IGNORED

Next Month's Derby Match...

Guest Kato

I have noticed alot of posts on here from bluenoses making references to next months Derby match on the 28th December in one way or another.

The Everton fans on here are all acting as if they are actually gonna achieve something by beating Liverpool on that day (if you do of course)

Yes...you will all feel good on the day if that does happen, but apart from that and the obvious feeling of local pride that it will give you all - what else will you have achieved exactly?

Nothing from what i can see....

It is my view of Everton fans, that beating Liverpool in a Derby match means more to you all than your team ever actually winning a trophy again and i find that a very sad attitude to have, which in my view has been brought about through years of twisted bitterness towards Liverpool FC.

Even if Everton do beat us that day, us Liverpool fans - as dejected as we would feel obviously, can still sit back safe in the knowledge that we are Champions of Europe for a 5th time and have won another 7 trophy's apart than that one since 2001 alone.

They are 2 league cups,1 FA cup,1 UEFA cup,2 European Super cups and 1 Charity Shield.

The only one missing out of that list is the Premiership of course.

What have Everton won since 2001? - NOTHING is the simple answer to that.

So to conclude here....

As much as i can understand the Evertonians getting all worked up and looking forward to the Derby match, as much as it will make you all feel good if you beat us on the day - nothing else will have been gained and perhaps all you Everton fans should start getting as worked up about if and when Everton will ever manage to win 1 trophy again - nevermind coming anywhere near the 8 trophy's that Liverpool have won since 2001.

Winning trophy's is the whole purpose of professional football...not victories in Derby matches (as good as they are obviously)

I fully expect the abusive responses to follow......... :)

Edited by Kato

One thing i forgot to add in that post........

Over on the Liverpool forums, none of us Kopites have even hardly given next month's Derby match a second mention.

Yet on here, you are all acting as if it is some sort of major cup final or something :)

Edited by Kato

One thing i forgot to add in that post........

Over on the Liverpool forums, none of us Kopites have even hardly given next month's Derby match a second mention.

Yet on here, you are all acting as if it is some sort of major cup final or something  :lol:

Everton & Liverpool match eachother point for point until the end of the season Liverpool will finish 6 points clear of the Blues regardless of league positions. However if Everton beat Liverpool in both Derbys (I said IF by the way not WHEN as i am a realist) then goal difference will be the decider between us! Now that could go either way with Crouch & Morientes up front.

So Everton who by your estimations are a poor team will not only finish level with local rivals Liverpool but will also by your estimations be as good as the current reigning European champions.

So dont shout too loud and we will speak again in May if you have the ollys for that little discussion!

Goldfishmemory....

It really does not matter how many times i try to explain to you, but it just fails to sink in.

I'll try and explain this once again. :lol:

It really would not matter if Everton did finish above us again this season (naturally we hope that doesnt happen)...but even if it did so what,what will have been achieved apart from a finishing postion and local pride?

You still wont have won anything in terms of a trophy and as much as i get sick of repeating this...that is what professional football is all about, not finishing positions in league tables.

Everton could well finish above Liverpool for the next 10 seasons to come, who knows?...but it still would not change a damn thing, if in that time Everton fail to win any trophy at all and Liverpool still win trophy's here and there like we have been doing since 2001 :mellow:

What you fail to realise Kato is that we're actually starting to recover as a club from the sh!ttyness that being banned from Europe caused us but i wont go into that as you didn't respond to my post in the Crouch thread .

You ungrateful ba5tards for all the money Moores has thrown at you ( and all he gets is sh!T ) season after season think you have some god given right to trophies every year .

The only reason the derby is getting mentioned this early is because you are on this forum spouting the same old same old ...........

Look at the match days thread , no RS game mentioned yet , we have alot more important games to get out of the way before you lot come into our crosshairs but the fact that you are here makes people mention the derby .

You keep on saying you're looking for a civilised arguement but everytime there is a decent post directed at you all you can say in '' we've won Europe 5 times '' etc etc hence the broken record responses .

