IGNORED

Don't Get Too Excited Blues!

jofanon

We are doing great at the moment and I'm thrilled but people should slow down and really analyse that we still have a lot of work to do:

1. We have no plan B

2. We have no natual, dynamic holding player (Carsley is effective but a bit limited)

3. We lack pace and width on the wings

4. If AJ get's injured, what then? With Beattie we result to poor long ball football.

5. We only have a loanee goal keeper (heaven help us when he returns to Manure)

6. We have a very small squad

7. Victor A and James V apart, nothing seems to knocking at the door from the academy

We really are getting there but we still need quite a few more players next summer!

Would be more comfortable if Nugent and Appiah came at Christmas!

Considering a few seasons ago:

1. At least now we have a Plan A how!!!

2. We now have Arteta, Cahill, Neville, Osman, VDM, Davies AND Carsley in our midfield, rather than Gasgoine, Ginola, Watson, Kilbane, Alexandersoon etc

3. With Arteta we have very good delivery from out wide and VDM is on the books and could come good!

4. Not so long ago all we had was Marcus Bent, with big Dunc as a replacement for long ball football. If Gerrard, Rooney, Henry, etc were injured - its the same for most teams.

5. Telfon could be number 1!!!Chances are Howard will never go back, so we should be in pole position come next summer to get a permenant signiture - if we want him, try before you by isn't a bad option.

6. We have a better quality squad now than we have had in many a year. Small numbers It is also one of the reasons our team has such togetherness. Liverpool are having trouble keeping everybody in a large squad happy.

7. Two players I am glad are knocking at the doors of Goodison. at the beginning of last season we only had James V knocking, so in that are we have improved 100%.

I agree we have got plenty of work to do before we get to a level we want to be at, but given the past 10 years there is plenty to be upbeat about. Now we are talking about regular challenging for European places, maybe a cup win with the squad now, instead of having enough quality in the squad just to stay in the Prem -that is a huge difference.

We are doing great at the moment and I'm thrilled but people should slow down and really analyse that we still have a lot of work to do:

1.  We have no plan B

2.  We have no natual, dynamic holding player (Carsley is effective but a bit limited)

3.  We lack pace and width on the wings

4.  If AJ get's injured, what then?  With Beattie we result to poor long ball football.

5.  We only have a loanee goal keeper (heaven help us when he returns to Manure)

6.  We have a very small squad

7.  Victor A and James V apart, nothing seems to knocking at the door from the academy

We really are getting there but we still need quite a few more players next summer!

50732[/snapback]

I'm all for keeping our feet on the ground but this seems a bit negative to say the least. I agree with Rob, compared to a few years ago there's a hell of a lot to be positive about so let's enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't think we'll be challenging for the league in the next 5 - 10 years but you gotta start somewhere!

I don't think we'll be challenging for the league in the next 5 - 10 years but you gotta start somewhere!

50824[/snapback]

Why not challenging for the title, if the warning signs are showing anything it is Everton have a half decent team (I watched the derby), It would make a great change to see some of the smaller teams up there.

T

Why not challenging for the title, if the warning signs are showing anything it is Everton have a half decent team (I watched the derby), It would make a great change to see some of the smaller teams up there.

T

50835[/snapback]

I'd say 4th or 5th is the best you can hope for. There is no way that Everton will be challenging for the title in the forseeable future.

It would be nice to see the smaller teams up there but it won't happen.

Considering a few seasons ago:

1. At least now we have a Plan A how!!!

2. We now have Arteta, Cahill, Neville, Osman, VDM, Davies AND Carsley in our midfield, rather than Gasgoine, Ginola, Watson, Kilbane, Alexandersoon etc

3. With Arteta we have very good delivery from out wide and VDM is on the books and could come good!

4. Not so long ago all we had was Marcus Bent, with big Dunc as a replacement for long ball football. If Gerrard, Rooney, Henry, etc were injured - its the same for most teams.

5. Telfon could be number 1!!!Chances are Howard will never go back, so we should be in pole position come next summer to get a permenant signiture - if we want him, try before you by isn't a bad option.

6. We have a better quality squad now than we have had in many a year. Small numbers It is also one of the reasons our team has such togetherness. Liverpool are having trouble keeping everybody in a large squad happy.

7. Two players I am glad are knocking at the doors of Goodison. at the beginning of last season we only had James V knocking, so in that are we have improved 100%.

I agree we have got plenty of work to do before we get to a level we want to be at, but given the past 10 years there is plenty to be upbeat about. Now we are talking about regular challenging for European places, maybe a cup win with the squad now, instead of having enough quality in the squad just to stay in the Prem -that is a huge difference.

50747[/snapback]

Can anybody tell me what happened with Per Kroldrup :blink: Edited by BLUEWOLF

Ahem & we also realsied he was shiote , Soft  & the world's only Scandanavian to have a fear of the cold so we Took a cple Million Loss after 1 League outing..>lest We forget.

Hasn't Joel been a Blessing :)

51167[/snapback]

I had seen him play a few times for the wolves and he has been solid.

1.  We have no plan B

2.  We have no natual, dynamic holding player (Carsley is effective but a bit limited)

3.  We lack pace and width on the wings

4.  If AJ get's injured, what then?  With Beattie we result to poor long ball football.

5.  We only have a loanee goal keeper (heaven help us when he returns to Manure)

6.  We have a very small squad

7.  Victor A and James V apart, nothing seems to knocking at the door from the academy

50732[/snapback]

every squad in the premiership, except possibly chelski and manu play within their limitations.

no matter who we can afford to buy in the summer we will still have weaknesses, just like every other team.

get used to it. it isnt going to change. its the nature of the sport unless you have an unlimited budget.