

If he does a good job, we will be in the boss seat to sign him for another few years.

If part of the fee does include a Europen qualify in clause, then a smart bit of business. We have not over committed, but potentially a player who might make a difference to where we finish.

We also desperately need a bit of cover upfront. If you look at the dealing, he was probabley best available.

So a smart bit of business all around. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he’s no good he’ll be gone in a few months Matt. 
I’d say it’s a relatively cheap gamble. If it’s £5m for six months it’s not too bad. 
we paid £27m for Cenk Tosun, spread over four years (I think he got a four year contract) that’s £3.375m in the same six month period, approximately.