You're not here to conduct civilised ( friendly banter :lol: ) conversation , your here to get peoples backs up and thats it .

Personally you don't get my back up , i'am quite amused at the fact you have posted 73 times on an Everton forum instead of interacting with you're own glory hunting , long boat owning ungrateful to55ers .

To me you are a insignificant , a pseudopod for use of a better word .

Edited by Willo

What you fail to realise Kato is that we're actually starting to recover as a club from the sh!ttyness that being banned from Europe caused us but i wont go into that as you didn't respond to my post in the Crouch thread .

You ungrateful ba5tards for all the money Moores has thrown at you ( and all he gets is sh!T )  season after season think you have some god given right to trophies every year .

The only reason the derby is getting mentioned this early is because you are on this forum spouting the same old same old ...........

Look at the match days thread , no RS game mentioned yet , we have alot more important games to get out of the way before you lot come into our crosshairs but the fact that you are here makes people mention the derby .

You keep on saying you're looking for a civilised arguement but everytime there is a decent post directed at you all you can say in '' we've won Europe 5 times '' etc etc hence the broken record responses .

You're not here to conduct civilised ( friendly banter  :lol:   ) conversation , your here to get peoples backs up and thats it .

Personally you don't get my back up , i'am quite amused at the fact you have posted 73 times on an Everton forum instead of interacting with you're own glory hunting , long boat owning ungrateful to55ers .

To me you are a insignificant , a pseudopod for use of a better word .

Right...i will try to responde to all that above waffle bit by bit if i can, do forgive if i miss something - but i will try my best.

Firstly...being banned from Europe didnt cause you anything at all for the simple reason that i am of the view that you would'nt have got nowhere near a European cup final anyway. (financially maybe yes)

Also, we are now in 2005 - so you've had long enough to "recover" wouldnt you agree? :lol:

I actually agree with you about the abuse Moores receives, i think its uncalled for as well..but we certainly do not think we have a "God given" right to win trophy's - every other team in the league has just as much of a right to win as we do, it just so happens that we are one of the teams that just so happens win alot of trophy's...that is fair and square as far as i can see.

As for the Derby, it was being spoken about over and over again even before i joined here..and spoken about as if it was a major cup final or something? :huh:

As for me keep mentioning the "5 times"...i'm sorry but it has to be mentioned over and over again as far as i'm concerned coz whilst you have the right to denegrate LFC in the way you do, i also have the right the defend my club and actually point out what we have won, which as i keep saying is what football is all about.

I appreciate that you are all Evertonians and have the right to say what you wish...but the reason Kopites like myself and others post on an Everton forum is that it just looks so pathetic and absurd to see fans of a very unsuccessful club like Everton go about their daily routine of denegrating the most successful club in English football of all time.

It's all done out of pure twisted bitterness and jealousy, nothing else...and so long as we Kopites dont break the rules of this forum in any way, then surely we have a right to response and counteract.

As for the bits at the end...they are not even worth a response, coz its typical of near enough every Evertonian to be unable to responde to a Kopite without having to resort to be abuse :mellow:

Edited by Kato

Firstly , where as the ban from Europe decimated our club you still had the financial backing of the Moores family to keep you afloat .

We lost our best players and best ever manager due to the fact we were not in Europe and hence investment in our club stalled , people didn't want to invest in a team going nowhere ( and none of it due to our own faults ) where as you still had massive amounts of money onvested by the Moores family .

WHen the ban from Europe was lifted and the premiership kicked in ( and thats when the real money started to flood in to fashionable clubs ) we had already dropped too far behind the rest to compete , we had misssed the '' proverbial '' boat , we had become a struggling club that was always in the red .

Now if you know you're business ( i'am sure you do :lol: ) you're not an atractive proposition to a potential investor if you're constantly running at a loss and due to the fact that events beyond our control led to this we have theright to feel a bit pi55ed off .

