• Lucas Digne
    • Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • André Gomes
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson

James - genuine world class player. He wasn’t always involved but every single touch was top, top quality - we’ve lacked this for so long - SO GOOD! Same can be said for Allan and Doucoure and low and behold Gomes suddenly looks quality, Coleman shines, Gylfi comes on and does well... even Pickford - I’ve criticised him in the past but under less pressure, he did what he needed to do very well. I haven’t felt this good/relaxed watching us for a long time. COYB!!!

So many had greats games. All 3 debutants were very impressive and started flawlessly. Shout out to carlo for starting all 3 i was worried at first sight of the starting line up. Pickford had a steady game which is refreshing and the back line as a whole did their job, Coleman coped with the difficult task of coming up with Son also. Dom did well, rusty at times but the header was a classic CF header and i really enjoyed it!, brilliant ball in by Digne too. 

For me richarlison despite not scoring had his best ever game for us. He rued two really good chances but his overall play was fantastic. His ball control in tight spaces was perfection and got us up the pitch over and over and over again. I actual prefer him on the left and that's why. 

Also not to get ahead of myself but James is going to be the best player we've had this century. 

I have been Pickfords biggest critic this summer.  His save just before half time, gave us the platform to go and win that game in the second half, was as good as a goal.

An away win to a top 6 team on the first day of the season will give the team massive confidence. 

Could off picked half a dozen players, all new signings where great. All three pretty much played the whole game, and look at home in the team. Hats of to Ancelotti. 

I think all did well, Gomes did OK but was the “weakest” player. That’s not a reflection on him though, every other player was just better. 

Was tempted to give it to Doucoure, who was just everywhere and made several crucial tackles. Or Pickford for those saves and some good distribution. Back 2 were solid, Digne, DCL and Richarlison (who really should’ve had a hattrick) worked their asses off.

Allan... A few moments where he was thinking he had more time than he did, but my word what an excellent debut. James is just on another level, did a bit too much walking, but when he was on the ball... my word. I cannot wait to see those two up and running at 100%

But Coleman gets it. Not only did he nullify their left hand side, he covered for James and helped him so much. Got stuck in after that awful challenge on Richarlison too. Lead by example, as you’d expect, but effectively had 3 roles to play today and he just took it in his stride. 

40 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pickford.... Could have been Coleman, James, Allan, Doucoure.  But will go Pickford cos I give him so much shit for things that he actually showed excellent capabilities for today. 

I think attitude/approach/concentration is everything for him and today he showed it 

You been drinking mate😉

Glad to have a game where it’s a choice between 5/6 players.

No one played poorly, our back 5 were a unit lead excellent by coleman. Mina and Keane dominated everything in the air. Digne - what a ball. World class. Pickford was excellent, commanded his area and kept us in the game with some quality saves. 

Midfield, energy, efficient and effective. First run out for them so if this is the template, the teaser of what’s the come we can all forgive ourselves for being a little bit excited.

Richarlison should have had a few but it’s just good to see chances created.

Dom, full of running. Picked out James well and should have gotten an assist. Great header.

MOM - Coleman. We talk about James being world class but so is Son. Coleman didn’t give him an inch all game, nullified their threat with ease and allowed our talisman to influence the game in areas we want him.

Carlo - brave to start the new boys as well because if we lose, that’s instantly the excuse and criticism. Didn’t mind the role siggy came on into as well. 

Joined the Pickford bus.... His saves were crucial to getting that result. Not sure how we would have responded to them taking the lead first.

If there was a Professor Carlo option I would have selected that though! Top choices to play all 3 new boys and formation change.

Spurs very poor and very defensively set - I did wonder if we had swapped kits with them before kick-off 

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t get the Spurs we’re poor. We made them look poor, they didn’t get a chance to show anything

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Totally agree.  They still have threats and could have scored a couple. The pundits discredited us. 

Agree 100% with both, seems clear to me that the pundits still don’t want to give us any credit when we beat a supposedly higher team, same as when we thumped Man U at Goodison season before last.