IGNORED

Victor Anichebe

sconnerefc

I think Vic offers a lot more than the likes of Zamora, Cole, Di Santo, Jerome, Welbeck, Defoe, and Agbonlahor ect. and still has potential to polish up his game. Outside Man U/City Chelsea and Arsenal Vic would be the second choice striker or 1st choice for the bottom half of the league.

The main things Vic lacks in imo is self-belief and attitude at times (fans partly to blame). Footballing wise he doesn't try hard enough but this could be put down to fitness and lack of match sharpness as the last time he had a run in the team he looked a force (before the Nolan tackle). Other than that all that pisses me off is his pee rollers across the box, but that can easily be worked on in training and not a major attribute for a striker anyway.

I think the fans were very supportive of him to start with until Yak came along and taught him to be a sulky little bitch. The media nonsense surrounding his contract renewal was daft too and certainly didnt help. Its his slapping the ground when he thinks hes being fouled but seriously, like the Yak, someone of his size should not be taken down without a clear foul.

His attitude hasnt improved in 3 years, I dont see it ever happening and getting shut would be best case scenario for all concerned

I think the fans were very supportive of him to start with until Yak came along and taught him to be a sulky little bitch. The media nonsense surrounding his contract renewal was daft too and certainly didnt help. Its his slapping the ground when he thinks hes being fouled but seriously, like the Yak, someone of his size should not be taken down without a clear foul.

His attitude hasnt improved in 3 years, I dont see it ever happening and getting shut would be best case scenario for all concerned

Feckin' Yakubu shaking fist.png. Before his injury I thought his attitude had turned for the better with him running more and in general being a menace rather than his usual featherweight sulk. The past year though, it's been worse than ever. If we tried to mould him into a Drogba style player I think he would become a double figure striker, obviously he lacks the natural talent of Drogba and wouldnt be putting in 30 yarders, but he would be a competent player.

If Anichebe was to depart tomorrow I wouldn't feel too bad about it. In Jelavic we have a proven scorer, that's not to say that next season the kid could have an awful time of it, lose his golden touch and only contribute a goal here and there, but quietly confident, but Anichebe seems to have been around for ages, commentators often get his name wrong (Five), and apart from the odd goal here and there, coming on for second half showings, never really made an impact at Everton for me. It's all about opinions, but too inconsistent, had maybe five years (seniors) at the club now, OK, had his injuries, but seems above all else, a bit of a waste of potential. Seems mainly a sub player is the truth of the matter, maybe Moyes should utilize him more, but seriously, if he was to leave anytime soon, it would be no great loss for me.

he got us a few points on his own last season..i do feel he's runnin out of time though and needs to stop bein a whiney little bitch and use what he has..sometimes when he gets on a run he looks unstoppable(villa in the cup springs to mind)..other times he looks like a toffee wrapper in the wind

He didnt win us any points on his own, he made the most of other peoples good work. Not knocking that, as its what a good striker should do you make it sound like he took on 5 players and curled one in from 30 yards!

Edited by Bailey

He's had more then anough time to prove Himself it has nothing to do with injuries or anything like that He has a poor work ethic a poor attitude and He's simply not good enough and never ever will be!!!!

He may do ok for a Championship side at best but He's never a top tier player, he's like a smacked arse version of Heskey....shite!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Heskey was excellent at Leicester, they should never have sold him. Once O'Neill sold him on, and the manager himself left when he did, the Midlands club were never quite the same. Lost both their prize assets and it showed over time.

Was awful at subsequent clubs, you forget sometimes he played for the shite, and I do think Anichebe has been better than that. We can argue this until the day is long, some may have the time, but not this end. Bottom line is, Anichebe has had five or six years as a senior everton player, hasn't really set anything on fire, comes off the bench every now and again and scores some important contributions from those introductions. A bit part player if ever there was one. The time is perhaps right to move on, if it wasn't before, simply isn't effective enough. Seems inappropriate for EPL levels even, as stated above, think he could offer more at a championship outfit.

• 1 month later...

@EFCFeelinBlue: Everton's record when Victor Anichebe scores: Played 26, Won 21, Drawn 5, Lost 0

Not sure if this is correct but interesting if so.

I was delighted for him yesterday and I hope for a few more performances of the same - like him or not, he's doing the business when he gets his chance (as he did last season) so we must get behind the lad!

Not been his biggest fan and I still don't believe he is good enough to lead our line as he does convert his chances in the way Jelly does, Jelly would have had 3 yesterday. That said my opinion of him is changes and thought he done well yesterday, was strong and led the line using his pace and power down the channels too, hope he stays injury free as could be a good asset for us.

I'm happy he is good enough at this level, and if you watch the extended highlights on the Everton site you'll see just how good he was at Swansea. His link up play was superb, as was his pressure on their defence, and he looks pretty quick too.

He isn't a natural politician, but who is? Those who want shut of Vic make me shake my head.

Interesting to hear the commentators saying they were speaking with Everton staff.

They said that he really lacks confidence and sometimes thinks he is not good enough for this league.

This could be the making of him if it's true. all of this not celebrating and arrogance could have been misread and really the guy may just simply not realise what he is capable of?

Watching him this weekend really put a smile on my face. He was not playing against mugs you know! he was playing against premier defenders and made them look like sunday league players. it was almost like the job Felli did on carrick!

Anichebe, watch the video of that match kid and you will see what you are capable of.

• 1 month later...

He was replaced by Duffy after being named to start with.

I didn't know that. Was watching a foreign channel so they turn the volume down. Still, he can't have been that bad to turn out for the U21's today.

Bet he wishes he'd been ok to play yesterday though because that probably would've meant he wouldn't have played today and got injured.

I'll be candid and say I've never really been a fan of Anichebe, the potential was there, but he never really fulfilled it as a player. Yes, he's had his injury concerns, and time out of the game, but maybe things were expected that were never quite produced.

He's a decent enough individual and have no malice, but in the simplest terms, Anichebe could simply be one man's meat and another man's poison ?