Its only now that we're actually in the black 20 years on from our ( disgracful ) ban from Europe and thats not down to the work of the board ( thats for another time , another day ) but down to the fact we unearthed an amazing talent in Rooney and sold him for alot of money ( even though we still got shafted by Manure ) .

As for the Derby , because ( for some strange reason ) we get so many RS posters on here then the Derby may be brought up but i hardly recall it being mentioned before you started you're incesant rants .

NOw fair play to you that you want to defend you're club ( as i too would in you're position ) but i wouldn't go browsing you're RS pages to do it . I wouldn't dream of going onto RS chat just to cause sh!T and thats all you do .

You don't have any major discussion , whenever you get stumped you just spout '' we've won the CL 5 times and you haven't '' and yes that is true but go and talk to your own kind about it and not us on here who are not interested .

As for '' denegrating '' the RS as you put it , i rarely mention the RS because i am more concerned with what is going on in Goodison rather than over the park .

Living with a family of RS you become somewhat tolerant and if you look at my previous posts you will see that .

I defend the RS over Heysal ( to a degree as they were not entirely to blame ) and i will berate anyone who brings up Hillsborough to get one over on you lot as football is just a game and should never result in the death of a person ( or persons ) no matter how bitter a rivalry may be .

I'am not bitter and i'am not jealous , i support Everton and until the derby comes around i couldn't give a flying fook what happens over the park .

As for my pseudopod comments then look it up for fooks sake , once you have learned what it means you will see how i measure you're responses , its not abusive its just a fact .

Sorry if i have hurt you're feelings '' mate '' !!!!!! :mellow:

Edited by Willo

Nope...you havent hurt my feelings whatsoever :lol:

You said in one part of your reply "when i get stumped i just mention the 5 times"...were have i been stumped exactly?

In response to your second paragragh, that for me just illustrates perfectly the bitterness that the typical Evertonian feels - you all need to get over it mate, simple as - time and life has moved on since.

As for the ban...i for one will also say that i also think it was unfair that other British teams were banned coz of something that happened involving Liverpool, but again i will repeat - you all need to get over it, simple as that.

It is of my view that even if the ban had not have happened, Everton would not of become a "European Superpower" as Howard Kenadall claimed...but that it a different debate of course.

As for the Moores family keeping Liverpool afloat, that was just the way it was mate..and that is nothing short of pure jealousy - its the same comparison now with Abramovich and Chelsea, without him - what/were would Chelsea be?

You say you couldnt care less what happens over the park...maybe not you specifically, but more posts on Everton forums make a references in some way towards Liverpool than Eveton themselves.

Please take a visit to somewhere like www.thisisanfield.com and see how many topics mention Everton, you may find one or two if your lucky (started by me most proberbly :mellow: )

Kato knows nothing about the bans and their impact as he isn't even British and has only been an RS fan for 3 years!!

Errr...yeah if you say so :lol:

Please go back to sleep Bluebird and wake up when you feel you are able to engage in the debate properley :mellow:

Let it be known that i am leaving the forum until all that shit the R S idiot is putting on here is stopped,  I cant look at any of the threads without wading through a load of rubbish first, NO PLEASURE. so i'm giving it a rest. :lol:

same here mate, it not even banter its just the same old shite being spouted by the same twit, spk 2 u later ppl i will come back when the gobshite goes

Aload of Evertonians unable to engage in debate coz they are frightened that the truth and the harsh reality of the Everton/Liverpool debate will jump out and bite them.

Quite sad to see you all running for cover now really :rolleyes:

In response to your second paragragh, that for me just illustrates perfectly the bitterness that the typical Evertonian feels - you all need to get over it mate, simple as - time and life has moved on since.

If you detect a little bitterness then here is why , and my bitterness is not aimed directly at the RS but FIFA's and our very own F.A.'s double standards .

But the fact remains that 20 years on we're only just getting over the effects of that terrible tragedy , we have had to endure 20 years of mis-management at the highest level due to things beyond our control .

So forgive some of us for being a little pi55ed off that something that was you're problem crept over the Park and across the rest of the land and stopped us from having our time in the sun .

If you detect a little bitterness then here is why , and my bitterness is not aimed directly at the RS but FIFA's and our very own F.A.'s double standards .

But the fact remains that 20 years on we're only just getting over the effects of that terrible tragedy , we have had to endure 20 years of mis-management at the highest level due to things beyond our control .

So forgive some of us for being a little pi55ed off that something that was you're problem crept over the Park and across the rest of the land and stopped us from having our time in the sun .

I and most other Kopites are of the impression that even if the ban had not have happened, then Everton would have got nowhere near lifting a European cup anyway - but thats a seperate debate of course.

I've said this over and over again and i'll repeat...if Evertonian's such as yourself, put all that negative energy you have in the form of bitterness and channel it into the Everton of 2005 and beyond in the form of positivity, then perhaps your club might have its time in the sun again, who knows?

In a way, i feel sorry for you all - coz last season you all thought that time in the sun had returned, only to see a Liverpool side win the European cup again and Everton crash out of both the CL and the UEFA cup and then be rock bottom of the premiership.

You could'nt have made up a set of circumstances like that if you'd have tried and in that way, i do feel sympathy for Everton supporters - but that is life and football i'm afraid.

On this occassion it was nothing to do with any riots or anything like that..simply a case of Liverpool going onto winning the Champions league.

"It's a funny old game" as someone used to say.

The way things stand, most Evertonians simply have one big almighty chip on their shoulders oweing to unfortunate circumstances..regardless of who's fault it was, that happened 20 or so years ago.

It really is time for all you Evertonians to move on and stop looking back at what might have been..that time has gone - plain and simple and will never return.

I have Everton friends and i know alot about Everton and their supporters and the way they think etc...i have read alot of Everton forums and more comments are made about Liverpool than Everton itself, that to me really is bizzare and a mentality that most Evertonians need to get out of in order for Everton to possibly to be succesful in the future. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kato

Do you not think you're being a little hypocritical saying we need to get over the past when all you do is harp on about your glory days .

You say we should channel our negative vibes into positive ones towards the team but just being positive doesn't win you trophies , my support for Everton is not in question , i go to the majority of home games ( and a few away games here and there ) and always leave my voice behind .

I'am just talking in facts the we could have possibly gone onto better things had we not been banned from Europe and wherever the blame lies us being banned from Europe hurt our club big time and its taken a long time to steady the boat .

Alot of people think last seasons 4th place finish was a false one but the table does not lie , since Moyes has took over we've finished 7th , 17th and 4th so the middle one was the blip not the last one .

Under Moyes we are progressing and i fully expect us to get over our early season debacle and at least finish in the top half of the table this year .

Kato, the fact that you've made 99 posts in 5 days just goes to prove how sad you are and that you have no life. You have made an average of almost 20 posts per day. Look at the time differences between evertonians posts and your responses! You are almost always the one who replies first when someone makes a point, you must be sitting in your dirty little bedsit on your computer, on the internet all day and constantly monitoring the toffeetalk site. Get a life mate!

[quote=Willo

Do you not think you're being a little hypocritical saying we need to get over the past when all you do is harp on about your glory days .

Errr...if Everton had of won what Liverpool have over the past 30 years or so, then i'm sure you would feel fully justified in going on about your teams achievements.

The big difference here though is...that Liverpool are going through good times now , having just won the European cup for a 5th time.

We have won another 7 trophies other than that one since 2001 alone (only 4 years ago), so by any supporter of any teams calculation - that would fully justify having the right to go on about your individual teams "glory days" any day.

If Everton had of won 8 trophy's in a 4 years spell..are you seriously telling me that Everton supporters would not be going on about it all the time?

• 2 weeks later...